Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Rear deck sub

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Rear deck sub

Ok dont ask me how dont know how but my sub is blown sounds like the entire deck is shaking but it isnt so is there a way to get a repl from nissan/infiniti or should i start calling junk yards
Old 01-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Got Projectors?

I'm sure you could get a replacement sub from Nissan or Infiniti. Personally though, that thing is trash.

I first swapped mine out with an 8" kicker free-air sub. I eventually got rid of that and have a conventional 12" in a sealed box now. It sounds lots better. And with the sub gone, strangely enough, the rattles in the rear deck disappeared too.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
I'm sure you could get a replacement sub from Nissan or Infiniti. Personally though, that thing is trash.

I first swapped mine out with an 8" kicker free-air sub. I eventually got rid of that and have a conventional 12" in a sealed box now. It sounds lots better. And with the sub gone, strangely enough, the rattles in the rear deck disappeared too.
and what happened to the old did it meet its demise or yu hanging on to it?
Old 01-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Hoooper

ive got a sony 900 watt 8" in mine and it sounds almost as good as the 2 12s i had in my previous car. just swap it with an aftermarket 8 and call it a day.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Hoooper
ive got a sony 900 watt 8" in mine and it sounds almost as good as the 2 12s i had in my previous car. just swap it with an aftermarket 8 and call it a day.
i know it prolly wasnt plug and play so how did you wire it and were did yu purchase it
Old 01-26-2006, 10:35 PM

so... yeah exactly, is it plug and play? or at least as easy as unbolting the BOSE sub and splicing some wires to the new one, and can it sound as good as its supposed to with the stock amp?? although i havent taken a look at the wiring yet, mine sounds good but the deck rattles (im checking the stickies dont worry )
Old 01-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by naijai
and what happened to the old did it meet its demise or yu hanging on to it?
I'm hanging on to mine. As for it being plug and play, the holes lined up and screwed into the stock location (for my 8" kicker free-air that I had in there).

I did use a line output converter and an aftermarket amp to power it though.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:28 AM

Like previously mentioned, you could definitely get a replacement from Infiniti and maybe from a junk yard, but I would suggest removing the sub completely and leaving the hole in the deck. Then buying some aftermarket subs for the trunk. The hole in the deck would act like a port. I've seen this on a few other non-Nissan/Infiniti cars and it worked out nicely.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Hoooper

Originally Posted by carsarecool
so... yeah exactly, is it plug and play? or at least as easy as unbolting the BOSE sub and splicing some wires to the new one, and can it sound as good as its supposed to with the stock amp?? although i havent taken a look at the wiring yet, mine sounds good but the deck rattles (im checking the stickies dont worry )
its plug and play if you want to use the stock amp (not suggested). but to wire it up with a new amp you only need an RCA adapter and a power antenna adapter along with the power cables and what not. just two little small boxes that translate a signal into something else. pretty easy for me, i had someone do it.

Old 01-27-2006, 06:16 PM

on a personal level it would take a miracle and prayer to make up my mind to buy an aftermarket sub setup so i need to find an oem repl cause i dont like bass that much the one provided by the sub was sufficent and too much on max so if anyone wants to sell im looking for one
Old 01-28-2006, 12:20 PM

If you are serious and just want the stock bose 8" sub i am in the process of replacing my stock 8 for a free air 10" to put in the same place. I definetly wont be using the 8" any longer, so i would be willing to part with it.

My question is, does anyone know how much drilling and cutting this will entail if i want to fit this 10" in there properly.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:32 PM

ill take it
Old 01-28-2006, 10:22 PM

yes, I would like to know the same thing. I wanna put either an 8" or 10" free-air sub in the rear deck. And of course get an aftermarket amp and rca linelevel outs and that good shstuff.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Got Projectors?

8" fits no problem. The 10", you'll probably have to do some modification to get that to fit in there.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:12 AM

That's a pretty big sub to be hanging in the rear deck. It would probably sound better and be easier to place it in a box in the trunk.

There is a lot of crap on that deck and it is not very stiff. I imagine you will be getting a good amount of rattling putting a 10" in there. I would love to put a new sub in the stock location because I like to have my trunk space. But I think it's a better option to put it in a box.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by NewLoveI30
That's a pretty big sub to be hanging in the rear deck. It would probably sound better and be easier to place it in a box in the trunk.

There is a lot of crap on that deck and it is not very stiff. I imagine you will be getting a good amount of rattling putting a 10" in there. I would love to put a new sub in the stock location because I like to have my trunk space. But I think it's a better option to put it in a box.
well to prevent the rattling dynamat that deck and should quell any rats