Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

How To's for I35 & Navi GPS CD

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 06:06 PM

How To's for I35 & Navi GPS CD

Just curious if anyone knows where I can find How To's on how to replace the belts and flush the transmission fluid. Or if it's even worth it to do it myself. Dealer wants $150 to replace the belts (I believe there are two), and about $300 for the tranny flush/replacement. I'm also going to be replacing the brakes, however I believe that it's pretty cut and dry. Weird how the rears went before the fronts. Anyone else experience this problem.

Also for those that have the built in Navi, did Infiniti ever offer a replacement disc after 1 year of ownership. I swear that they either told me, or I read that somewhere.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Got Projectors?

Look for the maintenance how-tos in the 5th gen forum section.

As for the rates the dealer quoted you, they're kinda high. I had my accessory belts replaced for $100. Last time I had trans flush I want to think it was $100 as well.

As for the nav CD, I'm not sure. I know when my dad had his I35 with nav, he never got an updated disc. They just gave him the disc for our region and he actually went and bought the rest of the discs for rest of the country.

And yeah, your rear brakes wearing out before the fronts is unusual. May want to check and make sure you don't have a caliper that's sticking in the rear or something. I'm at 84k miles and still on the original rear brakes (since new).
Old 01-26-2006, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
Look for the maintenance how-tos in the 5th gen forum section.

As for the rates the dealer quoted you, they're kinda high. I had my accessory belts replaced for $100. Last time I had trans flush I want to think it was $100 as well.

As for the nav CD, I'm not sure. I know when my dad had his I35 with nav, he never got an updated disc. They just gave him the disc for our region and he actually went and bought the rest of the discs for rest of the country.

And yeah, your rear brakes wearing out before the fronts is unusual. May want to check and make sure you don't have a caliper that's sticking in the rear or something. I'm at 84k miles and still on the original rear brakes (since new).
Thanks for the info Meta... Those sound like much more reasonable prices, were they from the Infiniti dealer? I don't really wanna drive clear across the US. I'm gonna try another dealer close by and see what they say. As far as a caliper sticking, I would imagine the dealer woulda caught it. I'm gonna replace the pads/resurface the rotors this weekend and keep my eye on it.

It's been a while since I've been on the boards, your car is looking good.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:44 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Same with me on the nav cds. When I bought the car new, they gave me my region cd free. I just received a little card in the mail from infiniti nav cd people (forgot their name) letting me know that the new Nav Cds have a more description and picture icons like acura navigation. I want to upgraded to 5.5 disc region 8, I am still using 5.3 and despite what others say, I USE my navi alot. I definitely need the new disc, my neighborhood is not even on the my navi disc.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:44 AM
vsamoylov

prices for the service you got is high. belts you can do yourself and they are easy. there are 2 of them but its simple. about your rear brakes going out fastert then you front check the tension of the parking brake and check the calipers and make sure they are not sticking. quick question do you guys have a installation disc as well?

Old 01-27-2006, 08:24 AM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by BlackI35
Thanks for the info Meta... Those sound like much more reasonable prices, were they from the Infiniti dealer? I don't really wanna drive clear across the US. I'm gonna try another dealer close by and see what they say. As far as a caliper sticking, I would imagine the dealer woulda caught it. I'm gonna replace the pads/resurface the rotors this weekend and keep my eye on it.

It's been a while since I've been on the boards, your car is looking good.
Thanks man, it has been a while since I've seen you post.

And yes, those prices were from my local Infiniti dealer here in Knoxville. I'd try another one first before ponying up that money.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Donating i30 Owner

anybody think they can get me a copy of hte nav disc.. cuase im doing custom work into i30 a32 body.. and well i need disc.. i have one disc but its for i hae no clue where..
Old 01-27-2006, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
prices for the service you got is high. belts you can do yourself and they are easy. there are 2 of them but its simple. about your rear brakes going out fastert then you front check the tension of the parking brake and check the calipers and make sure they are not sticking. quick question do you guys have a installation disc as well?

Well of course it's simple, but do you happen to have or know where I can find a how to? with pics, possibly? I know the 5th gen maxima thread has a link, but the instructions seem a little vague. I've seen the CD Service manual for the I35 on eBay, maybe I'll just invest the $30 or so for it...
Old 01-27-2006, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by leeI35
Same with me on the nav cds. When I bought the car new, they gave me my region cd free. I just received a little card in the mail from infiniti nav cd people (forgot their name) letting me know that the new Nav Cds have a more description and picture icons like acura navigation. I want to upgraded to 5.5 disc region 8, I am still using 5.3 and despite what others say, I USE my navi alot. I definitely need the new disc, my neighborhood is not even on the my navi disc.

Now did the little card from the navi people tell you that they were gonna send you a new disc, or did they wanna charge you for it? I would love to use the navi more, but it's missing an awful lot. Hell, my neighborhood isn't on my disc, however my disc was created before they even broke ground in my new community.

I've got the Garmin C320 in my other car and I prefer using that Much more.