Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

questions/comments on 2k1 I30t

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 11:28 PM

questions/comments on 2k1 I30t

I've been driving I30t a few months now and here I have some comments and qustions.

- my car's turning circle radius is terrible. is it normal? compared to cars I've had/driven like Honda civic (well my car was Acura EL, canadian exclusive), Acura integra, M-B C230, Accord etc.

- I have HID low beam but IT SUCKS. is it because the bulb is old / aim is off? or does it really suck? In the city it doesn't relly matter but out on the high way with poor weather (raining, snowing), I can't see much and it's very tiring to keep concentrating.

- Is the paint quality on I30 low? the car is less than 5 yrs old but rust spots are sneaking out around door handle sills, windows sills etc. and very easily scratched.

- ride is bit floatier than I expected.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:17 AM

All of that seems pretty standard except for that paint. I have never had a problem with the paint, except when I got keyed

Our cars dont have the best turning radius to start out with, but all of those cars you mentioned are quite a bit smaller than the I30. It's just something to get used to.

As far as the HID's, they are actually pretty good. You should look into aiming them properly, it is not very hard to do. My headlamps were aimed quite low form the factory. I re-aimed them and coverage is great.

The floaty ride comes from the fact that the stock suspension is designed for a comfortable ride. you can fix this by installing some more sport oriented lowering springs and better shocks. For springs, I like my Eibach kit, but know that these are pretty stiff springs. If you're looking for something a bit more comfortable, go with H&R's or Tien H-Techs. For struts, I dont think there is a better choice than the Tokico Illumina Adjustables for any springs.

Hope this helps a bit.

BTW, that car has at least a 100k rust warrantee... I'd see what the dealer is willing to do about it. Infiniti dealerships are usually very good.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:39 AM

I am in Canada and just got my I30t a week ago (59k km on it for $16,000 in near-mint conidition). I have noticed similar things to you such as the turning radius - but I don't think it's that bad and as NewLove mentions you are comparing to cars that are much smaller. My son's red wagon has a better turning radius too.

The paint is now 5 years old on your car and you live in Canada - have you had the car rust protected? I have one small spot that the dealer has agreed to look at but I will have it fixed whether they do it or not and then I will have the car treated annually.

I think it's a pretty good car so far.