Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

some help with lowering/struts

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

some help with lowering/struts

So i've finally had the chance to do the work on the struts and spring setup..(Htechs-tokico Illumnias). I've managed to get the fron part done today...took me litterally forever to do it because i couldnt find a good jack point to get the car all the way up. On to the rear however...im having a few problems..

I followed directions from houscor's website on loosening that 17mm bolt that holds the rear shocks in place; right behind the rotors. I have a 12" breaker bar that i'm using right now but it just seems too damm impossible to get that bolt off. I've tried soaking the bastard with PB and WD40 solvents but it doent seem to be workin off. unless i'm a total noob in that i'm turn the bolt the wrong way which i'm like 99% sure that i'm not. but just in case...the bolt is facing inside towards the car...the one that i'm loosening. if i pull up...meaning turning left on the bolt (if facing it)...thats loosening it right...(i'm remembering left loosy righty tighty rules)...
otherwise i'm stuck with this damm bolt on and everytime that i try to get that thing off...i know i'm warping the bolt with the 17mm socket head.. NOT GOOD!!!

any adice is greatly appreciated
Old 04-07-2006, 08:03 AM

Go get a black impact socket and a 2' breaker bar with 1/2" drive. Will take them off like nuthin.

I had the same problem with my install and broke two wrenches and a socket adaptor before I finally went and bought the correct tools.