Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

1997 SE 5spd, 150k miles, a lot of recent maintenance/modifications

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 04:56 PM
KaZ
Supporting Maxima.org Member

New Clutch, 5.5 Gen Pressure Plate & Clutch Disc, with TOB to match

Another angle of the clutch

RAxle in all its glory

Full shot of Drive Side Axle

Front Right Suspension and MotorStorm UDP in the background!
Old 09-05-2006, 04:57 PM
KaZ

Driver's Side suspension

Passenger side complete with wheel!

Anythings else anyone wants to see?
Old 09-05-2006, 05:54 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by ting
I am interested...How is your driving habits? Do you always floor it? I see you used it in the track.
These cars smile at you when you floor it and keep giving you more and more. With all the maintenance he's done, this thing probably runs better than cars 1/8 its age.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:57 AM
KaZ

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
These cars smile at you when you floor it and keep giving you more and more. With all the maintenance he's done, this thing probably runs better than cars 1/8 its age.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

It is a great car, especially for its age... just needs a little TLC like all cars... But I mean I just drove it out here from Virginia Beach back in July, and all I did prior was change the oil and rotate the tires (which was about 148k and the first times since they'd been installed at 142k). I wouldn't think twice about driving her back, or to Los Angeles, or anywhere for that matter. She is a very reliable car... almost are Nissan's are when they're well maintained.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:53 AM
KaZ

Still available... Drove her over the weekend for a few minutes just to keep the blood flowing and the parts from dying of underutilization... =)
Old 09-14-2006, 07:16 PM

Nice car man... too bad i have one.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:51 PM

yea too bad i have one too, the money i invested in mine coulda got me this one! good luck on the sale.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:23 AM
KaZ

Still available...
Old 09-25-2006, 12:48 PM
KaZ

Still available... =/
Old 09-25-2006, 02:53 PM

Wow...bump for a great looking and "well-taken-care-of" car! Just your record keeping alone is a huge selling point.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:04 PM

Sent you an email, serious shopper.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:42 PM
KaZ

Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy
Sent you an email, serious shopper.
Received... I'll try and get you the pictures tomorrow at lunch...
Old 09-28-2006, 11:19 AM
KaZ

Updated shots...

Old 09-28-2006, 11:20 AM
KaZ

Front Passenger Seat, as near to mint as it can be, considering it has 150k miles on it. Seat Heater still works perfect, as do all the power motors

Rear seat. Great shape, no tears, stains, etc. Could use a cleaning though, this was our daily and my son's carseats were back here, so all the crumbs etc just need to be vacuumed out, sorry about that.

Tire tread! Tires have ~9k miles on them. Cost me $600! Wheels were another $540!

Front right fender/bumper damage (I was merged into by a roadraging idiot). Bumper lights and corner marker have obviously been replaced. Matching Black headlights are sitting in a box in the garage, waiting to be installed... I just haven't had the time, and due to shipping damage with the first set I got, I didn't receive these until after I'd relocated to Dallas with the car... so headlights got moved with all my other possessions, and I just haven't had time to get around to installing them.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:21 AM
KaZ

AE Shift **** w/ Cosmo Short Shifter (its in Neutral in the shot). Stereo does not come with the car, bose will be swapped back in.

Rear bumper scuffs from its time in Chicago before I owned it

Scratches in the door...

Minor damage to the front bumper

Another shot of the front passenger side of the car...

Reminder:
Car comes WITH a brand new front and rear bumper cover, grill, and passenger fender. They're all sitting in the original wrapping, they just need to be painted and installed.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:55 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Someone buy this alreadY!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by nismos14
Someone buy this alreadY!!!

that's one of the most rare and awesome color combinations the 4th gen has to offer IMO, and the records/maintenence that has been done to this car makes it a complete steal for 5k. If ONLY i were looking right now, I would get this car over any other car for sale on the .org.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:55 AM
KaZ

Bump... still available... although I have had some interest in it... but still not spoken for... =(
Old 10-16-2006, 06:54 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm interested...when and where can I check it out..
Old 10-16-2006, 06:59 AM
KaZ

Replied to your email. I'm located in Uptown, right on the West side of I75S, Exit 1. Hall Street is the closest cross street. Weather isn't ideal today to come by and look, but I'm available most evenings/weekends if you'd like to swing by.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:29 AM
KaZ

Still available... Dreco came and test drove it, liked the car, but its for his wife, so she'd have the eventual final say... so its technically still available.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:19 AM
KaZ

Still available... Willing to consider offers... KBB is listed at

$4,705 - Excellent
$4,215 - Good
$3,595 - Fair

I would consider it between Excellent and Good, all things considered... Its in EXCELLENT Mechanical Condition, its in Fair Exterior Condition, Interior is near mint considering its age, so Excellent there, car is great all around. So I'll lower the asking price to $4500.

Remember all the major negatives can be easily fixed... car comes with new front and rear bumpers, fender, and grille... they just need to be painted and installed... paint for those panels should run around $500...
Old 10-27-2006, 08:34 AM

Hey Kaz, just a quick question. You seem very knowledgable, say a guy wanted to repair the minor dings, replace the bumper and grille, paint the whole shebang with a decent paint job, factory color...what would a shop charge, approximately?

I'm looking for a reliable daily driver (40 miles a day, just like you did). I want something iwth a bit more class than my 1989 Park Avenue with fading paint, lol. I'm undecided as to what I'm wanting, so I'm kicking around numerous possibilities. I'm in Rural NW KS, so no foreign repair shops, which is my major hiccup...

Anyway, thanks!
Old 10-27-2006, 08:40 AM
KaZ

Originally Posted by jmebonner
Hey Kaz, just a quick question. You seem very knowledgable, say a guy wanted to repair the minor dings, replace the bumper and grille, paint the whole shebang with a decent paint job, factory color...what would a shop charge, approximately?

I'm looking for a reliable daily driver (40 miles a day, just like you did). I want something iwth a bit more class than my 1989 Park Avenue with fading paint, lol. I'm undecided as to what I'm wanting, so I'm kicking around numerous possibilities. I'm in Rural NW KS, so no foreign repair shops, which is my major hiccup...

Anyway, thanks!
Well... For a basic bumper painting, I got a quote of about $600 for a factory '06 Maxima bumper, painted, and installed. My Max already comes with the bumpers, which are about half the cost (an '06 cover costs ~$235). So rough estimate would be about $500 to probably have them all painted the original color, and then I could install them myself... of course, then there is the rest of the car... if you wanted the whole car painted, its a matter of how good a job you want... most shops would quote ~$3k to paint an entire car the same original color... $5k-6k to change it... Maaco will paint your car for $300... but then you get a $300 paint job. I think, the best bet overall, would probably be to have the panels painted to match (i.e. the original color), installed, and then have the entire car professionally detailed... i.e. buffed, polished, and waxed by a professional, to the tune of ~$250. So probably $750 and she'd be shining...

At the moment, I'm leaning towards having the parts painted to match the car and installing them myself, then having it detailed (try and have the door scratches filled/wet sanded/polished) and then obviously raise the asking price to compensate. But I still haven't decided.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:53 AM

Okay, I'd think the paint and detailing would go a long way toward getting it sold, just my opinion...

Let me ask this next (I'm raising my post count and bumping your thread, how's that for mutualism)

What's the next logical step in modding for this car? Obviously, to upgrade the stereo, what would've been your next project - aside from an engine swap?
Old 10-27-2006, 09:09 AM
KaZ

Okay, I'd think the paint and detailing would go a long way toward getting it sold, just my opinion...

Let me ask this next (I'm raising my post count and bumping your thread, how's that for mutualism)

What's the next logical step in modding for this car? Obviously, to upgrade the stereo, what would've been your next project - aside from an engine swap?
Personally I was trying to decide what exhaust I wanted... Its still stock, but its getting up there in age/decay. Still fully functional, but border line... I'd been doing some research on the Y & B-Pipes, mufflers, etc... trying to find something good performing, but not too loud/ricey... Unfortunately, the stock engine doesn't have a LOT of potential in it... its a great engine, but... its hard to get any additional power out of it (for a reasonable price). The suspension is already done, the stereo was, but its been pulled... stock Bose stuff is back in... its tinted, once the exterior is shined up a little, it will look good... not much else I personally would have done... except maybe tried to get a little more performance out of it, if possible. =)
Old 10-28-2006, 11:03 AM

K, thanks for the answer, you've got email.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Wild for Width

Very sweet car. That's how a 4th gen should be cared for
Old 10-31-2006, 09:05 AM
KaZ

Originally Posted by Fr33way™
Very sweet car. That's how a 4th gen should be cared for
Thx... just wish someone with money and a desire for one would think so... lol
Old 10-31-2006, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by KaZ
Thx... just wish someone with money and a desire for one would think so... lol
You've got my email address
Old 10-31-2006, 09:11 AM
KaZ

You've got my email address
Oh don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you... =)
Old 11-02-2006, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by KaZ
Exhaust has a minor resonance at 2700rpm due to a hole at the back of the resonator... exhaust was on my eventual to do list, but I bought another car.... so it wasn't done.
Jon, I am a maxima n00b. Would I need to get a y-pipe or axle back exhaust system to replace the section with the hole? Do you still have the OEM catalytic converter on the car? I would need to get emissions tested.

Thanks,
TDogg
Old 11-02-2006, 12:57 PM
KaZ

Originally Posted by BigTDogg
Jon, I am a maxima n00b. Would I need to get a y-pipe or axle back exhaust system to replace the section with the hole? Do you still have the OEM catalytic converter on the car? I would need to get emissions tested.

Thanks,
TDogg
The small hole is in the resonator... which is a piece of the "b-pipe", which is replaced with a CatBack exhaust... Axle back won't fix the problem (although the muffler is a bit rusty, but its still hole free). Cat is still there, as the entire exhaust is stock.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:14 PM
KaZ

Still unfortunately available and waiting to go to a new home...
Old 11-15-2006, 10:07 AM
KaZ

Last bump and price drop before I list it locally in the Autotrader and other venues... $4k firm, as is, with '06 Maxima SE Wheels & Tires, 12k on them (I'm swapping the Hanabis over to the wife's Max).

Get it while you can. I've got more than $4k in parts and time in the car... she is more than worth it.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:18 AM

I dont have authority to PM you KaZ, but I am looking for a 4th gen and yours is amazing. PLEASE email me regarding the car, maybe we can work something out. Thanks alot,

eba_silvia@yahoo.com
Old 11-21-2006, 02:37 PM
KaZ

Pre-Thanksgiving Bump
Old 12-01-2006, 06:53 AM
KaZ

Post-Thanksgiving Bump
Old 12-17-2006, 02:42 AM

I am interested. Would you still consider selling with those wheels that are in the pictures?
Old 12-17-2006, 04:19 PM
KaZ

She is still optioned as shown in the pictures... I haven't had time to mess with her at all... she has been driven on and off to keep the fluids moving... still doing great... just waiting for the right buyer...

Quick Reply: 1997 SE 5spd, 150k miles, a lot of recent maintenance/modifications