Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

FL 2003 Nissan Maxima SE 6-SPD (Titanium Edition - Grey Lustre)

Old 02-08-2015, 04:54 PM
I can has?

2003 Nissan Maxima SE 6-SPD (Titanium Edition - Grey Lustre)

Hay y'all...

Selling the Max.

You know you want it.

Taken from my Craigslist ad:

HERE IS A LINK FOR ALL 28 FULL SIZED IMAGES:
http://tayloreddesigns.biz/uploads/maxima/

CRAIGSLIST AD:
http://staugustine.craigslist.org/cto/4883265913.html

CAR:

Year: 2003
Make: Nissan
Model: Maxima
Trim: SE - Titanium Edition w/ Sunroof
Exterior - Gray Lustre Metallic (KV3)
Interior - Frost (Grey leather)
Stereo: BOSE 6 Disc in dash CD player w/ 7 Speakers (Including subwoofer)
Engine: 3.5 Liter V6 (VQ35DE)
Mileage: 160,000
Transmission: 6 Speed manual
Drive: Front (w/ Helical limited slip differential)
Brakes: 4 Wheel disc (w/ ABS)
Safety: Driver and passenger front & side curtain air bags.

Up for sale is my 2003 Nissan Maxima SE Titanium Edition. I'm an enthusiast of sorts for the Maxima and this particular one will have been my fourth. The reason I am selling it is because I wanted something RWD and got a 350z. Now this is sitting and I have no use for it.

I like to provide the potential new owner with as much information as I can (good or bad), so please forgive the long winded post. Read on.

I purchased the car from a friend in 2011 and has been very good to me. I've kept up with regular maintenance on it religiously and it has only seen Mobil 1 full synthetic every 4000 miles. I consistently got 21-23 MPG all city driving, and on trips I would see 28-31 depending on the speed.

The 2002-2003's came with Bi-Xenon HID low beam headlights and 9005 Halogen high beams so light output is very good. The A/C works well and blows cold, as well the heat hot. The engine runs perfectly and you will attest to that after a test drive. This is essentially the same engine that was in 2003-2005 350z's and it runs like a scalded cat. Trust me. The added induction noise really adds to the drama. A grocery getter with a bite!

All of the electronics in the car work perfectly- including: Power window switches and motors, power mirrors, power door locks, BOSE stereo (Cd player, speakers, and sub), trip/odometer, interior/exterior lighting, mirror compass and auto-dimming feature, etc. The interior is pretty darn clean considering the year. The interior is a grey leather with driver and passenger power seats. The only rips/tears are a slight one on the SIDE of the drivers front butt cushion (where your power seat controls are), and a very small (maybe 1 inch) tear on the back of the drivers seat. Meh.

The "Titanium Edition"- if you're wondering, was a special edition for the year 2003 only. It was differentiated by "brushed titanium" painted wheels, chrome "Maxima" door sills front and rear, and brushed titanium shifter trim and gauge faces.

--Since I've had the car I've done the following upgrades/maintenance:--

Freshly restored headlights 2015
New NAPA 6524F Battery 2015
New SKF Wheel bearing and hub (Drivers side front) 2014
New OEM Nissan carpeted foor mats 2014
New OEM Nissan 6-Speed shift **** (Here's some trivia- it's the same **** used in R34 Skyline GTR's and Nissan charges $70 for it)
2 New FRONT Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport tires 2014
New brakes 2013 (Front and rear Brembo rotors with Akebono Pro Act pads)
New coolant overflow bottle 2013
New OEM oil cap w/gasket 2013
New OEM Nissan valve covers 2012 (Includes valve covers, valve cover gaskets, spark plug tube seals, & PCV valve and hose)
New OEM upper and lower intake manifold gaskets 2012 (Had to do this when replacing the rear valve cover)
3 New REAR aftermarket ignition coils 2012 (I had a coil go out in the rear shortly after I got the car and you have to pull the intake manifold to access the rear spark plugs. I did all three back there when I did the valve covers)
New OEM Laser Iridium NGK spark plugs 2012
NWP Engineering VIAS Block Off plate 2012 (5-8 Dyno Proven WHP)
Berk Technology 3.5" high flow intake with 6" BLOX velocity stack and AEM Dry flow filter 2012

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff but maybe something will jog my memory if you ask me questions.

--The BAD/ What it needs:--

Struts/Shocks - I planned to lower the car but never got around to it, so they could stand to be freshened up eventually. It still rides comfy and isn't unsafe, but you do get some bounce going over bumps. This might just be me being picky.

Rear tires - You probably have around 10k miles left on the current ones.

Clutch - It still has the stock clutch though the car shifts well and doesn't even slip- a testament to OEM Nissan Parts! Will probably need replacing within the next 15-20k miles.

Rear bumper paint fading - The top of the rear bumper needs a respray. Fortunately the car is a dark grey so it's not that noticeable.

Front Chassis/Suspension bushings - They're factory, the car has 160k- nuff said. If I were keeping the car I'd get control arm bushings, inner and outer tie rods, and ball joints. It doesn't ride bad, pull to either side, or have uneven wear on the tires. But if you want the car to ride perfectly with super tight new feeling steering- keep these in mind.

Upper oil pan gasket - Has a slight leak. Not enough to drip on your driveway, but enough to cause gunk buildup on the lower oil pan. Lower oil pan gasket was done by prior owner in the last 5-7 years.

The rear seat - Funny story with this one... My friend (the one I bought the car from) somehow thought it would be a good idea to leave his old battery on the rear seat in the Florida sun. Needless to say it started leaking and the acid ate through the leather and was a huge mess. Fortunately it didn't compromise anything underneath the seat, or the seatbelt clickers. I took the liberty of having a good condition rear seat shipped from California (Yeah, they're that hard to find) to the tune of $250. But as you can see, it's the wrong color. Woops. At least you can use it now though! I've gotten quotes to have it dyed with an 100% guarantee of the color not coming/bleeding or fading for around $200. There are several upholstery shops in Jacksonville who do this work, and the seat comes out in a snap. Okay two snaps. Literally just pull up on it.

Annnyyway. The car has a clean title (in hand), and is ready to be written over to it's next loving owner. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to text or call me (during reasonable hours) at the number listed in the post. Again, my name is Taylor.

Price: $4300 OBO

Last edited by Pearl93VE; 02-08-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:01 PM

Holy crap that's a clean ride. I would jump on that in a minute if it were closer to DC. GLWS!!
Old 02-18-2015, 09:32 PM
I can has?

Sold!

A new chapter begins...