Maxus Archives Discussions From Past Maxus Meets

Maxus 2005 caravan

Old 03-30-2005, 11:54 AM

I might go but I dont know yet. I will let yall know on May!
Old 04-01-2005, 06:05 PM

some poop came up so count me in as 50/50!!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:56 PM

Attention Killeen/Austin Folks.. let me know when you plan on driving through... i'll go with you.

Chris
Old 04-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Boosted Panda

***Updated***

Royal_T (S.A.)
venommaxr33 (S.A.)
Turbo1er (S.A.)
nissandrvr2004 (S.A.)
InitialB (S.A.)
FLAVOR_24/7 (ATX)
Dubbya (ATX)
DrTySOUFMaX23 (ATX) *PENDING*
Maxout160 (LRDO) *PENDING*
Magik93Maxima (KIL)
max88q (TMP)
Old 04-07-2005, 07:16 AM
VK56 Inside

Originally Posted by DrTySOUFMaX23
some poop came up so count me in as 50/50!!
I hear that. Just found out that the insurance company is going to total my car. Now I dont know if I will have enough money left over to fix it after I buy it back. I am also debating a 3.5l swap or maybe a 2k0 swap and just getting a carbon fiber hood. Looks like I will be pimping the golf ball to Maxus.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you guys need to check out the general forum and read the thread about maxus. it could possibly get moved to houston. keep checking that thread to stay updated, if not i'll try and keep posting the latest news in this thread :attention
Old 04-07-2005, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by venommaxr33
you guys need to check out the general forum and read the thread about maxus. it could possibly get moved to houston. keep checking that thread to stay updated, if not i'll try and keep posting the latest news in this thread :attention
WHAT?!??!?! If they move it to houston then forget it.. i aint drivin all the way out there for this!!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Boosted Panda

Matt only mentioned it as a last result if he could not find a delarship to host it.
He's stil lworking on the Dallas location, which would make it easier for the guys coming from out of State, thats the main reason for Dallas.

Matt93SE
SOONR1, give me some names and numbers if you would please. I'm looking for a place in Arlington area and I know one of the Bankston dealerships is in Irving.

but if all else fails I'm moving it here... I have the contacts to make it happen here... we'll see tho.. SOONR1 and a couple other guys are making some calls in Dallas to hooks us up with a dealer there.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by DrTySOUFMaX23
WHAT?!??!?! If they move it to houston then forget it.. i aint drivin all the way out there for this!!

Jonas, quit being a little girl
Houston is NO further then Dallas. If anything, its probalby closer and the road is waaay better. Going to Dallas, I35 is full of potholes and cracks, not to mention its only one lane due to the construction.

Its a shame, guys are driving from CHICAGO to attend, but some Texas guys dont wish to drive 2.5to3hrs.

How are we supposed to represent our Texas side of the ORG if we cant even get guys to drive a couple of hours to attend a NATIONAL meet.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:05 PM
VK56 Inside

Originally Posted by FLAVOR_24/7
Houston is NO further then Dallas. If anything, its probalby closer and the road is waaay better. Going to Dallas, I35 is full of potholes and cracks, not to mention its only one lane due to the construction.

Its a shame, guys are driving from CHICAGO to attend, but some Texas guys dont wish to drive 2.5to3hrs.

How are we supposed to represent our Texas side of the ORG if we cant even get guys to drive a couple of hours to attend a NATIONAL meet.

I am even gonna take my dented car where ever Maxus is in Texas.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by FLAVOR_24/7

I'm with you, we have guys coming from Phila, PA/ Cali / and Chicago and your complaining about Austin to Houston. That's sad. The guys from Texas should have the biggest representation IT'S IN OUR STATE. Let's not jump to conclusions just yet b/c as of right now its still in Dallas !!
Old 04-14-2005, 06:41 AM
STFU n00b!

Don't get too jumpy yet guys.. I'm wpending 3-4 hours a day working on this stuff trying to get everything scheduled on time. I'm having a fun time trying to track down a dealership willing to host the event, but we're talking with Trophy right now. Courtesy was the plan originally, and they pulled out because the Holiday Inn next to them is booked that weekend. courtesy doesn't even have enough parking for their own employees, let alone 100+ Maximas.

As for the 350Z guys and other stuff coming out (mentioned on the first page of this thread), that's all fine and dandy, but we WILL have separate parking for the non-Maximas.

What I'm planning is an actual judged car show for Maximas only. trophies and awards and whatnot. for those of you with ugly cars (like mine) that don't want to enter the show portion, I'll have another section of parking set up for Maximas only. Next to that, I will have a section for non-Maximas that want to come out and show off.

several members from HNE and DNE (houston and Dallas Nissan Enthusiasts) will be attending, and many of them are not Maximas... So that is in the plans...

Also see the track event stuff for you guys that want to do the road course. It's going to be a day earlier than originally planned, so you'll need to roll up on thursday night, or asscrack of dawn Friday morning if you want to be a part of that.
It's in College Station, so it won't be as bad a drive for you SA and Austin folks.. drive up there and hang for the night, then head to dallas after it's over.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:57 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
Don't get too jumpy yet guys.. I'm wpending 3-4 hours a day working on this stuff trying to get everything scheduled on time. I'm having a fun time trying to track down a dealership willing to host the event, but we're talking with Trophy right now. Courtesy was the plan originally, and they pulled out because the Holiday Inn next to them is booked that weekend. courtesy doesn't even have enough parking for their own employees, let alone 100+ Maximas.

As for the 350Z guys and other stuff coming out (mentioned on the first page of this thread), that's all fine and dandy, but we WILL have separate parking for the non-Maximas.

What I'm planning is an actual judged car show for Maximas only. trophies and awards and whatnot. for those of you with ugly cars (like mine) that don't want to enter the show portion, I'll have another section of parking set up for Maximas only. Next to that, I will have a section for non-Maximas that want to come out and show off.

several members from HNE and DNE (houston and Dallas Nissan Enthusiasts) will be attending, and many of them are not Maximas... So that is in the plans...

Also see the track event stuff for you guys that want to do the road course. It's going to be a day earlier than originally planned, so you'll need to roll up on thursday night, or asscrack of dawn Friday morning if you want to be a part of that.
It's in College Station, so it won't be as bad a drive for you SA and Austin folks.. drive up there and hang for the night, then head to dallas after it's over.

Thanks for the hard work and constant dedication!!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:08 AM
VK56 Inside

Im planning somfin special for this now.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Power Dorifto Extraordinaire!

I want to go, but i am cheap, and my car is cheap, so thanks for the info.
i would blow all my cash just going down there and back. not to mention an entry fee. when should we know exactly where, and how much?
Old 04-14-2005, 09:17 AM
STFU n00b!

I'm working on all that part.

the track entry fee isn't the only part of the weekend. I'm sure there will be many people that skip that part...
the car show will cost a little bit, but basically just the cost of putting on the event- trophies, lunch, t shirts, other related costs.. the show itself is optional as well.

so you can come down and spend next to nothing for the trip if you just want to come and hang out. If you want to participate, then you can spend a ton of $ if you want.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:24 AM

Thanks Matt for keeping us informed and for moving all the MAXUS threads to one place!!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
I'm working on all that part.

the track entry fee isn't the only part of the weekend. I'm sure there will be many people that skip that part...
the car show will cost a little bit, but basically just the cost of putting on the event- trophies, lunch, t shirts, other related costs.. the show itself is optional as well.

so you can come down and spend next to nothing for the trip if you just want to come and hang out. If you want to participate, then you can spend a ton of $ if you want.

Agreed.
I simply plan on just going to see everyones rides and meet some fellow members.
I Should only have to come out of pocket for Gas, hotel and food.
Im sure I'll buy a shirt or whatever is being offered.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:55 PM

Thanks for the work Matt, seems like quite the headache. The more people the better but I think it is good how you will seperate between the carshow/maxima/other. Should be cool to see so many Maxima's in one spot. Good luck getting a site figured out.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:47 PM

man, wish I could have gone to this. make sure yall post pics
Old 04-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by FourthGenMAX

It hasnt occured, you can still come!
Old 04-23-2005, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by FourthGenMAX

Flav 24/7 is right. You still have time to get ready for Maxus. There are quite a few of us leaving here from San Antonio, so just roll up there with us.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:24 PM
STFU n00b!

I'm going to close this thread.. I've made a few stickes for caravans from various sides of the country. If you don't see yours listed (i.e. SoCal, midwest, etc), start a new thread and I will sticky it for you.

that way we can keep the various caravans organized and not have 15 groups trying to organize in one thread.