Maxus Archives Discussions From Past Maxus Meets

Post your Maxus Pics here!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 10:22 AM

its just the 00VI but the thing is, most of the parts that i had on my car were factory parts on his, which equaled a custom upgrade, im not trying to take away from his car but i think the judging was fair, especially since all of the judges were brought over to decide between the two cars. Gabe had custom intercooler piping, so did i.. our cars were almost identical performance wise with the exception of the headers
Old 06-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

Originally Posted by venommaxr33
the judges were volunteer's b/c trophy backed out, yes i was there. I though mr. maxx should have won the daily driver category and maxima girl the show and probly best of show. plain and simple they had bttr cars than the peps who placed in front of them. im not knocking the guys who won by all means congrats but i dont think the best cars won. i think the most fairly judges category was the performance. look at some of the pics u'll see my G35 in the back ground
Thanks for the congrats. A couple things....Trophy would have only judged the 'Dealer's Choice' award, not the other 3 catagories. The judge for the Show catagory was not a rookie at judging car shows.

The judging forms list specific areas that are to be looked at. (20 to 30 categories depending on which class you're in) It's hard to be 'unfair' because the judging is objective. Something is either clean or it's dirty. Either you have mod or you don't. Hell, I lost points because there was some hidden dirt by my parking brake handle.

Everyone will have their opinion on which cars they like best and that's great. I like a lot of things Brooke has done to her Max. I also like what Latin has done. These are my personal opinions. If I were judging though, I would have to go by the forms and not what I happen to like or dislike. I think it's cool that we had such a wide variety of great looking cars at the meet.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by SlamdMax98
its just the 00VI but the thing is, most of the parts that i had on my car were factory parts on his, which equaled a custom upgrade, im not trying to take away from his car but i think the judging was fair, especially since all of the judges were brought over to decide between the two cars. Gabe had custom intercooler piping, so did i.. our cars were almost identical performance wise with the exception of the headers
the thing is a de-k swap and manifold swap is quite a bit different difficulty and time wise. The decision maker was because you had a de-k swap which isn't true. Congrats on your win though, again you had a nice setup and Im sure it makes some nice power.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by Bluesbrekr
Thanks for the congrats. A couple things....Trophy would have only judged the 'Dealer's Choice' award, not the other 3 catagories. The judge for the Show catagory was not a rookie at judging car shows.

The judging forms list specific areas that are to be looked at. (20 to 30 categories depending on which class you're in) It's hard to be 'unfair' because the judging is objective. Something is either clean or it's dirty. Either you have mod or you don't. Hell, I lost points because there was some hidden dirt by my parking brake handle.

Everyone will have their opinion on which cars they like best and that's great. I like a lot of things Brooke has done to her Max. I also like what Latin has done. These are my personal opinions. If I were judging though, I would have to go by the forms and not what I happen to like or dislike. I think it's cool that we had such a wide variety of great looking cars at the meet.
Congrats on your win also, it was good meeting you guys and your car was cleaner than anything Ive seen sitting in a enclosed showroom.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Shiver me timbers.

Did anybody get laid? Pics? You can PM me if you would like.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by maxfanfromohio
Did anybody get laid? Pics? You can PM me if you would like.
Yes, the real yellow pages

Old 06-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Old Maxima Legend

FASHIZL , nice photo album of the meet. its amazing how great these maximas look. makes me want a paint job and some new wheels !
Old 06-09-2006, 05:19 PM
STFU n00b!

Originally Posted by venommaxr33
the judges were volunteer's b/c trophy backed out, yes i was there. I though mr. maxx should have won the daily driver category and maxima girl the show and probly best of show. plain and simple they had bttr cars than the peps who placed in front of them. im not knocking the guys who won by all means congrats but i dont think the best cars won. i think the most fairly judges category was the performance. look at some of the pics u'll see my G35 in the back ground
The judges for these things are ALWAYS volunteers. It keeps them subjective on the cars. Frankly I don't care who wins what class, and I expected a different outcome in the Show class than what we had- until I started judging the cars.

FYI, I have been judging car shows with the Z Club (using national ZCCA judgind rules) for several years. I took their rules and adapted them to be more 'mod friendly' for these events and used the same judging rules last year as well. Everyone that was judging these cars had a specific set of requirements they were looking at and most, if not all have judged before. Before looking over the cars, they all had an orientation of exactly what to look at and score from. This provides a level playing field for everyone in the category and eliminates friends judging friends' cars better than others.
for exact specifics on what was judged, here's the judging criteria we used: http://blehmco.com/maxuspaperwork/judging_criteria.doc

The jist of this year's results is: Just because one car has more mods doesn't mean it will win.

For example, Tom won his class because his car was hospital room clean, as well as a nice page-long list of mods. Brooke's car had more mods, but it wasn't as clean, and some of the cosmetics weren't up to the standards I would expect to win the show category. i.e. overspray in the engine bay, exposed wiring in the cabin, things like that. It looks GREAT from 20 ft away, but when you get up close, it just wasn't as pretty as a complete package as Tom's car. It's the details (like Tom's polished ABS pump) that make the car win in show class.
Would it be different had Tom's car been local and Brooke driven 1000+ miles to the event? maybe. I would have been a bit more leniant on the dirt then... But Tom and Brooke both drove over 1000 miles to come to this event and Tom's car was immaculately clean, which is what won it for him.

As for Mr. Maxx's car, I can't comment on that class as I didn't judge it. I can say from my point of view that the paint job was 100000 times better than last year's (which is what kept him from winning last year because I judged that class then), but since I didn't judge the class this year, I can't say why one car did better than another.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Is there a posting on Town Nissan Backing out? I would like to know why. That ****ing sucks!!
Old 06-10-2006, 01:44 PM
STFU n00b!

They backed out because they said they didn't have any control over the event and things were all being done last-minute... even though I'd been working on these plans since the year before. The way I see it, they just wanted an excuse to back out of the show and looked for every opportunity they had to do just that. no hard feeling- I'll just make sure everyone I know in the Nissan community (which is a VERY considerable number of people!!!) knows what they did and not to shop there. They lost more potential income by pulling out than they ever would have spent just doing the show and telling us to go somewhere else for next year. oh well. no official sponsor, no need to keep it in Dallas anymore.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
They backed out because they said they didn't have any control over the event and things were all being done last-minute... even though I'd been working on these plans since the year before. The way I see it, they just wanted an excuse to back out of the show and looked for every opportunity they had to do just that. no hard feeling- I'll just make sure everyone I know in the Nissan community (which is a VERY considerable number of people!!!) knows what they did and not to shop there. They lost more potential income by pulling out than they ever would have spent just doing the show and telling us to go somewhere else for next year. oh well. no official sponsor, no need to keep it in Dallas anymore.
I hear ya on that one...it's kinda interesting, because my friend who lives in dallas is shopping for cars and looked at an altima at trophy...needless to say i told her to go somewhere else
Old 06-10-2006, 06:00 PM

btw, if we wanted to have it in Tulsa, i know a shop that would sponsor it......
Old 06-13-2006, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ceasars Chariot
FASHIZL , nice photo album of the meet. its amazing how great these maximas look. makes me want a paint job and some new wheels !

Thanks. Thats the main reason I didn't bring my Maxima was because it wasn't even worthy of parking in the same lot as these guys. Its still got a deer dent in the hood and peeling paint on the front bumper.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Maxima.Org Bishes

Where is the Video footage that people took?
Old 06-14-2006, 04:10 AM
Maxima.Org Bishes

Scratch what I said I see the Vids
Old 06-14-2006, 02:01 PM

wheres the pics of the women??? or was brooke the only & hottest one there..
Old 06-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

Originally Posted by K Pazzo 6
Those pics are in a secret password protected thread that is only accessible to those that attended Maxus.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:33 PM

I finally have have some footage of group A....anyone have a mailbox big enough for 40mb? =)
Old 06-14-2006, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by K Pazzo 6

Brooke wasnt the only one there. Sarah is a cutie that was there too and she even came out to play with the fellas at.....................well you had to have been there!!!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 04:24 AM
Maxima.Org Bishes

Originally Posted by FASHIZL
Brooke wasnt the only one there. Sarah is a cutie that was there too and she even came out to play with the fellas at.....................well you had to have been there!!!!!

Very, true there were two Hotties Brooke and Sarah(Noice Louisana dialect).
Old 06-15-2006, 07:57 AM
STFU n00b!

Originally Posted by maximum810
I finally have have some footage of group A....anyone have a mailbox big enough for 40mb? =)
Check your PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:27 PM

http://www.savefile.com/files2.php?f...554&key=976603

Group A session 2...hopefully it works! Not the best footage in the world, but who else has some? =)
Old 10-16-2006, 03:40 AM
Old Maxima Legend

yeah no video footage, someone shout out when the dvd is for sale