Maxus Archives Discussions From Past Maxus Meets

Hotel accomidations recomendations.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 11:58 PM

Hotel accomidations recomendations.

As I start to look for hotels/motels for the out of towners, as suggestions, what are you people looking for in a hotel. EX: Free Wi fi/internet, free continental breakfast for guests, kitchen in your rooms, price per night, etc.

So far Ive looked at two places already, the Hampton Inn is going to be appox, $75 per night. The Hyatt will be $93 to $99 per night, but these rooms are really nice, I know its steep, but I'll be still looking around to see what price range the other hotels are.

How do you guys feel about, once we finalize a recomended hotel for you guys to stay at, do you think its right for you guys to call the hotel and make the reservation arangements yourself, or have me or one of the committee members do it for you. We talked it over at the last meeting and we thought it would be a good idea if you guys made the reservation, reason being, is to avoid any cancelation fees and what not. Mind you that if the majority rules that you guys recomend that we should make the reservations, once credit card is needed to make the reservation, so if you back out there is a possible cancelation fee if canceling a room will greatly affect the price for others. Please let me know soon so I could see what kind of figures/numbers I could get out of the hotels.

Thanks,

Xander
Old 11-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

Last summer at Maxus the rooms were about $75 for either a single or double. It was a pretty nice place and included a continental breakfast. If the Hampton has the breakfast, that would be great. For me, $99 would not be out of the question, but $75 would be my first choice.

Did you ask for their 'Convention' rate?

I agree that we all ought to make our own reservations. I don't think anyone had an issue with that the last 2 years.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:55 PM
mod or sell?

Hampton Inn typically has a nice breakfast and Wi-fi
the rooms are also typically worth a few bucks more IMO
Old 11-19-2006, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bluesbrekr
Last summer at Maxus the rooms were about $75 for either a single or double. It was a pretty nice place and included a continental breakfast. If the Hampton has the breakfast, that would be great. For me, $99 would not be out of the question, but $75 would be my first choice.

Did you ask for their 'Convention' rate?

I agree that we all ought to make our own reservations. I don't think anyone had an issue with that the last 2 years.
I have already, it could be cheaper than $75, but the cheapest I think they will go is $73 if I could persuede them to go that price. Since June is popular for weddings, I recomend to reserve rooms between April thru May, to be sure there will be a rooms available.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:09 PM
I Broke OT

I guess price would be first priority, but not so cheap that the rooms are dirty and unkept. A breakfast would be really nice as well. Spend a few bucks more for the Hampton, save money for meals.