Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

Videos of my car going down a very curvy road after suspension mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Videos of my car going down a very curvy road after suspension mods

Hey guys my digital camera sucks, what can I say its not from this century so the fact that it was made in the 90s should say enough. Anyway these videos would be much cooler if they were even a minute long but of course this camera only takes 15 second clips.

The video makes things look A LOT slower then they are actually happening. Watch the fence and stuff on the side of the road to get an idea of how fast I'm movin. I was probably hitting around 60-65. I wasnt going full bore, just trying to get some decent video, my pads are almost gone and the roads were still a little damp in spots from the rain earlier today so I couldent really go crazy, but if you cant tell already this road is just about the tightest road you have ever encountered so that in its self made things hairy. But of course this is a closed road so everything was done legally.

Anyway heres the clips

http://media.putfile.com/Cornering-79
http://media.putfile.com/cornering-2
http://media.putfile.com/cornering-3
http://media.putfile.com/cornering-4

At the end of the 3rd video you can see me go around a tight corner and hit a bump and the car lost contact with the road for a second and started understeering into the other lane, nothing too serious but this is what I meen by coilovers wouldent be good for me based on the quality of roads around here.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:59 PM

look like some fun roads u got there!
Old 06-03-2006, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by ColdSHO
look like some fun roads u got there!
yeah that road is great but I wish I had a smaller car cause its soo tight its pretty nerve racking. You deff gotta find some serious nut before moving down it with speed.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:12 AM
CAN YOU PUT IT ON THE WALL?

sounds like its time to have a cruise meet in MA!
Old 06-03-2006, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by IWNTMORHP!!
sounds like its time to have a cruise meet in MA!

If I had even 1 minute of constant video I woulda been able to show you the part where you go around a sharp kink and then you go under a very small bridge with concrete pillars on either side. The bridge is only like 10 feet tall so when you move under it at speed it feels like the car isnt going to fit through a what looks like a small hole. I was hopin to get video of my car moving through it about 40-55mph but with only 15 seconds at a time to play with I was having trouble getting some real curves on video. I would have to go slow to start out cause I was focusing on the camera and getting the video started, you can clearly see this in the beginning of video 2, I am going slow at the beginning because I cant keep my focus on the road as I am fiddling with the camera trying to get it started. I had the digital camera attached to the rear view mirror with bungie cords, and it worked great in that regard.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:57 PM
I Broke OT

nice vids. would have been a little better on a video camera but oh well. talk about outrunning your headlights too! that's probably just the camera too. looks like a fun stretch of road!
Old 06-03-2006, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by 86maxima96
nice vids. would have been a little better on a video camera but oh well. talk about outrunning your headlights too! that's probably just the camera too. looks like a fun stretch of road!
very much so the camera. Those looks like bad low beams on the video but those were actually my highbeams and obviously even the stock high beams are pretty good. It wasnt outrunning the headlights as much as it was the fact that the roads were to tight and curvy you couldent see more than 20 feet in front of you no matter how bright it is outside.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:09 AM

where was the camera mounted? ive doen soem testing, with the cam in the backseat u get a better sence of real speed. once strapped a cam to the underside of my car and went for a drive, got some crazy shots.(but u could hear the bad valve lash i had going on at the time, dont worry got that fixed asap) glad it was a crappy cam b4 we smacked it into the ground at about 35mph, but it still works,kinda
Old 06-06-2006, 06:21 AM

sciff5, whats up man, when you getting a cruise meet up there in the cape, i am gonna have to go up there, cause i am droppin the max real soon and those roads look hella fun
Old 06-06-2006, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by ALSOUSA99MAXIMA
sciff5, whats up man, when you getting a cruise meet up there in the cape, i am gonna have to go up there, cause i am droppin the max real soon and those roads look hella fun

gotta wait till the weather is a little better. The water here is still too cold really to swim so I'm thinkin late june would be better. Then people could swim and hopefully and hopefully it will be warmer out.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:18 PM

where was this taken... i'm local. think i recognize it