Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

got my camera back from repair = test it on my car

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 03:47 PM

got my camera back from repair = test it on my car

well, after getting my DSC from repair, I had to go test it out... what better way to test that to shoot some pictures of the car.

here is me going offroading for a little photoshoot

Old 11-18-2006, 03:47 PM

and some stationary pics at the old train depot

and a pic that I think came out the best as far as quality goes

Old 11-19-2006, 05:14 AM

nice, are u going to drop a kit on it soon?
Old 11-19-2006, 09:08 AM

Yeah it looks good, but will look better with a drop!
Old 11-19-2006, 09:40 AM

drop it, looks good man, I'm thinking about those same wheels, but with the alloy finish, how do you like them?
Old 11-19-2006, 10:44 AM

the drop... I want one, but currently it's too much money/hassle for me. I spent over 4k on mods in less than a year, and I only have one job and I pay for my own college education, so right now I need to build up my savings account again.

Also it's a hassle because I'm on a warranty and they said any performance modifacation will void the warranty (but I have a FSTB and a K&N filter and they haven't said anything). Also, for a drop you don't just need a coilovers or springs&struts... you'd need a camber kit... plus installation costs... etc... I'm just not ready for a drop yet... I want one because my front wheel gap looks like a SUV... the rear I really don't care because the subs lowered the rear a little bit. So yeah... all in due time
Old 11-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by GETukrainian
the drop... I want one, but currently it's too much money/hassle for me. I spent over 4k on mods in less than a year, and I only have one job and I pay for my own college education, so right now I need to build up my savings account again.

Also it's a hassle because I'm on a warranty and they said any performance modifacation will void the warranty (but I have a FSTB and a K&N filter and they haven't said anything). Also, for a drop you don't just need a coilovers or springs&struts... you'd need a camber kit... plus installation costs... etc... I'm just not ready for a drop yet... I want one because my front wheel gap looks like a SUV... the rear I really don't care because the subs lowered the rear a little bit. So yeah... all in due time
the money part is understandable as I'm pretty much on the same boat, but dropping it will not void your warranty....my car's been to the nissan dealer several times and it's dropped, has an LTB, RSB, FSTB, and wheel spacers which are very noticable and I haven't heard any comments about them.

and not sure what you mean by 'need' a camber kit, because you certainly dont...just get a front end alignment and you'll be good. The rear is fixed from the factory due to the rear beam. and installation is a piece of cake, particularly for the front.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:20 AM

Oh, I thought lowering is universal on all cars... for my old car you would need so much **** on top of just struts and springs... camber kits, strut boots, etc and you still run a risk of having improper tire wear.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by GETukrainian
Oh, I thought lowering is universal on all cars... for my old car you would need so much **** on top of just struts and springs... camber kits, strut boots, etc and you still run a risk of having improper tire wear.
nope, just springs/struts and $25 front end only (don't pay for the 4 wheel) alignment. If you get coilovers you can adjust all that anyway, and most springs don't drop the car far enough for a camber kit to be absolutely necessary.