Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

Finally got some pictures...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 12:28 PM

Finally got some pictures...

Here are some quick snapshots i took of my very first nissan... I was going to post the pics on my other existing thread but i was having some problems updating the title, so i just made a new one. i just got her a week ago. The more i drive it the more i love it. i was kind of worried at first changing from hondas, but i'm really happy with my decision.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

Clean looking Max. Were those wheel arch protectors on there when you got it? Probably look a bit better if they were removed.

2K2 6 speed FTW!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:58 PM

haha,, man its funny you ask that because i was about to ask if i should take them off or leave em on... yes, they came with the car, they are painted the same color as the car so they dont look too bad, but they do seem a bit "protruding" and the car already has all kinds of body cladding, like mudguards, sideskirts, spoiler and stuff like that.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by seby86
i was kind of worried at first changing from hondas,
What's wrong w/the NSX? Or the Passport or Ridgeline? All have awesome reviews. Accord and Civic are best sellers, it's gotta mean something's right. So why'd you get a Maxima?

Jae
Old 08-12-2007, 01:47 PM

nothing wrong with hondas. why? is there anything wrong with nissans? ok first of all, i can't afford a nsx..or the insurance for that reason. second, i dont want a passport (which is an isuzu rodeo, (no rodeo's for me thank you), but mostly because it is an suv) or the ridgline because it is a truck and it is too expensive...the only cars i was looking at was the Acura RSX-s or the Honda Civic Si (99-00). i dont like the mini-van look of the EP3 hatch (01-05) I couldnt find an Si (99-00) that wasnt raced or over-priced.. so it was really down to the RSX-s. the one i drove handled very well and was very solid and fun to drive and took curves very well, ( if i could find any curves, everything is pretty straight here in houston) the power was descent, it was a nice car. the only issue was it was small and cramped inside, kind of like my 2000 civic coupe and the back seat was very small and hard to access.. and the drivers seat didnt go back enough for me. I'm 6'5". but overall i liked the car. then i went to carmax ( i know carmax is overpriced but just hear me out) cuz i figured i'de just check out what they got and kill some time. i saw this white 02 Maxi SE and i liked the way it looked but i figured it'de be automatic ( i heard they came in 6spd manual, but what are the chances of this one being a 6spd). sure enough i walked up and looked inside and saw that it was a stick. sweet" i thought. so i asked if i could test drive it. immediatly i saw how nice & spaciouse the interior was and then when i drove it, i loved the way the it just accelerated with a fury and anger that the RSX just didnt have and it kind of was exciting, so between the classy interior and styling, and the power i made a choice to go with the maxima. and it had been reduced in price because it didnt sell for a while (maybey cuz it was a manual) but that was the selling point for me. and they said that if i didnt like it i can return it within 5 days risk-free and without any fees. it also came with a 30-day guarantee, so any problems at all, i can bring it back and they'll fix it no questions asked. so i figured it wasnt such a bad deal..
Old 08-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

haha,, man its funny you ask that because i was about to ask if i should take them off or leave em on... yes, they came with the car, they are painted the same color as the car so they dont look too bad, but they do seem a bit "protruding" and the car already has all kinds of body cladding, like mudguards, sideskirts, spoiler and stuff like that.
I'd take them off. You're right, with the other 'stuff' that comes on the car they look out of place.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:50 PM

Thats the exact car I wanted, trim level and everything, but couldn't afford it, you SUCK...

JK, nice car man, there is a member rides seciton BTW
Old 08-12-2007, 05:54 PM

Very clean car, FYI there is a Member's Rides section.

edit: Fast1one beat me to it lol.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:11 PM
is invisible

glacier pearl.
let the modding commence!
Old 08-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Banned

very nice. and your 1st mod will be...?
Old 08-12-2007, 06:59 PM

1st mod should be to take the carmax letters off the back and shave that ****
Old 08-12-2007, 07:01 PM

looks exactly like mine when I bought it.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:35 PM

thanks...ya i'll take off the wheel arch thingies.. and the carmax logo as well. and i saw the members ride section but i had already posted it here(i was like dang, i should of posted this over there...(my bad i'm a newb, haha) but anyway if a moderator wants to move this thread over there, they can.. what do yall think my first mod should be? (besides what kencapel said)
Old 08-12-2007, 08:34 PM

First mods will be some of the most expensive, Suspension, wheels and/or tires, brakes, in that order

Trust me, its worth it
Old 08-12-2007, 09:44 PM

nothing wrong with hondas. why? is there anything wrong with nissans? ok first of all, i can't afford a nsx..or the insurance for that reason. second, i dont want a passport (which is an isuzu rodeo, (no rodeo's for me thank you), but mostly because it is an suv) or the ridgline because it is a truck and it is too expensive...the only cars i was looking at was the Acura RSX-s or the Honda Civic Si (99-00). i dont like the mini-van look of the EP3 hatch (01-05) I couldnt find an Si (99-00) that wasnt raced or over-priced.. so it was really down to the RSX-s. the one i drove handled very well and was very solid and fun to drive and took curves very well, ( if i could find any curves, everything is pretty straight here in houston) the power was descent, it was a nice car. the only issue was it was small and cramped inside, kind of like my 2000 civic coupe and the back seat was very small and hard to access.. and the drivers seat didnt go back enough for me. I'm 6'5". but overall i liked the car. then i went to carmax ( i know carmax is overpriced but just hear me out) cuz i figured i'de just check out what they got and kill some time. i saw this white 02 Maxi SE and i liked the way it looked but i figured it'de be automatic ( i heard they came in 6spd manual, but what are the chances of this one being a 6spd). sure enough i walked up and looked inside and saw that it was a stick. sweet" i thought. so i asked if i could test drive it. immediatly i saw how nice & spaciouse the interior was and then when i drove it, i loved the way the it just accelerated with a fury and anger that the RSX just didnt have and it kind of was exciting, so between the classy interior and styling, and the power i made a choice to go with the maxima. and it had been reduced in price because it didnt sell for a while (maybey cuz it was a manual) but that was the selling point for me. and they said that if i didnt like it i can return it within 5 days risk-free and without any fees. it also came with a 30-day guarantee, so any problems at all, i can bring it back and they'll fix it no questions asked. so i figured it wasnt such a bad deal..
Great story! Glad you found something that you love and it worked out. Enjoy the ride.
Jae
Old 08-13-2007, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bluesbrekr
2K2 6 speed FTW!
QFT

To the OP: 'Grats on the purchase.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:19 PM

Very Nice man.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Sexier Than Simpson

Originally Posted by kencapel
1st mod should be to take the carmax letters off the back and shave that ****

Please remove the Carmax and shave the emblems.

Then get SFC's, Brakes, FSTB, Eibachs and Illuminas
Old 08-13-2007, 05:16 PM

FSTB? (watch it be something where i'm like "oooooh, of course")
Old 08-13-2007, 07:26 PM

i really love this car and im sure that this is the next car that i get but until then....

FSTB=front strut tower bar??
Old 08-13-2007, 07:33 PM

FSTB = Front Strut Tower Brace, I think. Took me a minute too... Nice ride!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:39 PM

fixed

Originally Posted by Bluesbrekr
5.5 6 speed FTW!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:23 PM

omfg,,,,,,,wtf...nice story and nice car man.Good Job.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:54 PM

thanks for all the replies..
Its funny, i used to be all "Honda-man" and dreamed of the day i can mod it to be the way i wanted it. It upset me so whenever i was smoked by something else or when one of my fellow "honda-buddies" fell prey to some crappy-*** mustang or something.....
however, now that i have this car, i find i have this weird craving inside of me,to go out onto the streets, locate and target a civic, and pretty much eat if for dinner ( and i used to be a die-hard civic fan!!!!) Is this normal? Should i show mercy to my fellow civic buddies who worked so hard and spent so much money modding their prized possesions? Or should i simply ruin their day buy completely blowing them away in something completely stock that i havent even touched or spent any money on yet? Would this be cruel? I dont know, it might be already too late anyway. I have already betrayed them all... might as well right?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:58 PM

Very clean Max.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:38 AM

Very Very nice, I wish I had a 6spd. Good Luck!!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:58 AM
absoundlab

time to mod it

Old 08-16-2007, 01:22 PM
What was that?

WELCOME! Nice starting canvas. El Boricua Representa Cuando Entra.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:43 AM

^ ya tu sabe come va pai... ante de irme del dealer, ponerle la banderita fue la primera cosa que yo le hice. thanks for the comments though..