Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

Mr****s95SE updated pics! Woot!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008 | 11:29 PM
Offset Is Everything.

one owned by his son, the other owned by the coppers.

im owned by vibrating ship anchors, bad alignment, warped brakes, broken driverside window motor, broken A/C, door dinged up the ****, etc. cant forget to mention my $600 speeding ticket a couple months ago. so its not all that bad for you guys.
Old 08-10-2008 | 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mr****s95SE
one owned by his son, the other owned by the coppers.

im owned by vibrating ship anchors, bad alignment, warped brakes, broken driverside window motor, broken A/C, door dinged up the ****, etc. cant forget to mention my $600 speeding ticket a couple months ago. so its not all that bad for you guys.
trust me if I listed everything that was wrong with my car you'd faint

How fast were you going? I was bookin' it, I hope mine ain't a 2 pointer.
Old 08-11-2008 | 12:05 AM
Offset Is Everything.

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero

thats only listing what is wrong now. If i go back and list all the previous problems, it would be a very long list that i dont even want to think about.

i wasnt going that fast. it wouldve been a $300 ticket. 51 in a 35. he nailed me going 1mph over 20. in turn, the ticket price goes super high. BUT my ticket never showed up in the system so i blew it off. turns out i got sent a mailer saying i have to pay $1000 bail because i missed the courtdate. if i paid in a certain amount of time, its only $600. so man that hurt a LOT. what happened was that they input my birthdate incorrectly as 1965. i sure as hell aint born in '65. i shouldve shown up on the coutdate nonetheless. lesson learned.
Old 08-11-2008 | 12:47 AM

Hmmm 16 over is 600 bucks huh...

I think I'm screwed..
Old 08-11-2008 | 06:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah, I feel better now. I have both cv boots that decided to fully break and open up within a week of each other and the other day my passenger side motor stopped working. It seems like my car decided soon after 100k miles it needed to have some fun falling apart. Compared to you all I have it ok though.
Old 08-11-2008 | 09:51 AM

Holy crap dude... $600 for a speeding ticket! Did the officer tell you how fast he was going to book you? I was nailed a while ago at 90mph in 65mph. Officer was being nice and booked me 80mph because he told me the ticket would be a lot more if he booked me another 1mph more. He also told me not to fight the ticket because he will show in court and tell the judge that he originally "clocked" me going 90mph (he said he was pacing me a mile away), so I was like... thank you officer. My ticket was nowhere near $600 and I think I got only 1pt but I was able to do traffic school though. 65mph for me all the way now and 75 tops if I'm running late cuz I wont be able to do traffic school for a year and also to save gas
Old 08-11-2008 | 10:26 AM

oh and i think the increment is by 5s so having just one over is really lame.
Old 08-11-2008 | 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by max95q
Yeah, I feel better now. I have both cv boots that decided to fully break and open up within a week of each other and the other day my passenger side motor stopped working. It seems like my car decided soon after 100k miles it needed to have some fun falling apart. Compared to you all I have it ok though.
List them, you say? Gladly.

I have bose.
Bose volume control doesn't like to work. Not only is it impossible to change the volume, but the volume changes itself when you hit bumps. This would be somewhat correctable if not only my ipod but the $2 headphone minijack cord that I painstakingly soldered wires to (seriously, WTF) for the aux input wasn't stolen.

If I lock my car there's a 50% chance that the alarm will go off for no reason in under 5 minutes. Have to unplug the battery every time I lock it. Coincidentally the battery will drain (bad battery or just a drain, haven't tested yet) if I leave it hooked up for a few days without running the car.

My Konis? Rattling around (loudly and disconcertingly) in the stock housings every time I hit a bump since I cut too much off the top. I have a degree of toe in in the front and I can't get an alignment since my alignment DOESN'T STAY CONSTANT. They're also blown now (although it's hard to tell with all the rattling), I have another set of unmolested blown stock struts and one new shortened koni with a stripped out retaining bolt hole sitting around but haven't done anything about it.

My starter doesn't like to start the car, it'll crank half-heartedly for a few strokes, stop, and then all of a sudden come to life and crank good as new. Sometimes takes 10-15 seconds to start my car.

5 or 6 of my body panels are keyed, some severely, some have horrible scratches, some have dings.

My brakes sometimes make a grinding sound when I come to a stop, just replaced the fronts awhile ago, rears have plenty of meat left. Also there's some uneven pad transfer so I have a mild "warped rotor" feeling sometimes.

My clutch chatters and there's nothing I can do about it, I've replaced it twice so far (AND it was replaced a year before I got it) and it still chatters horribly. So I have to take off either very tenderly and noob-like or vigorously and roast the clutch or it will chatter. I'm good with a stick (no homo) so I can take off from idle or 1k rpm smoothly and with no drama, but not with this car.

CEL is on for an IAT sensor that won't friggin stay in (the retainer clip is broken)

Ball joints seem pretty shot but I don't want to replace them yet

Feels like the car misfires/detonates every once in awhile when I roll on the throttle (to partial throttle, not WOT) after a shift to 4th or 5th at about 2.5-3k rpm, I was thinking this might be the MAF or something but it's pretty seldom that it happens

AC compressor clutch bearing is shot, makes a horrible noise. I just got a smaller serpentine belt and bypassed the AC altogether. It worked, but it smells funny and makes a weird faint vibration when I turned it on. I'd get a new bearing and press it in but there are like 5 different ones to get depending on what compressor you have. I usually roll with my windows down anyway so it's no big deal... until you're in LA at 2PM and it's hot enough that you've got your left foot out the window on the freeway, shifting without a clutch (don't worry, I've got plenty of experience).

Should I keep going?
Old 08-11-2008 | 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by IHAVEA2KMAXIMA
Holy crap dude... $600 for a speeding ticket! Did the officer tell you how fast he was going to book you? I was nailed a while ago at 90mph in 65mph. Officer was being nice and booked me 80mph because he told me the ticket would be a lot more if he booked me another 1mph more. He also told me not to fight the ticket because he will show in court and tell the judge that he originally "clocked" me going 90mph (he said he was pacing me a mile away), so I was like... thank you officer. My ticket was nowhere near $600 and I think I got only 1pt but I was able to do traffic school though. 65mph for me all the way now and 75 tops if I'm running late cuz I wont be able to do traffic school for a year and also to save gas
Mine was 91 in a 65, I was nice, officer was a ****. Did he tell you about how much it would be?
Old 08-11-2008 | 11:39 AM

I asked the officer but he said he had no clue cuz its decided by the judge. He just know that over 80 would be a lot more.

all my doors are semi-badly scratched and chipped if that make any difference.
Old 08-11-2008 | 11:41 AM

Dang! Yeah, I have it better. I forgot my Bose cd player doesnt work, and I also have the same grinding noise when I stop sometimes, I checked the pads and they were fine. New rotors?

I contemplated telling my son but I dont think it will change his decision, lol.

List them, you say? Gladly.

I have bose.
Bose volume control doesn't like to work. Not only is it impossible to change the volume, but the volume changes itself when you hit bumps. This would be somewhat correctable if not only my ipod but the $2 headphone minijack cord that I painstakingly soldered wires to (seriously, WTF) for the aux input wasn't stolen.

If I lock my car there's a 50% chance that the alarm will go off for no reason in under 5 minutes. Have to unplug the battery every time I lock it. Coincidentally the battery will drain (bad battery or just a drain, haven't tested yet) if I leave it hooked up for a few days without running the car.

My Konis? Rattling around (loudly and disconcertingly) in the stock housings every time I hit a bump since I cut too much off the top. I have a degree of toe in in the front and I can't get an alignment since my alignment DOESN'T STAY CONSTANT. They're also blown now (although it's hard to tell with all the rattling), I have another set of unmolested blown stock struts and one new shortened koni with a stripped out retaining bolt hole sitting around but haven't done anything about it.

My starter doesn't like to start the car, it'll crank half-heartedly for a few strokes, stop, and then all of a sudden come to life and crank good as new. Sometimes takes 10-15 seconds to start my car.

5 or 6 of my body panels are keyed, some severely, some have horrible scratches, some have dings.

My brakes sometimes make a grinding sound when I come to a stop, just replaced the fronts awhile ago, rears have plenty of meat left. Also there's some uneven pad transfer so I have a mild "warped rotor" feeling sometimes.

My clutch chatters and there's nothing I can do about it, I've replaced it twice so far (AND it was replaced a year before I got it) and it still chatters horribly. So I have to take off either very tenderly and noob-like or vigorously and roast the clutch or it will chatter. I'm good with a stick (no homo) so I can take off from idle or 1k rpm smoothly and with no drama, but not with this car.

CEL is on for an IAT sensor that won't friggin stay in (the retainer clip is broken)

Ball joints seem pretty shot but I don't want to replace them yet

Feels like the car misfires/detonates every once in awhile when I roll on the throttle (to partial throttle, not WOT) after a shift to 4th or 5th at about 2.5-3k rpm, I was thinking this might be the MAF or something but it's pretty seldom that it happens

AC compressor clutch bearing is shot, makes a horrible noise. I just got a smaller serpentine belt and bypassed the AC altogether. It worked, but it smells funny and makes a weird faint vibration when I turned it on. I'd get a new bearing and press it in but there are like 5 different ones to get depending on what compressor you have. I usually roll with my windows down anyway so it's no big deal... until you're in LA at 2PM and it's hot enough that you've got your left foot out the window on the freeway, shifting without a clutch (don't worry, I've got plenty of experience).

Should I keep going?
Old 08-11-2008 | 11:45 AM

Mine was 91 in a 65, I was nice, officer was a ****. Did he tell you about how much it would be?
Thats why I dont speed. I ask myself, can I afford giving someone my money over a yellow piece of paper saying I was speeding. My 17 yr old brother in law got pulled over for not having his seatbelt on and it was a $140 dollar ticket.
Its that Texas Click it or ticket law. I told him have fun.
Old 08-11-2008 | 12:00 PM

looks gud man .... i really like the amber corner light. . . ..!
Old 08-11-2008 | 12:07 PM

Well that was pretty stupid of him, there's no reason to not wear a belt.

Honestly I had just gotten the new mags, I had em balanced on a hunter road force machine etc... smooth as silk at highway speeds so I figured I'd see how they felt a bit faster

Guess I deserved the ticket, but seriously there were very few people on the 101... I would have spotted a crown vic from a mile away but this bastard was on a bike parked sideways so you couldn't see his lights...

He actually stalled the bike trying to get out, I should have gunned it
Old 08-11-2008 | 01:48 PM

I wont lie though. I wouldve tested them as you did. Ive had horrible service with balances that have been done to my tires. I finally got a good balance when I bought the ones I have now. And I hate the bike cops, so freakin hard to see. To stay on topic though

Mr****, my son said, " Man, dad you should make your car look like that!"
Old 08-11-2008 | 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mr****s95SE
Thanks!

Thanks dude! i got the PM too.

hahah. i posted in the MOTM. you'll find it there. they're POS wheels anyways lol. they look good for what they are.
lol, best rims on a 4th gen IMO i'll vote for ya
Old 08-12-2008 | 03:08 AM
Offset Is Everything.

LOLs these are GREAT reads. thanks guys.
Old 08-13-2008 | 09:39 PM

wow looking good!
this is something different!