Nitrous Discuss dry, wet, and direct port nitrous setups. How many shots can you handle?

Nitrous setup pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by KRRZ350
AAAAHHHHH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why on earth would you not use a nissan fuel filter???????????? It's only $12, get one tomorrow and put it in asap!!!!

I see a NISSAN fuel filter there, he just teed off it for his fuel solenoid
Old 01-23-2006, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by MAXDADDY98
I just bought a Motor with NOS installed on it but never used. I might need advice when the engine goes inthe car here is a pic of the engine

that motor has direct port, and yet they never used it? thats a lil odd. most people would have used it the first day they got it on the road
Old 01-24-2006, 03:35 AM
Maxima.Org Bishes

The motor came from Custom Maxima (Greg) he had it Shipped to NOS and they did the Nitrous Setup he got the Engine back and decided to part out the Max so I bought the Engine. I just drove 154 miles The motor had 14K so now it got 14,154K
Old 04-08-2006, 09:02 AM

I have a question about bottle heaters. I used to have nitrous on my eclipse, but I could never get the bottle heater to work properly, since my dumb *** was using a 12v source rather than a 13.8. What is a good 13.8V power source for the heater?
Old 04-08-2006, 09:14 AM

i have mine getting power from the battery directly. just make sure you put a relay inline.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

anyone have a stock ECU for sale or trade for a performance tuned ECU?
Old 06-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Maxima.Org Bishes

I have a couple I have a 95 Auto and a 99 5Sp
Old 06-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Maxima.Org Bishes

Dubs on the trade
Old 06-25-2006, 08:50 PM

Is this the correct lineto tap for fuel? the one coming off of the fuel rail? Just want to make sure. I think I have OCD.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:38 PM

How you guys doin? Well, I'm about to compete at HIN and I'm installing NOS. Not me personally but my bro who knows what hes doing. I'm just wondering, for the dry NOS system, you drill a hole before the MAF sensor right? It makes sense to drill it after because the sensor regulates it to perform the best it can. But when you adjust it after the sensor it gets ****ed up after a single use.... Suggestions?
Old 09-04-2006, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Reket
How you guys doin? Well, I'm about to compete at HIN and I'm installing NOS. Not me personally but my bro who knows what hes doing. I'm just wondering, for the dry NOS system, you drill a hole before the O2 sensor right? It makes sense to drill it after because the sensor regulates it to perform the best it can. But when you adjust it after the sensor it gets ****ed up after a single use.... Suggestions?
You should not be putting in anything by the O2 sensor except for a temp sensor. If your brother has this question I would find myself another installer quick!
Old 11-04-2006, 12:07 AM

bump this thread!
Old 11-04-2006, 04:01 PM

bump this thread!
Did you get your kit installed? pics?
Old 11-05-2006, 09:47 AM

How you guys doin? Well, I'm about to compete at HIN and I'm installing NOS. Not me personally but my bro who knows what hes doing. I'm just wondering, for the dry NOS system, you drill a hole before the MAF sensor right? It makes sense to drill it after because the sensor regulates it to perform the best it can. But when you adjust it after the sensor it gets ****ed up after a single use.... Suggestions?

im sure by now you already figured out what is the correct thing to do, but for others, the nitrous feeds into the intake, not the exhaust. needs to be at most 6-12in from throttle body, the closer the better, and after the MAF sensor.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:29 PM

I have a question..... How much would a complete nos kit cost me to do the right way??? Really intrested in spray for a while.. Have the money so want to do it right. If anyone can help pm me please. Oh i have a 2002 nissan maxima 6spd. Soon to have brand new trAnny instALLED with lightened flywheel and 6 puck clutch.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by BUSi87
I have a question..... How much would a complete nos kit cost me to do the right way??? Really intrested in spray for a while.. Have the money so want to do it right. If anyone can help pm me please. Oh i have a 2002 nissan maxima 6spd. Soon to have brand new trAnny instALLED with lightened flywheel and 6 puck clutch.
Shop around and you can get all the goodies for under $1K, installed yourself of course. Double that if you want the computer controllers for a big shot.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:47 PM

any one running a zex kit bigger than a 75 shot ?
if so do you have nozzle part numbers for them ?
Old 01-10-2007, 09:49 PM
BARF

Now have a ZEX kit.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:54 PM
BOOST 4 LIFE!

Originally Posted by Revs2Hard
Am I wrong? But is there no one else who is running the same kit as me, A Nitrous Works Power Wing 80shot wet nitrous kit by Barry Grant? This is another great option for a nitrous kit that I have not seen mentioned.

Here is a link
http://www.barrygrant.com/nitrous/default.aspx?page=99
How do you like it? What times have you run with it?
Old 01-12-2007, 06:45 PM
BARF

Originally Posted by babymac
How do you like it? What times have you run with it?
Sold barry grant kit now have a ZEX wet kit, will post pics soon.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:14 AM
BOOST 4 LIFE!

Here are some pics of my set-up

Old 01-13-2007, 09:15 AM
BOOST 4 LIFE!

And the arming switch
Old 01-13-2007, 09:19 AM
BOOST 4 LIFE!

Just to let you know I have a warpspeed y-pipe, budget 2.5 in b-pipe( stock muffler) and a k&n drop in filter. Planning on going one step colder plugs for my 75 shot and maybe a fuel pump since mine is pretty old.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:14 PM

This is awesome

I would love to give my nissan more kick!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Drug Money

I'm about to buy my friend's 75 shot wet ZEX kit, and I know just about nothing about nitrous.

First of all. (obviously) you guys would have to take out all the interior panels to get the nitrous line all the way to the trunk correct?

Then where do you tap into the fuel on a 3.0L 5th gen?

I pretty much know where it's supposed to go in the engine bay and where it's supposed to jet.

Thanks guys!
Grant (sorry for being a newbie)
Old 04-06-2007, 07:03 AM

Probably not a good idea to run it in cabin. I ran my line underneath the car. Line sprays into the intake. The Fuel pressure line taps into the Fuel Pressure regulator line that goes toward the intake manifold.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:47 AM
BOOST 4 LIFE!

Yes run the line underneath the car NOT inside. And the you tap into the fuel line right after the fuel filter.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:18 PM

you dont really have to run it under the car, but its easier. only problem with that is its exposed to all the road hazards so anything can fly up and chip it or damage the line. I ran mine through the interior and through the firewall for over 4 yrs. No problems with it
Old 04-06-2007, 06:48 PM
BOOST 4 LIFE!

Originally Posted by Nissan Love
you dont really have to run it under the car, but its easier. only problem with that is its exposed to all the road hazards so anything can fly up and chip it or damage the line. I ran mine through the interior and through the firewall for over 4 yrs. No problems with it
Its just for safety reasons not practicality. I ran mine underneath both my cars and actually find it alot easier.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by BUSi87

Im selling my NOS kit. see sig. drop me a PM if interested
Old 04-25-2007, 10:25 AM

Why are you all running the line under the car? What is your reasoning for thinking that running the line through the interior is "unsafe" or "dangerous"? I have mine running from the trunk, along the door sills, through the firewall and into the engine bay. It has been like this on all of my cars. Why do you deem this method unsafe?--Easier maybe, but like it was stated before, the line could be damged by road hazzards. Just a question.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:38 PM
BOOST 4 LIFE!

Originally Posted by GabWood
Why are you all running the line under the car? What is your reasoning for thinking that running the line through the interior is "unsafe" or "dangerous"? I have mine running from the trunk, along the door sills, through the firewall and into the engine bay. It has been like this on all of my cars. Why do you deem this method unsafe?--Easier maybe, but like it was stated before, the line could be damged by road hazzards. Just a question.
Well number one if a line somehow leaks inside the car then you breathe in the vapor's,which can really cause a problem and EVERY install directions tell you to put it on the outside of the car for the reason stated above. Besides there really is NO way it can be damaged underneath the car if it is properly routed and its also easier.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by babymac
Well number one if a line somehow leaks inside the car then you breathe in the vapor's,which can really cause a problem and EVERY install directions tell you to put it on the outside of the car for the reason stated above. Besides there really is NO way it can be damaged underneath the car if it is properly routed and its also easier.
Then may I bring your attention to this install done on a Mazda 6, By NX. I find it nearly impossible for a nitrous line to be damaged when routed inside the cabin, but I'm not trying to start a pissing contest on which way is better. As long as it works, and your car moves fast, who cares! just want everyone to know that there are multiple ways of doing it.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Images...nstall-pg1.htm
Old 05-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If you use any of the pro racers for an example you will see that they all have their lines in the cabin as well as the bottles.

My setup had a 6' main line with the bottle mounted on the floor in front of the passenger seat. You don't even need a bottle opener, just reach over and crank it on.

The safety requirement is to have a blow off line which exits outside the cabin.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:54 PM
BOOST 4 LIFE!

Originally Posted by Jime
If you use any of the pro racers for an example you will see that they all have their lines in the cabin as well as the bottles.

My setup had a 6' main line with the bottle mounted on the floor in front of the passenger seat. You don't even need a bottle opener, just reach over and crank it on.

The safety requirement is to have a blow off line which exits outside the cabin.

When My se-r becomes my drag car thats where mine is going and i love the duffel bag
Old 06-07-2007, 05:38 PM

sweet duffel bag setup
Old 06-12-2007, 03:55 PM

I was considering adding a Dynotune dry 50 shot to my Max but noticed that with a majority of their dry kits you have to mount the nozzle before the MAF. This is what they recommend. All through this thread I've read over and over "Don't spray the MAF", so I'm kind of confused. What gives? To spray the MAF or not spray the MAF, that is the question.....Here's the link to said kit. http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=232
Old 06-14-2007, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Da Tank
I was considering adding a Dynotune dry 50 shot to my Max but noticed that with a majority of their dry kits you have to mount the nozzle before the MAF. This is what they recommend. All through this thread I've read over and over "Don't spray the MAF", so I'm kind of confused. What gives? To spray the MAF or not spray the MAF, that is the question.....Here's the link to said kit. http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=232
Bump.....Anybody?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Da Tank
To start with I am not a dry kit fan. A wet kit injects nitrous and fuel into the intake in the exact amount to maintain a safe air fuel ratio.

Most dry kits inject nitrous into the intake and bump up with fuel pressure by allowing a small amount of nitrous into the vacuum line of the fuel pressure regulator. I dislike this setup because you are taxing the injectors with more pressure than they were designed for.

The setup you are considering sprays the MAF to tell the ECU that there is more air going in the engine than there really is and the ECU injects more fuel to compensate. The problem here is that all MAF's are not the same and not all react the same amount by detecting colder air. Plus MAF's are not the sturdiest component to start with and spraying nitrous on it will not enhance its longevity.

Up to you, but I like to err on the side of caution and I think you are pushing the envelope using this ket.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jime
To start with I am not a dry kit fan. A wet kit injects nitrous and fuel into the intake in the exact amount to maintain a safe air fuel ratio.

Most dry kits inject nitrous into the intake and bump up with fuel pressure by allowing a small amount of nitrous into the vacuum line of the fuel pressure regulator. I dislike this setup because you are taxing the injectors with more pressure than they were designed for.

The setup you are considering sprays the MAF to tell the ECU that there is more air going in the engine than there really is and the ECU injects more fuel to compensate. The problem here is that all MAF's are not the same and not all react the same amount by detecting colder air. Plus MAF's are not the sturdiest component to start with and spraying nitrous on it will not enhance its longevity.

Up to you, but I like to err on the side of caution and I think you are pushing the envelope using this ket.
Thank you. Thats' all I needed to hear. Looks like there'll be a wet kit in my future then!
Once again, thanks....David

Quick Reply: Nitrous setup pictures