Nitrous Discuss dry, wet, and direct port nitrous setups. How many shots can you handle?

Nitrous setup pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 03:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Da Tank
Thank you. Thats' all I needed to hear. Looks like there'll be a wet kit in my future then!
Once again, thanks....David
I am an NX fan, they have treated me very well. They also have a lifetime warranty on the solenoids and will even rebuild them for free every year if you wish. Cost of the kit is in the $400 range, the kit you want is part #20923.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jime
I am an NX fan, they have treated me very well. They also have a lifetime warranty on the solenoids and will even rebuild them for free every year if you wish. Cost of the kit is in the $400 range, the kit you want is part #20923.
Sounds good to me. I've got a few other upgrades to make first (CAI/Y-pipe) and the NX kit you posted WILL be the next step.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

would a 50 dry shot be good for my 03 auto maxima....sorry im a newbie =/
Old 06-26-2007, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jdm_kid619
would a 50 dry shot be good for my 03 auto maxima....sorry im a newbie =/

why would you put nos in a auto anyway what other mods do you have done to your car.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:31 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by STILLENGLE
why would you put nos in a auto anyway what other mods do you have done to your car.
Why not?
. . . . . Also, it's N2O, not NOS. Let's get back on topic.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Why not?

because i think its pointless to modify a automatic car i think its rice. if he was gonna do anything just do exterior modifactions and interior dont do any performance mods. if he did do a performance mod do just a intake. he will run a bigger risk of blowing a automatic transmission then as if it were a manual.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:16 PM

The fastest nitrous Maxima is an automatic. The fastest all motor Maxima is an automatic. They are only fragile in the hands of the unlearned.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:29 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

Originally Posted by STILLENGLE
because i think its pointless to modify a automatic car i think its rice. if he was gonna do anything just do exterior modifactions and interior dont do any performance mods. if he did do a performance mod do just a intake. he will run a bigger risk of blowing a automatic transmission then as if it were a manual.
Oh, my... where have you been ???

Old 06-27-2007, 03:25 PM
BOOST 4 LIFE!

Uninformed young buck. You guys took the words right out of my mouth. The fastest times on the board are mostly auto's.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:36 AM
VQ35 FTW

http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...4&postcount=13

http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...6&postcount=14

theres the links to my dynotune set up. enjoy fellas
Old 11-02-2007, 06:05 PM
NWP Engineering.com

NWP Engineering Project Car Nitrous Pics

Here is my setup:

Basic Dynotune Wet Nitrous Kit
Dynotune Heater with pressure switch before main bottle valve
Dynotune Blanket
Dynotune Blow Down Tube
Dynotune Inline Nitrous Filter
Summit Racing Nitrous Pressure Gauge
Safety Switch Covers
Shortened 4an Nitrous Feedline (16' to 9')
75 shot jets currently installed, but not for long!

Old 02-18-2008, 06:32 PM

Can you guys post pics of the fuel tap?

I have an afpr, so would I tap in BETWEEN the fuel rail and the afpr?
Old 07-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

wow some good info. i was planning to go sc but maybe cost wise n2o might be better. i like the zex kit because of its ease (or look) of the setup. probably go 75 shot wet. working on headers exhaust and all. what do you guys do as far as tuning the car for spray? oh mine is a 95 se 5spd. i have run big block, sbc, v10, turbo and sc cars. maybe time for some spray
Old 07-06-2008, 01:13 PM

Honestly, I think Turbo or S/C is cheaper in the long run. Nitrous gets expensive after you factor in the cost to keep refilling it
Old 08-20-2008, 11:21 AM

pretty clever
Old 11-20-2008, 10:51 AM

Hello all, does anyone have pics of a direct port setup?
Old 11-20-2008, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rolondo
Hello all, does anyone have pics of a direct port setup?
Here's mine from a few years ago... on page 2 of this thread. Shot was more like 100. Not for stock motors. Let me know if you have questions.

Originally Posted by sleepermaxima
I used to have a ZEX dry kit (50 or 55 shot). I pulled it after I installed the SC. Now I have a quazi-custom N.O.S. Pro fogger kit. I estimate that I am getting somewhere around 75 hp from it (running the smallest configuration of jets I can find, .012 fuel/.020 N2O).

Bottle mounted in the same place as last time.

no throttle or window switch this time... button is IN the steering wheel .
Old 11-20-2008, 12:17 PM

you can also search 1MAX2NV he had a sweet DP set up.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by jdmmax
you can also search 1MAX2NV he had a sweet DP set up.
Yup seen it in person and . I always loved his car.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:43 AM
Turbo 3.5

Originally Posted by sleepermaxima
Here's mine from a few years ago... on page 2 of this thread. Shot was more like 100. Not for stock motors. Let me know if you have questions.
how did you get the button in the steering wheel

btw is that a cord I see coming from the back of the button and steering wheel, if so I pretty sure I know how you did it but was hoping you had routed it somhow thur the wheel

I wanted to use my cruise buttom but I am a 5-speed now and use that hand for shifting

Last edited by t6378tp; 11-23-2008 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:45 PM

Old 03-13-2009, 08:46 PM

Old 03-14-2009, 10:03 AM

what do you all think
Old 03-14-2009, 06:17 PM
VQ30 DE T

Very clean
Old 03-15-2009, 11:03 AM

Very Nice Install, I like how you hide the the buttons, Good Luck and run some good times
Old 03-15-2009, 11:09 AM

thanks
Old 03-25-2009, 04:05 PM

I'm seriously debating about putting spray on my 4th gen altima
Old 03-25-2009, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Why not?
Originally Posted by Jime
The fastest nitrous Maxima is an automatic. The fastest all motor Maxima is an automatic. They are only fragile in the hands of the unlearned.
Originally Posted by grey99max
Oh, my... where have you been ???

Originally Posted by babymac
Uninformed young buck. You guys took the words right out of my mouth. The fastest times on the board are mostly auto's.
Man you guys scared the uninformed young buck off.... Dam bullies lol!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:36 PM

Here are a few shots of my motor a while back at the track.. And please forgive the battery corrosion around my tie down, was in def need of a new battery so dont flame me now lol...

Old 03-25-2009, 09:04 PM
VQ30 DE T

Nice
Old 03-26-2009, 07:59 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

Originally Posted by Juiced SE-R
Here are a few shots of my motor a while back at the track.. And please forgive the battery corrosion around my tie down, was in def need of a new battery so dont flame me now lol...
So what do you think of the Kinetix intake manifold? More/less power than you expected??? Did you ever try a SSIM ?

And does what I see bolt onto the stock LIM or are upper and lower manifolds made by Kinetix ???

Yeah , I know, lots of questions, but I'm looking for an intake beyond the SSIM for my new build, and I've been thinking about the Kinetix as maybe possible. Need lots more air flow at those higher RPMS, you know.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:12 PM

So what do you think of the Kinetix intake manifold? More/less power than you expected??? Did you ever try a SSIM ?

And does what I see bolt onto the stock LIM or are upper and lower manifolds made by Kinetix ???

Yeah , I know, lots of questions, but I'm looking for an intake beyond the SSIM for my new build, and I've been thinking about the Kinetix as maybe possible. Need lots more air flow at those higher RPMS, you know.

As we all know there are plenty of mixed feelings about the Kinetix, about how it doesnt compare to the ssim, it doesnt give you good gains all motor and it costs to much and it goes on and on there have been plenty of flames thrown on this thing but people have their own opinion and thats ok. But for ME, I purchased the Kinetix because I knew I was gonna spray nitrous, I didnt get it for an N/A application. I will say it distributes the nitrous VERY well/evenly and I gained more power on the nitrous than I thought I would. With the Kinetix the car picks up over 75hp to the wheels on a 75shot and it picks up over 100hp to the wheels on the 100shot. I will put it this way on motor the car made 225, and on a 100shot the car made 342 so I was VERY pleased with the outcome and the car is an automatic, the car doesnt have headers or cams so that pleases me even more. I'm not even close to some of these other org. members N/A but the nitrous more than makes up for where I lack I thought about giving the SSIM a whirl, I still have my stock manifold laying in my garage so I may hack it up myself and see how it compares to the Kinetix on the nitrous.. Kinetix only makes the UIM, and it is a direct bolt up to your LIM, know the thing you see in the pictures I posted on my car in between those two is a custom cnc'd 1/2" spacer and I also have the NWP Spacers but I dont use the one provided because of the custom one I have. Another thing I like about the Kinetix which is a bonus for those who run nitrous vs. using the stock manifold is that the kinetix is VERY easy to get off, and I have changing my plugs down to an art, if I have my next set of plugs gapped and ready to go in I can have the manifold off plugs changed and manifold back on in 15 mins or so peice of cake.. Now for your build I couldnt tell you how the Kinetix would help you? I really cant pinpoint that, I'm pretty sure with an upped rev-limiter and cams the Kinetix would make power up top but I havent tried it yet so I'm not 100% on it, but it is in my near future plans to test that theory..

Last edited by Juiced SE-R; 03-26-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:20 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

Originally Posted by Juiced SE-R
As we all know there are plenty of mixed feelings about the Kinetix, about how it doesnt compare to the ssim, it doesnt give you good gains all motor and it costs to much and it goes on and on there have been plenty of flames thrown on this thing but people have their own opinion and thats ok. But for ME, I purchased the Kinetix because I knew I was gonna spray nitrous, I didnt get it for an N/A application. I will say it distributes the nitrous VERY well/evenly and I gained more power on the nitrous than I thought I would. With the Kinetix the car picks up over 75hp to the wheels on a 75shot and it picks up over 100hp to the wheels on the 100shot. I will put it this way on motor the car made 225, and on a 100shot the car made 342 so I was VERY pleased with the outcome and the car is an automatic, the car doesnt have headers or cams so that pleases me even more. I'm not even close to some of these other org. members N/A but the nitrous more than makes up for where I lack I thought about giving the SSIM a whirl, I still have my stock manifold laying in my garage so I may hack it up myself and see how it compares to the Kinetix on the nitrous.. Kinetix only makes the UIM, and it is a direct bolt up to your LIM, know the thing you see in the pictures I posted on my car in between those two is a custom cnc'd 1/2" spacer and I also have the NWP Spacers but I dont use the one provided because of the custom one I have. Another thing I like about the Kinetix which is a bonus for those who run nitrous vs. using the stock manifold is that the kinetix is VERY easy to get off, and I have changing my plugs down to an art, if I have my next set of plugs gapped and ready to go in I can have the manifold off plugs changed and manifold back on in 15 mins or so peice of cake.. Now for your build I couldnt tell you how the Kinetix would help you? I really cant pinpoint that, I'm pretty sure with an upped rev-limiter and cams the Kinetix would make power up top but I havent tried it yet so I'm not 100% on it, but it is in my near future plans to test that theory..
Well, at least you're not down on the Kinetix - and since I use nitrous two bottles at a time, I appreciate your comments. I've got a SSIM on at the moment, and I understand the comments about changing plugs - but I did get something similar worked out for my SSIM. Disconnect the hose coupler from the TB, take out the three bolts and two nuts to the LIM, remove the one support bolt in the back of the elbow section, loosen the two throttle cables and lift the whole manifold up and off. Change out the plugs, reverse everything - 15 minutes or less.

My eyeball says that the Kinetix would have great airflow at WOT, and it seems to work well for you. Did you have any special reason to have the CNCed spacer made? Thanks again.

Harold
Old 03-26-2009, 07:41 PM
Turbo 4th Gen

Old 03-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Turbo 4th Gen

Old 03-30-2009, 09:13 AM

Well, at least you're not down on the Kinetix - and since I use nitrous two bottles at a time, I appreciate your comments. I've got a SSIM on at the moment, and I understand the comments about changing plugs - but I did get something similar worked out for my SSIM. Disconnect the hose coupler from the TB, take out the three bolts and two nuts to the LIM, remove the one support bolt in the back of the elbow section, loosen the two throttle cables and lift the whole manifold up and off. Change out the plugs, reverse everything - 15 minutes or less.

My eyeball says that the Kinetix would have great airflow at WOT, and it seems to work well for you. Did you have any special reason to have the CNCed spacer made? Thanks again.

Harold
No problem at all, nope not down on the manifold at all. It has been good to me on the spray so I will continue to use it.. The kinetix flows very well and distributes the nitrous very well across all six cylinders. I had a friend of mine make the spacer for me, he made one for another org. member with a 3L and his tuned midrange hp/tq with the 1/2" spacer vs untuned with no spacer was VERY impressive so thats why I had my friend make me one for my 3.5.. I havent been back to the dyno yet but will be going very soon so I will keep you posted..
Old 10-06-2009, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sly
The MAF sensor on the Maxima uses a heated wire to gauge airflow. Repeatedly spraying a cold gas (much colder than ambient) onto the sensor can cause the hot wire to break due to the extreme change in temperature. At least that's my guess.
That is exactly how the MAF gets blown, but only if it's a hot wire MAF. If it's a cold wire MAF, then it wont.

So do we know for SURE that the 00/01 Maxima's MAFs are hot wire?

All I see is people claiming it will "blow the MAF" if you do it, but with the known issues and number of MAFs that get blown even without nitrous, are we absolutely sure it's the nitrous' fault?

Because it would be SUPER easy to install like a dry 50 shot of nitrous pre MAF.

Last edited by CreativeSkillz; 10-06-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by CreativeSkillz
That is exactly how the MAF gets blown, but only if it's a hot wire MAF. If it's a cold wire MAF, then it wont.

So do we know for SURE that the 00/01 Maxima's MAFs are hot wire?

All I see is people claiming it will "blow the MAF" if you do it, but with the known issues and number of MAFs that get blown even without nitrous, are we absolutely sure it's the nitrous' fault?

Because it would be SUPER easy to install like a dry 50 shot of nitrous pre MAF.

It doesn't matter if its hot, cold or warm, always spray after the MAF and get a WET kit. Dry is asking for trouble, increasing the fuel pressure to high levels is asking for disaster. Sure lots of guys including me have run a dry kit successfully but wet is safer and why would you want to roll the dice when you don't have to?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:52 PM

Saying one is better and/or asking for trouble over the other just shows ignorance.

Properly setup, both can do what you want it to do.
Improperly setup, you're asking for trouble regardless of which setup you have.

With that being said; Are we sure the '00 - '01 Maxima MAFs are hot wire and not cold wire?
Old 10-06-2009, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by CreativeSkillz
Saying one is better and/or asking for trouble over the other just shows ignorance.

Properly setup, both can do what you want it to do.
Improperly setup, you're asking for trouble regardless of which setup you have.

With that being said; Are we sure the '00 - '01 Maxima MAFs are hot wire and not cold wire?
Saying that one is better is done from experience with both and knowledge of how they operate. True they both can operate properly setup but wet is still safer.

Ignorance is asking if the 00 -01 Maxima MAF is hot wire or cold wire when all you have to do is check the FSM which is readily available for all to view.

Quick Reply: Nitrous setup pictures