Nitrous Discuss dry, wet, and direct port nitrous setups. How many shots can you handle?

Questions // NX Nitrous Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 12:49 PM

Questions // NX Nitrous Kit

hello all,

i have a question about the NX Nitrous Kit from Southwest Autoworks. here's the description from the SWA website.

"Sport Compact All EFI "Stage One" Single Nozzle Nitrous System: Utilizing the patented "Shark" nozzle, these systems are fully adjustable, 35,50,75 horsepower for 4 cylinder and V-6 applications, and up to 150h.p. for V-8 and V-12 cars. These systems require no engine modifications, operate on stock fuel pumps, and require no timing retards. The ultimate solution to make your import a "Rocket". Any horsepower settings above the recommended levels require "NX Power Booster" fuel additive to prevent detonation. Kit comes with 10 lb bottle."

is this system a plug & play system? i thought you would need an ecu upgrade to run nitrous, but the description says it requires no engine mods, operates on stock fuel pumps, and requires no timing retards. it sounds plug & play to me, but i'm still a little hesitant. can someone give me the low-down on this system? what else does it require? anything? pros? cons?

thanks in advance.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:38 PM

thanks moderators for moving this to the nitrous forum. sorry, i didn't know there was nitrous forum i guess i'll browse thru the stickies
Old 09-23-2003, 03:50 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

This is the basic kit

Originally Posted by R1 POWR
hello all,

i have a question about the NX Nitrous Kit from Southwest Autoworks. here's the description from the SWA website.

"Sport Compact All EFI "Stage One" Single Nozzle Nitrous System: Utilizing the patented "Shark" nozzle, these systems are fully adjustable, 35,50,75 horsepower for 4 cylinder and V-6 applications, and up to 150h.p. for V-8 and V-12 cars. These systems require no engine modifications, operate on stock fuel pumps, and require no timing retards. The ultimate solution to make your import a "Rocket". Any horsepower settings above the recommended levels require "NX Power Booster" fuel additive to prevent detonation. Kit comes with 10 lb bottle."

is this system a plug & play system? i thought you would need an ecu upgrade to run nitrous, but the description says it requires no engine mods, operates on stock fuel pumps, and requires no timing retards. it sounds plug & play to me, but i'm still a little hesitant. can someone give me the low-down on this system? what else does it require? anything? pros? cons?

thanks in advance.
You will also want/need:

Fuel Pressure Gauge
EGT
2 step colder copper plugs
Misc brass fitings/wiring
Purge valve
Bottle heater etc

Good luck and keep asking questions.

Big Cracker