Nitrous Discuss dry, wet, and direct port nitrous setups. How many shots can you handle?

Emanage Ultimate and timing advance...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Hella internets

Emanage Ultimate and timing advance...

Alright well after doing my research i have come to learn that advance timing is a big no no with any nitrous setup. Im really new to tuning, and pretty much know nothing, i just ordered all my stuff to get my EU working (wideband, harness...etc).

I have a few questions for those spraying and using the EU.

I was planing on advancing the timing to get some gains while not spraying, the VQ seams to get rather good HP gains from just timing advance NA, but i was wondering if there was an easy way to have multiple settings on the EU to i guess "toggle" in between spraying and NA performance.

Is there any easy ways to i guess turn off timing advance and maintain the EU fuel maps without the timing so you can spray "on-the-fly" and return to the other NA settings after you spray?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:37 PM

I thought the timing adv. was only for the base timing, therefore, should not hurt anything on the top end. (i.e. when you spray)
Old 02-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by BLK2BLU
I thought the timing adv. was only for the base timing, therefore, should not hurt anything on the top end. (i.e. when you spray)
No the EU can advance the ignition timing not just the base timing. In the case of FI I believe you usually retard the timing, but I'm not expert on FI so don't take my word for it.

As for the maps, the EU has toggle switches that can allow you to switch through various maps. I don't know the full extent or how many maps you can have stored but I know you can have a few which would allow you to advance the timing in one map and have it stock timing in another map with just adjusted air/fuel ratio.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:52 AM
absoundlab

you should be able to setup dual maps a na map and a n2o map but on a that unit idk how you would switch between the two on my vafc2 I have two maps and I can switch

Old 02-23-2007, 12:06 PM

The are actual switches on the EU that you click on or off to get the active map you want to run.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:22 PM

I thought on the emanage blue there was a wire that would trigger a different map based on a voltage input...not sure about on the ultimate...have to look into that further, but I think there is a way to wire something inline that upon activating the nitrous selenoid, the maps are switched based on a +12v wire...not sure..but otherwise, I guess you would just use the dip switches on the outside to switch maps quickly...
Old 02-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Hella internets

After reading the manual there is a switch you can buy as an accesory for the option port to work as a "program control switch module" im pretty sure this is what its for...cause those lil toggle switches are kind of a pain to be moving around if you wana switch to spray on the road from the previous NA maps/timing etc.

ill do a lil more research but im pretty sure this is an accesory you can buy...anyone have one? chime in please
Old 02-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Maximoneypit

Originally Posted by XeroX
After reading the manual there is a switch you can buy as an accesory for the option port to work as a "program control switch module" im pretty sure this is what its for...cause those lil toggle switches are kind of a pain to be moving around if you wana switch to spray on the road from the previous NA maps/timing etc.

ill do a lil more research but im pretty sure this is an accesory you can buy...anyone have one? chime in please

Bump, id like to know this too!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Maximoneypit

nm, check this out..........

"If your daily driver is a track star on the weekends, you’ll want to take advantage of the secondary fuel and ignition maps that are accessible by a couple of switches. As simple as flicking a toggle switch, the e-Manage can go from a street-tuned, pump-gas workhorse to a race-tuned C16 thoroughbred. This feature will save you a boatload of time and money, since you won’t have to retune your ride each time you go to compete on race gas."
Old 03-01-2007, 06:06 PM

yes...we know of the switch way, but we are wondering if there is a way to have it switched via activation of the nitrous selenoid...ie. via a simple 12v signal or something...I remember reading about something like this on the e-blue back in the day...
Old 03-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Maximoneypit

oh, gotcha, sorry