Nitrous Discuss dry, wet, and direct port nitrous setups. How many shots can you handle?

Progressive conrollers

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Turbo 3.5

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE
Alright. I think I know what controller I'm getting! The Trick Performance Progressive Controller!

This is sold by NX known as the Octane Series and it's also sold by Nitrous Oulet and Dynotune from what the forums at ls1tech.com have told me.

http://www.trickperformanceproducts....0019_00029.htm

I am interested in the P gauge shown here:

Here is what the website says:

I highly suggest you read the manual. It really explains all the features!

http://www.trickperformanceproducts....nual_ver_d.pdf

For $399, I think it's a bargain! The features I'm interested in are Multipoint RPM or Time Progressive, AFR safety cutoff switch, bottle heater control, bottle pressure gauge and you can do it all without a laptop!!

It appears this is a better option for me than to purchase the Time based Controller and AFR Cutoff Switch from Dynotune. That will cost $250 and it won't give me an RPM Progressive like I want. Since I've heard that Dynotune is a Trick Performance Vendor just like NX and Nitrous Outlet, I will call Dynotune first since they have proven to have good customer service.
I'll do some searching and call the local speedshop I deal with to see what the mucsle car guys are using

the only thing I do not like about the controller from reading your post is it can only control 1 stage of nitrous

to get the control you want I think 2 stages will be required, cause if you install a 200shot and for example ramp it at 100shot at 2000rpms to 200 at 5000rpms thats it the ramp setting will not change from gear to gear

but if you install a 2 stages you could spray like this
stage1: 75 in 1st, 2nd and 3rd set to spray from 2000rpms to 6800rpms no pulsing
stage2: use 1st gear lockout to ramp a 125shot starting in 2nd gear, you could start at a 50shot at 3500rpms to the full 125 at 5000rpms with a cutoff set a 6500rpms so the tranny can shift

this way you are always spraying a 75shot in every gear and ramping another 125shot in 2nd and 3rd with cutoff points to save the tranny during shifts

the only way to do this with the controller you are using would be to install a msd window switch on the 1st stage and use the controller for the 2nd stage
Old 12-20-2007, 10:24 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by t6378tp
I'll do some searching and call the local speedshop I deal with to see what the mucsle car guys are using

the only thing I do not like about the controller from reading your post is it can only control 1 stage of nitrous

to get the control you want I think 2 stages will be required, cause if you install a 200shot and for example ramp it at 100shot at 2000rpms to 200 at 5000rpms thats it the ramp setting will not change from gear to gear

but if you install a 2 stages you could spray like this
stage1: 75 in 1st, 2nd and 3rd set to spray from 2000rpms to 6800rpms no pulsing
stage2: use 1st gear lockout to ramp a 125shot starting in 2nd gear, you could start at a 50shot at 3500rpms to the full 125 at 5000rpms with a cutoff set a 6500rpms so the tranny can shift

this way you are always spraying a 75shot in every gear and ramping another 125shot in 2nd and 3rd with cutoff points to save the tranny during shifts

the only way to do this with the controller you are using would be to install a msd window switch on the 1st stage and use the controller for the 2nd stage
This progressive controller can handle unlimited amounts of stages. All you need to do is buy another solenoid driver.

I was hoping that it would be rpm dependant so that it sprays a 200 shot above 5000 rpm, then when it shifts into 3rd gear, the revs will drop to 4500 and the nitrous will ramp again and reach the full 200 shot at 5K rpm.

But I don't want to do a 1st gear lockout. B/c the biggest reason I'm going progressive is so that I can spray more nitrous in 1st gear. So I will be able to lay down the full 150 shot before I shift into 2nd gear. But I will need to launch with a 50 shot for traction purposes. But in the top of 2nd gear, I want to ramp it further, so I will need a 2nd progressive stage to add to the 150 shot. But when I shift into 3rd and the revs drop below 5K, I need to reduce the nitrous and ramp it up again back to the full 200 shot.

I can deal with the same 2nd stage progressive ramp. In 2nd gear, I will ramp up the 2nd stage. Then in 3rd gear, I need to start it over again and ramp it up again. Is there anyway I can do this?

Before I purchase anything, I will make sure what I'm buying won't hold me back with what I'm trying to do.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:42 AM
NWP Engineering.com

I can deal with the same 2nd stage progressive ramp. In 2nd gear, I will ramp up the 2nd stage. Then in 3rd gear, I need to start it over again and ramp it up again. Is there anyway I can do this?
I just read in the manual that there is a Reset/Resume option. So that when you lift off the throttle, you have the option to resume the ramping where you left off or reset the ramp to start over.

I'm sure I can figure out a way to get the same 2nd gear ramp to start back over in 3rd gear.

My only thing is if this device can do two SEPERATE ramps. I need one ramp for 1st gear and a completely different one for 2nd and 3rd gear.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Turbo 3.5

I just read in the manual that there is a Reset/Resume option. So that when you lift off the throttle, you have the option to resume the ramping where you left off or reset the ramp to start over.

I'm sure I can figure out a way to get the same 2nd gear ramp to start back over in 3rd gear.

My only thing is if this device can do two SEPERATE ramps. I need one ramp for 1st gear and a completely different one for 2nd and 3rd gear.
if your able to spray out of the hole just wire up the 1st stage normal and the 2nd stage to the controller and that should solve your problem, as for me this would not work being a 5-speed now and on street tires

I called the speedshop and he could not find anything that he would approve of and said he will do some searching and call back

but this is what I found alittle more expensive but might just work from the ad looks like you can do both a rpm and time base ramp at the sametime and with 4 outputs controll everything in your car, now I do not know anything about this controller or know anyone that has it but the features sound very nice

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...50952_-1_12035

Last edited by t6378tp; 12-20-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Turbo 3.5

this is the features from the ad:

The NOC1 controller is designed to provide all the controls needed to successfully run a Nitrous equipped car with everything being packaged into one box. It operates up to 4 stages of Nitrous Oxide, along with providing outputs to retard the ignition at the same time. It includes a combination multi-speed RPM shift/4 stage timer output to shift the car by RPM or time or to run any other device a racer needs. An output to run the Dedenbear Remote Dial-In Display is also standard.

Features:

Four independent timers to control a nitrous system of up to four stages with adjustments to the thousandth of a second
Four ignition retard outputs
One combination multi-speed RPM shift/four stage timer output
Remote Dial-In Display output
PRO/FULL switch allows two different groups of settings so two different classes or track set-ups can be run with the push of a single button.
Lighted keypad and display for night racing
Easy instant programming, laptop PC not required

Last edited by t6378tp; 12-20-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:46 AM
NWP Engineering.com

if your able to spray out of the hole just wire up the 1st stage normal and the 2nd stage to the controller and that should solve your problem, as for me this would not work being a 5-speed now and on street tires

I called the speedshop and he could not find anything that he would approve of and said he will do some searching and call back

but this is what I found alittle more expensive but might just work from the ad looks like you can do both a rpm and time base ramp at the sametime and with 4 outputs controll everything in your car, now I do not know anything about this controller or know anyone that has it but the features sound very nice

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...50952_-1_12035
That controller doesn't appear to be progressive. From what I understand, it only controls up to 4 stages of nitrous, but doesn't pulse the solenoids.

And what you said about spraying a 50 shot out of the hole, that will work, but I need to ramp it up to 150 shot while still in 1st gear. I don't want to spray a 50 shot and just deal with the same 50 shot all through 1st gear.

I sent an email to Trick Performance and I'm waiting for a reply. I don't know if they support their product or if that's left up to their vendors.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Turbo 3.5

That controller doesn't appear to be progressive. From what I understand, it only controls up to 4 stages of nitrous, but doesn't pulse the solenoids.

And what you said about spraying a 50 shot out of the hole, that will work, but I need to ramp it up to 150 shot while still in 1st gear. I don't want to spray a 50 shot and just deal with the same 50 shot all through 1st gear.

I sent an email to Trick Performance and I'm waiting for a reply. I don't know if they support their product or if that's left up to their vendors.
well it should work for grey if he goes with the 3 stages
Old 12-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Turbo 3.5

here is something that not expensive you can use for the 1st stage and do away with your mirco switch at the sametime. with this you can spray either 50 out of the hole then jump to 100 while still in 1st gear or 75 to 150

or you could the trick controller to ramp from 50-150 in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and wire a 2nd stage 50shot to a rpm switch set at 5000rpms and activate it manually when you hit
2nd gear

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=338&page=1

Last edited by t6378tp; 12-20-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Turbo 3.5

I am just throwing options against the wall and seeing what sticks

here is what the ad said:
Description: It may look like a standard Throttle Position Switch, but looks can be deceiving. The Angle is a TPS Switch (Throttle Position Sensor Switch) along with an integrated Progressive Nitrous Controller. The Angle is perfect for someone who already has a window switch but would like to add on a TPS switch and budget progressive nitrous controller. With it you’ll have a sharper Angle on your competition.

Progressive controller pulses at 50% duty cycle upon activation. Pressing a second button will cancel the pulsing of the solenoids and the system will be at 100% activation. In addition The Angle can be used along with a micro switch in manual transmission equipped cars to only pulse if first gear, or can be used with our Nitrous Delay Timer for time based progression.

The Angle has an easy to set integrated TPS switch (Throttle Position Switch). No set screw to adjust when setting up. Simply turn the car over to accessory and with your foot off the gas pedal press the black push button. The red LED will activate telling you The Angle has measured and logged the voltage of the TPS. Do the same with your foot on the gas pedal, and that’s it, you’re all set.

The Angle can be thought of as a "2-stage" controller with out the extra solenoid(s) or nozzle(s).
Old 12-20-2007, 12:16 PM
NWP Engineering.com

here is something that now expensive to can use for the 1st stage and do away with your mirco switch at the sametime. with this you can spray either 50 out of the hole then jump to 100 while still in 1st gear or 75 to 150

or you could the trick controller to ramp from 50-150 in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and wire a 2nd stage 50shot to a rpm switch set at 5000rpms and activate it manually when you hit
2nd gear

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=338&page=1
I like the ideas you are throwing out. They may or may not be right for me. So far, everything you've mention is something I know very little about.

If the trick controller can do seperate ramps, then it's easily the best solution for me. If it can't do seperate ramps, then I can always get a $149 Dynotune Progressive Controller to handle my 1st gear traction issues, then I can use the Trick to handle my RPM based progressive in 2nd and 3rd gear for a 2nd stage of nitrous. But I REALLY don't want to have to run two devices. It's just more that can go wrong.

And like you mentioned, I can use the Trick controller from 50-150 in 1st gear. Then I can manually activate a 2nd stage 50 shot in 2nd gear set to disengage just before my 2-3 shift, then it will activate again at 5K rpm. A progressive will make for the fastest times, but your 2nd stage idea will work since traction isn't going to be an issue in 2nd gear for me with the 200 shot. I will have much bigger things to worry about, like my engine and tranny.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:03 PM
NWP Engineering.com

I am reading about the NX Maximizer II and it can have ramping profiles set for 8 different gears. So, my 1st gear ramp will be from 50-150 pretty quickly. Then my 2nd gear will be from 150-200 and the same for the 3rd gear profile, maybe a tad less nitrous due to the increased engine load. All with a single stage of nitrous. So the Maximizer II does it all for $655, but you need a laptop. It isn't the biggest deal when you have all these features to worry about.

But right now, the Trick Performance P Gauge (aka NX Octane Series Progressive) seems to be able to do almost as much as the Maximizer. I am waiting for Chris at Nitrous Outlet to respond to my email since I think he sells the Trick Performance P Gauge.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Turbo 3.5

And like you mentioned, I can use the Trick controller from 50-150 in 1st gear. Then I can manually activate a 2nd stage 50 shot in 2nd gear set to disengage just before my 2-3 shift, then it will activate again at 5K rpm. A progressive will make for the fastest times, but your 2nd stage idea will work since traction isn't going to be an issue in 2nd gear for me with the 200 shot. I will have much bigger things to worry about, like my engine and tranny.
so far it looks like the trick controller for 1st gear and a msd window switch for the 2nd stage is your best option, with the window switch you can set start and stop rpm points like you want and since the trick flow is rpm based the size of the shot will go down with the rpms for much easier shifts

Last edited by t6378tp; 12-20-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:17 PM
NWP Engineering.com

so far it looks like the trick controller for 1st gear and a msd window switch for the 2nd stage is your best option, with the window switch you can set start and stop rpm points like you want and since the trick flow is rpm based the size of the shot will go down with the rpms for much easier shifts
I'm not concerned about shifting right now. If it does become a problem with the 150+ shot, then like you said, I will use a window switch or ramp down the shot right before the shift by playing the points on the progressive controller.

But using the method you've described, I will need the Trick Controller and a 2nd stage nitrous setup with an MSD Switch.

$400 for Trick
$200 for 2nd stage of nitrous (solenoids, nozzle, and hoses)
$50? for MSD

With that amount of money, I will go with the Maximizer and use one stage. I am hoping to find something that will do everything without spending the $655 for the Maximizer. But I will if that's my only choice. I will make sure to post an update when I find out more information on the Trick Performance Controller.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Turbo 3.5

question can the dynotune nitrous kit support a 200shot or will you have to go with bigger soleniods

I know the kit for my truck can handle up to a 300shot but my car it's only 150
Old 12-20-2007, 02:02 PM
NWP Engineering.com

question can the dynotune nitrous kit support a 200shot or will you have to go with bigger soleniods

I know the kit for my truck can handle up to a 300shot but my car it's only 150
The solenoids that I currently have are 175hp rated. So, I might upgrade them if I plan to continue beyond a 150 shot single stage progressive. I am going to take it one step at a time and only go 2 stages when I am forced to. I'd like to go direct port, but then, why not just go turbo then? So I'm trying to keep the costs somewhat within reason.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:47 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

well it should work for grey if he goes with the 3 stages
Grey's gonna use his three separate nitrous stages with computer control of when they are fired off (maybe a bad choice of words) and implementing nitrous-cut when my Shift_Fast_3 shifts the tranny and switches the torque converter.

Launch without, spray 50-shot, cut nitrous and engage TC, re-engage 50-shot plus another 50-shot, shift into 2nd and cut all nitrous at the same time, re-engage nitrous stage one and two, go thru 2nd until shift-time, cut all nitrous and shift, re-engage first and 2nd stages until 5000 in third and engage the third 50-shot stage. Hopefully will hit the speed limiter before the traps.

Or something like that. And yes, I can build the controller to do this...

Come on, spring !
Old 12-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Turbo 3.5

Originally Posted by grey99max
Grey's gonna use his three separate nitrous stages with computer control of when they are fired off (maybe a bad choice of words) and implementing nitrous-cut when my Shift_Fast_3 shifts the tranny and switches the torque converter.

Launch without, spray 50-shot, cut nitrous and engage TC, re-engage 50-shot plus another 50-shot, shift into 2nd and cut all nitrous at the same time, re-engage nitrous stage one and two, go thru 2nd until shift-time, cut all nitrous and shift, re-engage first and 2nd stages until 5000 in third and engage the third 50-shot stage. Hopefully will hit the speed limiter before the traps.

Or something like that. And yes, I can build the controller to do this...

Come on, spring !
wow thats alot of wiring, I may buy stock in a copper wire company

question why do you have to cut the nitrous before engaging the TC
Old 12-20-2007, 05:03 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

wow thats alot of wiring, I may buy stock in a copper wire company

question why do you have to cut the nitrous before engaging the TC

Funny --- I found out that that automatic shifts immediately when internal pressure is boosted, if you take the nitrous load off for an instant - same with the TC, plus the TC really shocks the transmission when it's engaged.

Ergo, cut the extra horsepower and shift at the same time, making a much faster shift and helping the transmission live a little longer. Plus it's fun to hear the slicks scream when banging into third gear.

I doubt if any commercial progressive controllers can manage that trick... Now that crazy box that Jime helped modify has some possibilities, but I gotta try things for myself.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Turbo 3.5

Funny --- I found out that that automatic shifts immediately when internal pressure is boosted, if you take the nitrous load off for an instant - same with the TC, plus the TC really shocks the transmission when it's engaged.

Ergo, cut the extra horsepower and shift at the same time, making a much faster shift and helping the transmission live a little longer. Plus it's fun to hear the slicks scream when banging into third gear.

I doubt if any commercial progressive controllers can manage that trick... Now that crazy box that Jime helped modify has some possibilities, but I gotta try things for myself.

that 4 stage controller, couple rolls of wire, some relays and your shift_fast controller it should work but you already have a few msd boxes I'll be waiting to see what happens

hows the 3.5 doing
Old 12-20-2007, 05:37 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

that 4 stage controller, couple rolls of wire, some relays and your shift_fast controller it should work but you already have a few msd boxes I'll be waiting to see what happens

hows the 3.5 doing
The 3.5? We've had ice, rain, ice, snow, ice and 20* temps for what seems like weeks... I took it out yesterday and today and have no traction. I can't leave a stopsign without wildly spinning tires and when I gave it a little gas to speed up in second gear, I hit the rev limiter twice before I got out of it. Just a little throttle and I'm doing 90 MPH on the interstate. If I floor it, I lose it. I just bought another 3.5 intake to gut out for that extra top-end hp, too.

This thing is a bundle of torque - so much stronger than a 3.0.. Racing it will mean relearning how to drive it all over.

It's doing OK.

Last edited by grey99max; 12-20-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:13 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Now that crazy box that Jime helped modify has some possibilities, but I gotta try things for myself.
That's what I have my eye on to control my shift points and TC lockup.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:19 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Well, I heard back from Rick at Trick Performance Products about the P Gauge Progressive Controller.

It does not do multigear ramping like the Maximizer 2. But it does solely look at RPM. So after it has ramped to 100%, once it shifts into 2nd gear and the revs drop, then the solenoids will pulse once again.

So basically, I will go with the absolutely biggest shot that the top of my 1st gear can handle (traction wise). Which might be 150+ shot. If traction becomes a problem with a 200 shot in the top of 1st gear, then I will have to add a 2nd stage or upgrade to the Maximizer 2.

But for now, I am really thinking about getting the P Gauge just b/c it does RPM base control and an AFR cutoff like I want. On top of that, I can use the bottle pressure gauge and bottle heater control. There are many other features I will probably use later on.

But I think a simple time base progressive unit could hold me back from achieving my final goal, 11s.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:22 AM
Turbo 3.5

But I think a simple time base progressive unit could hold me back from achieving my final goal, 11s.
so will the fastest maxima on the org be a auto 3rd gen thats going to be sweet for you and your business

I am currently waiting on my parts to convert my kit, bidding on a vafc2, trying to get the dynotune a/f saftey switch and gauge for xmas and some motor mounts. hopefully I have everything installed by mid jan and can revisit the track or dynoshop

now I just have to hope my 225/60/15 street tires can hang on for the ride
I am planing to run a 75shot next time I hit the track and hoping for a mid to low 13sec pass and will strip the car and up the shot in the spring and try to grab a 12sec pass

I wish everyone goodluck with their setups

Last edited by t6378tp; 12-21-2007 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:36 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

so will the fastest maxima on the org be a auto 3rd gen thats going to be sweet for you and your business

I wish everyone goodluck with their setups

Merry Xmas to all of the brave guys still spraying their cars.....

Let's hope that racing weather comes back quickly for everyone.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:24 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Well, I don't know about the fastest Maxima on the org. But it will definitely be the top 5 fastest. That's my goal at least.

Merry Xmas to all of the brave guys still spraying their cars.....

Let's hope that racing weather comes back quickly for everyone.

I'm not spraying either. I've driven my car once since I hit the track last on Nov 24th. I might refill the nitrous bottle and play around with it during the winter, but it won't be anything higher than a 75 shot with pump gas. My funds are limited since this is the slow season for the business. So I can't buy the progressive controller just yet. I'm spending all this time making new products.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:40 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

I'm not spraying either. I've driven my car once since I hit the track last on Nov 24th.

I'm spending all this time making new products.
Well, I was referring to all the sprayers on the ORG..

How are your end-caps for the 3.5 intake coming along?

I'm going to try doing surgery on my 3.5 intake with a plasma cutter and glass-bead blasting. This should be a much faster way to get a finished product, and I can use the glass-bead blasting to clean up the ports - and the outside as well.

My car is parked again - we have another winter snow/rain/ice storm scheduled for this evening and Saturday - complete with travel warnings.

Ho Ho Ho,,, happy holidays !

Old 12-21-2007, 10:34 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Well, I was referring to all the sprayers on the ORG..

How are your end-caps for the 3.5 intake coming along?

I'm going to try doing surgery on my 3.5 intake with a plasma cutter and glass-bead blasting. This should be a much faster way to get a finished product, and I can use the glass-bead blasting to clean up the ports - and the outside as well.

My car is parked again - we have another winter snow/rain/ice storm scheduled for this evening and Saturday - complete with travel warnings.

Ho Ho Ho,,, happy holidays !

The block plates should be ready for sale in early Jan. Just a couple more weeks left!

Let me know how the plasma cutter works on the aluminum. Plus it's a very tight spot. I'm interested to see if you can get it to work.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:12 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Here's another progressive controller I just stumbled acrossed. It's a Schnitz PNC-3000 Progressive Controller originally made for bikes, but it has been proven to work on a TA. I like the fact that it datalogs AFR and gives you full ability to pulse solenoids individually in case you have lean spikes you need to solve. I don't know if it can also do RPM based progressive control. But it's $600, which doesn't make it worth it for what I'm doing. I just wanted to provide this link just in case someone else may be interested.

http://forums.dragbike.com/forum_pos...?TID=7990&PN=1
Old 12-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Turbo 3.5

here's another controller :

http://dragracingonline.com/technica...10-prog-4.html
Old 01-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Turbo 3.5

well I filled the bottle today and tested out the controller with the new setup and everything works fine. right now I have it set to start at 3500rpms and stop at 6500rpms no pulsing for the dyno but for the street and track I use the 1st gear lockout and only spray in 2nd, 3rd and 4th due to traction problems
Old 01-09-2008, 09:05 PM
NWP Engineering.com

well I filled the bottle today and tested out the controller with the new setup and everything works fine. right now I have it set to start at 3500rpms and stop at 6500rpms no pulsing for the dyno but for the street and track I use the 1st gear lockout and only spray in 2nd, 3rd and 4th due to traction problems
What controller are you talking about?
Old 01-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Turbo 3.5

What controller are you talking about?
I have the NX/fjo mini nitrous controller. I just wanted to make for everything worked correctly before the dyno, since the controller was having problems before with the zex box
Old 01-10-2008, 08:42 AM
NWP Engineering.com

I have the NX/fjo mini nitrous controller. I just wanted to make for everything worked correctly before the dyno, since the controller was having problems before with the zex box
Oh ok. Thought so.

About my progressive ventures, I'm still leaning towards the Trick Performance P Gauge, but it will have to wait a few more months since funds are limited. I won't see 11s before this Spring.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Turbo 3.5

Atleast your in the 12's which is still a very small club, I am still trying to get there
Old 01-10-2008, 11:52 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Atleast your in the 12's which is still a very small club, I am still trying to get there
Yeah. I just don't want to rush into the 150 shot. I think my tranny and engine can handle it. I just gotta be careful with my tune. I don't even want to spray the straight 100 shot with 93 octane on the street even though I know I can get away with it.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Turbo 3.5

Yeah. I just don't want to rush into the 150 shot. I think my tranny and engine can handle it. I just gotta be careful with my tune. I don't even want to spray the straight 100 shot with 93 octane on the street even though I know I can get away with it.
there's is a gas station in the area that has 100 octane gas but if I can not to them I use octance booster figure it's better than nothing

but really the octance booster I used yesterday said it will raises the octane level 1 full point when mixed with 20gallons so I mixed a bottle with 5 gallons with the hopes that it would raise the level 4points
Old 01-10-2008, 03:40 PM
NWP Engineering.com

there's is a gas station in the area that has 100 octane gas but if I can not to them I use octance booster figure it's better than nothing

but really the octance booster I used yesterday said it will raises the octane level 1 full point when mixed with 20gallons so I mixed a bottle with 5 gallons with the hopes that it would raise the level 4points
Why can't you get 100 octane if there's a gas station in your area that has it?

The closest 100 octane in my area is 35 minutes away. I will visit that station and fill up a gas container whenever I'm ready for the track with my 100+ shot.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Turbo 3.5

Why can't you get 100 octane if there's a gas station in your area that has it?

The closest 100 octane in my area is 35 minutes away. I will visit that station and fill up a gas container whenever I'm ready for the track with my 100+ shot.
it's a long story about the gas but the speedshop near my house is trying to get setup for race fuel

I normally go to the track and get gas but they are closed right now
Old 01-11-2008, 08:41 AM
NWP Engineering.com

it's a long story about the gas but the speedshop near my house is trying to get setup for race fuel

I normally go to the track and get gas but they are closed right now
Do they have unleaded 100 octane? Or are you just adding a little bit of leaded instead?
Old 01-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Turbo 3.5

Do they have unleaded 100 octane? Or are you just adding a little bit of leaded instead?
not anymore the gas station only has 110 leaded and I did not want to risk mixing it and messing up my cat and o2's

the track has 103, 104, 108, 110 and 116 but they are closed in certain days and like 45mins away which was not a problem when the track was open cause I would be over there atleast once amonth away

the speedshop is not that far but I guess they need some kind of license or something to sell it

in the future I plan to install a seperate fuel system for the nitrous and just leave 104 in there. I already have a extra fuel pump, lines and afpr so the only thing I will need is a fuel cell

Quick Reply: Progressive conrollers