8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

New Pearl White 2016 Maxima SR

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 08:04 AM

New Pearl White 2016 Maxima SR - STILLEN Equipped!

Traded in my 2012 Max (kept the wheels) and picked up this SAWEET SR. I wasn't even in the market for another Max was considering an SUV but after looking at a Murano for my wife I sat inside one in the showroom and was sold with the interior. Then when I found this SR that had everything I wanted for the right price couldn't say no. Stillen Front Splitter and Rear Diffuser on its way and possibly lower it. Enjoy

Last edited by ABOMBZ; 08-04-2016 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:23 AM

Nice!! Givening the young kid inspiration!!
Old 07-20-2016, 11:09 AM

What a car! I own my 7th- still haven't made the deal on the 8th- Do you miss anything about the 7th over the new one?
Old 07-20-2016, 12:15 PM

Thanks, I honestly don't miss a thing from my 7th gen. The interior "cockpit" feels like my old Corvette Z06 used to feel and even though its not "fast" by any means (coming from supercharged cobras and Z06s etc) the response in the pedal makes it feel super quick at the same time extremely luxurious so I think it's a perfect mix. The body lines are so sharp and it really is a head turner for sure. The Intelligent Cruise Control is the best feature ever! Even stock with no exterior mods it looks great, but can't wait to get the stillen parts in and maybe even find a side skirt to match/lower and see how my 20" InovitSpeedys would look on there with some brand new tires. I have put wheels on every car I've owned, but theres a chance I may be happy with these SR 19s. Got some size and cool style to them.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Congrats on your new Purchase. Glad you decided to go with Stillen products to help accent your beautiful car. Post pic's when the parts are installed.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Team STILLEN
Congrats on your new Purchase. Glad you decided to go with Stillen products to help accent your beautiful car. Post pic's when the parts are installed.
Big Shoutout to JimmyD at Team Stillen great service and hooking it up with the Splitter and Diffuser. Thanks Bud can't wait to get them on the car!!
Old 07-20-2016, 04:24 PM
Former Sponsor

No worries, glad I could help further complete your build~!!
Old 07-22-2016, 05:35 PM

Saw this online. Love how the prototype front end is so aggressive. I wonder if it's possible to use paint or hydropdip to create the same lines without changing the bumper?

Old 07-27-2016, 06:42 AM

Has anyone tried to re create the concept front end yet? I am curious to see how it turned out. My Stillen Splitter and Diffuser should arrive today and hopefully in time to install it. I'll have pics up after. I plan on painting the corners White as well shortly. I swear pictures do not do these cars justice. In person they are so aggressive looking.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by ABOMBZ
Has anyone tried to re create the concept front end yet? I am curious to see how it turned out. My Stillen Splitter and Diffuser should arrive today and hopefully in time to install it. I'll have pics up after. I plan on painting the corners White as well shortly. I swear pictures do not do these cars justice. In person they are so aggressive looking.
You mentioned something that I harped on back in spring of 2015, as the first photos of the 8th gen were reaching the internet. Many folks here on maxima,org did not like what they were seeing in those photos, I reminded them that folks here did not like the first photos of the 7th gen either, but, as they began seeing the 7th gen on the street, most folks here decided they liked it.

I recall the same thing happened when the 6th gen 2004 was first shown on the internet in spring of 2003, and many here were totally turned off. We enjoy looking at early photos of upcoming Maximas, but I feel we should make no solid judgements on appearance until we see these cars IN PERSON. That usually results in a quite different opinion than we get from photos.

That is why I always try to head to the assembly plant in Smyrna shortly before each new generation Maxima is released, in order to get a true image of exactly what the new gen looks like in person.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:18 AM

New Update.. Stillen Splitter (Painted body color corners) and Diffuser added.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:36 PM

New Update.. Stillen Splitter (Painted body color corners) and Diffuser added.

Nice, exactly what I'm looking to do. How well did the body shop do with the color match?
Old 08-04-2016, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by BxBorn65
Nice, exactly what I'm looking to do. How well did the body shop do with the color match?
You really can't tell the difference. You would think with the black and white accents throughout the car that this diffuser and splitter come OEM. I went to 3 different shops and it pays to shop around.

First shop really professional and fancy looking. Printed an invoice with all these supplies and labour hours etc and was going to charge $330.. for 2 pieces totaling the size of a piece of paper?.. No thanks...

Second shop was a lot more friendly and explained why they had to charge me $200 due to the pearl in the paint and 3 different mixes needed and that they didn't have a small canister they could pull from so would waste extra due to the size of the job. Was considering it but still seemed high to me for such a small area..

Last shop I emphasized how small of an area it was and the manager said.. "Ehh, How about $25?" Pfft... DEAL! Was worth waiting a few days for the booth to clear and they took maybe 15 minutes each to install myself and lined up perfectly!

So glad I decided to paint it because I initially put it on with just the screws to see how I liked it in all black and those corners I knew would bother me every time I looked at them as I feel they take away from the front end factory white color depth.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:51 PM

"Ehh, How about $25?" Pfft... DEAL! .
Wow, too bad I'm down in NY because I'd definitely use your guy. Again, very nice. Especially for that price.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by BxBorn65
Wow, too bad I'm down in NY because I'd definitely use your guy. Again, very nice. Especially for that price.
Thanks. Just got the windows tinted and really flows with the "floating roof" now. Next step possibly lowering it and maybe some new wheels. I have 20s but there were on my last car and this bad boy deserves some new shoes! Put my Sr 19s up for sale here.