Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Where can I mount my S-AFC II?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 11:38 PM

Where can I mount my S-AFC II?

For those of you with an s-afc, especially 4th gens, where are you mounting your S-AFC? I was thinking of mounting mine on the center console in the little spot between the shifter trim and the cupholder, facing it upwards. In that place, I'll mount velcro on the back of the s-afc so I can remove it when I decide to leave the car, since I think as of right now, this is the most expensive item in my interior. I was also thinking of putting it facing up in one of my slide-out trays, but I was thinking I might not be able to see the display too good. I'd like to mount it right next to my a-pillar gauge pod, but then I wouldn't know how to remove it easily. Anyway, if you guys have pics of your installs, please help me plan my install. I want it to be very visible when driving, but capable of removing and hiding somewhere when I leave the car. I don't want it exposed when not in usde. I should be starting the install tomorrow night.

-Ben
Old 03-06-2003, 04:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Where can I mount my S-AFC II?

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
For those of you with an s-afc, especially 4th gens, where are you mounting your S-AFC? I was thinking of mounting mine on the center console in the little spot between the shifter trim and the cupholder, facing it upwards. In that place, I'll mount velcro on the back of the s-afc so I can remove it when I decide to leave the car, since I think as of right now, this is the most expensive item in my interior. I was also thinking of putting it facing up in one of my slide-out trays, but I was thinking I might not be able to see the display too good. I'd like to mount it right next to my a-pillar gauge pod, but then I wouldn't know how to remove it easily. Anyway, if you guys have pics of your installs, please help me plan my install. I want it to be very visible when driving, but capable of removing and hiding somewhere when I leave the car. I don't want it exposed when not in usde. I should be starting the install tomorrow night.

-Ben
I have mines sitting in the glove compartment mounted on the stand. so it flips up and down/
Old 03-06-2003, 08:03 AM

Re: Re: Where can I mount my S-AFC II?

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

I have mines sitting in the glove compartment mounted on the stand. so it flips up and down/
got pics?
Old 03-06-2003, 12:00 PM

Re: Re: Where can I mount my S-AFC II?

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

Hmm, I didn't think of that, but wouldn't I need to see the s-afc while driving? I always have my girl in the car and I don't want to have to have the glove compartment open on her legs.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm really digging where I put mine - and it's hard to steal because it's encased in plastic.

You could do it like this (see pic) and have a plastic cover to put over w/velcro it when not in use.

I just bought a generic pocket from a local stereo shop and cut it.

I ended up not using the plastic frame front in the bottom pic.