Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Finally got my new toy!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 03:57 PM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Finally got my new toy!

http://www.ericj.org/maxima/img/sc/sc.jpg

After two weeks of waiting or so, I saw the FedEx guy pulling away as I pulled into the driveway. Open my mudroom door and voila, two big boxes with 'Stillen' plastered all over them.

Haven't done an inventory yet (that's tonights job), but it appears to be all there.

Pics are at: http://www.ericj.org/maxima/img/sc

I'm inserested if anyone can spot the difference between a 95-98 mounting plate, and my 99 plate. I don't think we've narrowed it down just yet: http://www.ericj.org/maxima/img/sc/sc_plate_side.jpg

I was amazed at how heavy the SC was. Never having even see one in person, I thought it would have weighed less.

Install won't happen for a few weeks, as there are a few other things I have to take care of first (stock crank pully, clutch, etc).
Old 03-06-2003, 04:04 PM
GoldenGlory

Re: Finally got my new toy!

Originally posted by ejj
http://www.ericj.org/maxima/img/sc/sc.jpg

After two weeks of waiting or so, I saw the FedEx guy pulling away as I pulled into the driveway. Open my mudroom door and voila, two big boxes with 'Stillen' plastered all over them.

Haven't done an inventory yet (that's tonights job), but it appears to be all there.

Pics are at: http://www.ericj.org/maxima/img/sc

I'm inserested if anyone can spot the difference between a 95-98 mounting plate, and my 99 plate. I don't think we've narrowed it down just yet: http://www.ericj.org/maxima/img/sc/sc_plate_side.jpg

I was amazed at how heavy the SC was. Never having even see one in person, I thought it would have weighed less.

Install won't happen for a few weeks, as there are a few other things I have to take care of first (stock crank pully, clutch, etc).
welcome

and kick a$s

Old 03-06-2003, 04:11 PM

Congrats!!!! and good luck with the install. You're going to love it.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

congrats! DIY install??

you going to keep that 3.60 in there??? this will be a good time to do a pulley swap!

had a chance to check everything to make sure they did not forget something?
Old 03-06-2003, 05:17 PM
ejj

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]
congrats! DIY install??

you going to keep that 3.60 in there??? this will be a good time to do a pulley swap!

Of course DIY. Is there any other way? Stock pully for a while, I want to "baseline" everything before I move on.

had a chance to check everything to make sure they did not forget something?
Doing that tonight.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:28 PM

Originally posted by ejj

Of course DIY. Is there any other way? Stock pully for a while, I want to "baseline" everything before I move on.

Doing that tonight.
you should at least goto 3.33" that's a pretty safe pulley.. You'll have it when you have to unmount your blower just to change your pulley... The feel for more boost will start coming as soon as you start boosting
Old 03-06-2003, 06:00 PM
ejj

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

you should at least goto 3.33" that's a pretty safe pulley.. You'll have it when you have to unmount your blower just to change your pulley... The feel for more boost will start coming as soon as you start boosting
"Safe" isn't the issue. I just want to see the progression in track times as I go down pully sizes.

Besides, I like working on the car!
Old 03-06-2003, 06:07 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Happy for you Eric.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Old 03-06-2003, 09:54 PM

Thats cool, brings back memories, and that wasn't too long ago so I remember everything. Anyway, I also recommend going to the 3.33", that's what I did, but I totally understand about the progression in track times or dynos. Good luck with the install.

-Ben
Old 03-07-2003, 05:27 AM
ejj

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
Good luck with the install.
Thanks. I did my inventory last night and everything was there (well, I didn't check the electrical stuff, 'cause I'm not going to use it), except the C.A.R.B. sticker. Oh well.
Old 03-07-2003, 05:37 AM

Originally posted by ejj

Thanks. I did my inventory last night and everything was there (well, I didn't check the electrical stuff, 'cause I'm not going to use it), except the C.A.R.B. sticker. Oh well.
Since when do you need a carb sticker?

Old 03-07-2003, 06:20 AM

I remember having problems with the brass stand-off bolts Stillen sent me, another guy had the same problem. I guess you can check right now to see if they're the right ones by trying to screw one into the head of the other. Mine for some reason wouldn't screw in the other, and that meant it was too big for the holes they're suppose to go in.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:00 AM
ejj

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
I remember having problems with the brass stand-off bolts Stillen sent me, another guy had the same problem. I guess you can check right now to see if they're the right ones by trying to screw one into the head of the other. Mine for some reason wouldn't screw in the other, and that meant it was too big for the holes they're suppose to go in.
Yeah, I remember reading that. I was going to play with it more tonight and make sure!

Thanks.