Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

My Turbo problems, defintely a fuel delivery issue.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 06:22 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

It's hooked up right.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sons of Bit@#$. Now I got to get ANOTHER FMU just to test this theory. This is BS. Sorry for my ranting.

Maybe when I move to ATL I can swap it out with Kirk's and see how it runs and then give it back to him.

Dixit
Old 04-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Got Bent?

Does it matter that the FMU is tapped after the fuel damper? Maybe you can try to tap it before the fuel damper... probably doesn't matter, but it may be worth a try before swapping FMUs or pulling the pump.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:19 PM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
Does it matter that the FMU is tapped after the fuel damper? Maybe you can try to tap it before the fuel damper... probably doesn't matter, but it may be worth a try before swapping FMUs or pulling the pump.
Man at this point I got no clue, I know a few people have seen the way Ive hookedup the lines and they all agreed the lines are hookedup correctly.

I dont know if the FMU is bad until I obviously get another one and test it. But when I opened it the little button in the center that needs to move up and down didnt seem to want to go down at all. I thought I remember when I had the S/C and opened the FMU on that, I swear that thing moved up and down when I pressed on it.

Dixit
Old 04-13-2003, 01:22 PM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Man at this point I got no clue, I know a few people have seen the way Ive hookedup the lines and they all agreed the lines are hookedup correctly.

I dont know if the FMU is bad until I obviously get another one and test it. But when I opened it the little button in the center that needs to move up and down didnt seem to want to go down at all. I thought I remember when I had the S/C and opened the FMU on that, I swear that thing moved up and down when I pressed on it.

Dixit
sell your Vortech FMU and get a Cartech FMU... that way you get an adjustable FMU and will be able to determine if that was the problem...
Old 04-13-2003, 01:26 PM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE

sell your Vortech FMU and get a Cartech FMU... that way you get an adjustable FMU and will be able to determine if that was the problem...
Then I have to go back and dyno tune again just because of the Cartech FMU.

And I still aint got the answer about if you can remove the OEM FMU or not, someone said the cartech is an inline deal, not like the S-FMU by Vortech where you can remove the OEM FMU.

Also does the Cartech have points on the screw? or do I have to just blindside the measurement?

Dixit
Old 04-13-2003, 01:35 PM
Got Bent?

I believe that the Cartech will still require the OEM FPR. It is still a boost referenced FMU like the Vortech... only difference begin that it is adjustable. I'm not sure, but I think the Vortech S-FMU allows you to adjust baseline fuel pressure as well...
Old 04-13-2003, 08:35 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
I thought I remember when I had the S/C and opened the FMU on that, I swear that thing moved up and down when I pressed on it.
i'll check mine tonight, i'll get you on aol when i get home to discuss it further, if it is fmu i'll have another to swap it with from vortech.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:21 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Dixit's fuel setup is correct...

- fuel from tank to fuel rail (fuel dampener)
- return line from fuel rail to FMU (through stock FPR)
- FMU return line to fuel tank

You cannot remove the stock FPR with just the Vortech FMU.

With Cartech you will reuse the stock fuel pressure regulator... but you can use it without the stock FPR.

With Vortech S-FMU, you will need to take out the stock FPR before being able to adjust base fuel pressure.