Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

I saw Hal's kit in action today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 01:18 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax

You need to have that G-Tech thats up you but recalibrated!

Who's willing to bet that Mardi's Max vs. Nigels Car running the same amount of HP (not psi) will feel faster? Who's willing to bet that Mardi's Max vs. Harolds Turbo Max with the same amount of HP (not psi) will feel just as fast?

I know Centrifugel blowers dont boost fully till redline, but i'm willing to bet that with 14psi it will actually feel as fast as it is!

Old 05-03-2003, 04:29 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by Craig Mack

Who's willing to bet that Mardi's Max vs. Nigels Car running the same amount of HP (not psi) will feel faster? Who's willing to bet that Mardi's Max vs. Harolds Turbo Max with the same amount of HP (not psi) will feel just as fast?

I know Centrifugel blowers dont boost fully till redline, but i'm willing to bet that with 14psi it will actually feel as fast as it is!

your correct. He IMHO has the FASTEST/MOST HP maxima.

Now, like mardi said apples to apples, very few people (IF ANY ) have gone down the road mardi has. And I hope one day to have better HP & 1/4 times.. but you gotta have something to shoot for, right.

His car is one of a kind. And there is no turbo , as of today, that I know of that has the same mods as he.

BUT at the same time there is no SC with an IC that has run a Turbo with the FMIC.

So until we get cars with similar mods, there is a fudge factor.

I hope matt or jay25 or anybody with Nitrous/SC/Turbo puts out 400 HP and runs 11's.

My car is limping, BUT I'll put it agaist your car. I am making 3-4 PSI and FMIC and I have an exhaust leak and I am an auto.

So if I win/lose what does that even say/prove???? NOTHING

It appears to me your trying to turn this thread into a flame war. It could easily be done, but why?

My first question to you, what can YOU run?

I can't run DIDDLY. My car is AFU IMO.

Enough of my rant .. and NO I am not on the bash craig mack bandwagon.. I am on the bash anyone I want bandwagon
Old 05-03-2003, 08:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by bags533

I hope matt or jay25 or anybody with Nitrous/SC/Turbo puts out 400 HP and runs 11's.
Matt DOES run 11's!

Old 05-04-2003, 05:13 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by iansw

Matt DOES run 11's!

Your right, what I meant to say was I am HAPPY when anyone runs 11's

and yeah I need to go the coyote route.. and shove an ACME rocket up my a** to get 11's
Old 05-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax

You need to have that G-Tech thats up you but recalibrated!

hahahaha weeeellllll come out here and recalibrate it for me

but seriously no SC out here kicks like Hal or Matthels turbo... anyways I'm a turbo guy anyways... linear boost is cool haha but I always have loved the kick of a turbo
Old 05-04-2003, 03:35 PM

I have to agree with this. I have ridden in Matthel's car with the old turbo T3/T4 and it feels fast ... very quick acceleration, where mine has lag unless you drop the clutch at 3500rpm. Still when mine gets on the boost it is very quick but yeah you don't feel it cos you're already moving pretty quick. I am hoping my new GT turbo will fix that with faster spool and flow more for more HP at the top end ... soon! The shop is almost done with moving!

As for Matt's (Mardi's) vs mine. If we both ran the same actual peak HORSEPOWER (non-corrected to the wheels) I would have to disagree since a turbo peak power comes on before a centrifugal and produces more area under the curve.

I am not saying that my car is faster than Matt's at all in its current form, I am just saying given these conditions, I think that this would happen. Matt ownz us all with his 11 run. By the way, don't you need a roll cage below 12? Dunno, I am not sure of all the NHRA rules. So when are we gonna see 10s Matt? hehe!

Originally posted by Craig Mack

Old 05-04-2003, 08:28 PM

11.499 and under at Maryland International Raceway for a cage, a goal indeed!

I'll say it again just like this, Their aint that much difference between turbo and SC, mostly hype. However, if I was just starting my project and had the money to spend I would go turbo, prolly PFI. The low end tq and the abality to use a boost controller are BIG advantages over a SC. But for now what I have works well for me, so "It is, what it is!"
Old 05-05-2003, 07:33 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Old 05-05-2003, 07:38 AM

bagy, check your PM