Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

My car just shuts off......

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 09:44 PM

My car just shuts off......

I have remote starter on my car so I started my car with remote engine start and it stays on for about 10min. by time when I went out to my car it took me more than 10min so the car's engine cuts off automatically, so I put my key and turn the ignition and car started and all of sudden it shuts off......and I did it again there was no problem so I didn't really care......But today when I was driving around my neighbor and I was making a turn going really slow and my engine got shut off....while I was turning my steering wheel got locked and all the warning light came on at my dash, I turned it right back and it came on no problem and I was driving without any problem. Does anyone else had this problem?? I'm scare to drive my car......I drive 2000 GLE(automatic) with V2 Super Charger.....
Old 04-25-2003, 05:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: My car just shuts off......

Originally posted by Woo Cho
I have remote starter on my car so I started my car with remote engine start and it stays on for about 10min. by time when I went out to my car it took me more than 10min so the car's engine cuts off automatically, so I put my key and turn the ignition and car started and all of sudden it shuts off......and I did it again there was no problem so I didn't really care......But today when I was driving around my neighbor and I was making a turn going really slow and my engine got shut off....while I was turning my steering wheel got locked and all the warning light came on at my dash, I turned it right back and it came on no problem and I was driving without any problem. Does anyone else had this problem?? I'm scare to drive my car......I drive 2000 GLE(automatic) with V2 Super Charger.....
Do you notice the rev's just drop and then the car stalls out?

I have that problem on my car too.. v2 as well. But stick. The solution for me was cleaning out the tb, and adjusting the bov a lil.

Have you tried any of that?
Old 04-25-2003, 03:15 PM

If it's not the blow off valve then it sounds like a problem with the wiring of the remote start. Or it could be that your plugs are fowled.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:37 PM

What kind of the AUtostart are you using ? I used to have that problem with DEI autostart(Clifford RS3). But this problem can be solve by using BITWRITTER (an electronic tool uses for setting the program for AUtostart). I have to see my manual and will let you know which program that you need to reset and reprogram.