Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

(Kevin's) SS Line Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003 | 07:50 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

(Kevin's) SS Line Instructions

I've seen it mentioned several times, and Kevin's been refering people to me because he explained this all in a PM to myself. I lost them, but got them back...so I figured I'd post them. I haven't done this quite yet.

What I did was buy 10 feet of -8AN SS braided line and cut them to length. Here's what I did:
  • measure the correct length and tape (electrical works) the section of the hose where you want to cut. Taping the sections serves two purposes: 1) mark where you need to cut, and 2) keeps the frizzy ends in check with you cut it.
  • use a Dremel (or other rotary cutting tool) and cut the taped section. Just chop at the midpoint.
  • You may need to take off the old tape and re-tape the end if it became frizzy. BE CAREFUL WHEN HANDLE THE END..... I got pricked many times.
  • Shove the tapped side of the SS line through the small end of the red sleeve. The tape holds the frizzy stuff in check or you would never get it through nicely. Keep going until you see the end touching the thread.
  • Next, put the blue end of the Earl fitting in the the threaded side of the red sleeve. The blue end has a nipple which has to go up and into the SS line. It's VERY CRAMPED so you have to use a lot of strength. You need to make sure the nipple doesn't push the hose back out at the same time.
  • Tighten until the blue end's edge reaches the red sleeve.
  • Look at your hands and feel the pain, cuts, ******, soreness after a job well done.
Old 04-28-2003 | 09:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

thank you