Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

questions, and more questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

questions, and more questions.

Hi I was thinking about doing a custom turbo setup for max but if I do it will not be soon but I have some questions for I can draw up some plans. I have been looking at pictures of everybody's kits but I have not seen what I have been looking for.

First Question

I was looking at the exhaust part of the turbo. The air comes in the intake part from an air filter then goes into the intercoolher piping comes around into the throttle body from there. Then out the headers and abck into the exhaust part of the turbo out then into the exhaust. This is where I am confused. Have you'll developed custom headers to go into the exhaust part of the turbo. And that is just the first part of the headers what about the back part do they meet at a sort fo y-pipe. Or did you just keep the regular headers and let it go out into the exahaust? If so, what do you do about the exhaust part of the turbo?

Well once you answer this I have more.

Old 05-05-2003, 08:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Anyone?
Old 05-10-2003, 06:19 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

Re: questions, and more questions.

Originally posted by spanishrice
Well once you answer this I have more.
I think that's what they are affraid of

The turbo kits you've seen on this board for the Max is all "custom" made. You can't walk into your local tuner shop and ask for the turbo kit for a Max, as I'm sure you're aware of. Your question a little confusing, but I think you're getting lost since we're dealing with a V6 motor instead of a straight 4cyl. You should see some of these custom Mustang turbo jod, where they take the right OEM exhaust manifold and put it on the left bank and visa versa. "It's elementary my dear Watson"