Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Supercharged Guys: People say i'm fast, but is what i'm doing cheating?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 04:47 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Supercharged Guys: People say i'm fast, but is what i'm doing cheating?

Well, I have made two new believers at my school that my car is the fastest at the school. Along with a guy who owns a Supercharged R/T Dakota, they were both to me. Here is what I will usually do when I take people on rides, or just want that extra "kick".

In the case of these people, I would start out in first from a roll and gun it. Towards the top of second, around 4800rpm, I would quickly let off the gas and jab it again real quick to further the sensation of the acceleration. The linear curve of the S/C makes it so you don't feel "thrown around" until the top of each gear, so I do this to give an extra sensation.

Does anyone else here do this? Sometimes if I dont, the acceleration gets boring. Blipping the throttle throws me back in my seat and reassures me that the HP is there.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:47 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Keep it mashed to the floor.... lift only to shift and toast the tires.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chunger
Keep it mashed to the floor.... lift only to shift and toast the tires.

Old 10-06-2003, 06:06 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by Craig Mack
Well, I have made two new believers at my school that my car is the fastest at the school. Along with a guy who owns a Supercharged R/T Dakota, they were both to me. Here is what I will usually do when I take people on rides, or just want that extra "kick".

In the case of these people, I would start out in first from a roll and gun it. Towards the top of second, around 4800rpm, I would quickly let off the gas and jab it again real quick to further the sensation of the acceleration. The linear curve of the S/C makes it so you don't feel "thrown around" until the top of each gear, so I do this to give an extra sensation.

Does anyone else here do this? Sometimes if I dont, the acceleration gets boring. Blipping the throttle throws me back in my seat and reassures me that the HP is there.

Nope, I don't have that problem.. floor it in any gear and get pushed back into the seat
Old 10-06-2003, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by bags533
Nope, I don't have that problem.. floor it in any gear and get pushed back into the seat

no one asked you, turbo boy
Old 10-06-2003, 06:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yeah you are cheating alot, thats why I got rid of my supercharger and moving on to other good things , even you will move on youll see
Old 10-07-2003, 02:21 AM

I betcha I could make that dakota faster than your car
Old 10-07-2003, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by MrGone
I betcha I could make that dakota faster than your car
Well according to him, I would own him hands down, easily. So I am happy.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:45 AM

Ouch! Maybe it's because I'm older and have broken more stuff, but that makes me cringe just thinking of your poor beast of burden being whipped like that. Don't be surprised if you end up with drivetrain problems, Craig. And if you do, we don't want hear how Nissan trannys suck.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:11 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
Ouch! Maybe it's because I'm older and have broken more stuff, but that makes me cringe just thinking of your poor beast of burden being whipped like that. Don't be surprised if you end up with drivetrain problems, Craig. And if you do, we don't want hear how Nissan trannys suck.

Its a small price to pay to be the "fastest at the school", right Craigy?

Why don't you just race 'em?
Old 10-07-2003, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by ejj

Its a small price to pay to be the "fastest at the school", right Craigy?

Why don't you just race 'em?
Race him Craig and stop being a Fairy....
Old 10-07-2003, 02:19 PM

b/c he doesn't want to race me. And nissan trannies suck!
Old 10-07-2003, 02:54 PM

no, nissan trannies don't suck. borg warner trannies suck! i ****ing hate borg warner for their ****ty quality trannies that they make. my input shaft bearing is gone again and i haven't even driving the thing in 7 months!!!
Old 10-07-2003, 07:04 PM

I don't know about the blipping of the throttle, but I want your S/C pic on the sig!!!!!
Old 10-07-2003, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by JAIMECBR900
I don't know about the blipping of the throttle, but I want your S/C pic on the sig!!!!!
Old 10-07-2003, 07:12 PM

Don't be confused, it's a cool pic. I like it.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by JAIMECBR900
Don't be confused, it's a cool pic. I like it.

Oh, that. Ya. Courtesy of Jesus w/the E55 over at fuelslut.com
Old 10-07-2003, 08:37 PM

super charged maxima's that think they are fast are

when you can beat E46 M3's and walk Z06's come talk to me..
Old 10-08-2003, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by thebigsadler
super charged maxima's that think they are fast are

when you can beat E46 M3's and walk Z06's come talk to me..
you are the lord
Old 10-08-2003, 08:07 AM

I doubt he was talking about himself...
Old 10-08-2003, 08:10 AM

Chrome under the hood is
Old 10-08-2003, 11:06 AM
Redlinemax Owner

he was talking about himself
Old 10-08-2003, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
Chrome under the hood is
Hey now.. we can't all rock the dirty look, some of us strive to be different

Originally Posted by Redmax
that would be me
Old 10-08-2003, 01:51 PM

Jase, if your ego was MPG's, I could travel to china and back 5 times on one tank.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:09 PM

Jase, if your ego was MPG's, I could travel to china and back 5 times on one tank.

but when I was supercharged I know I was fast 13.6 @ 106.89 almost trapping 107 oooh yeah I was fast!

and I cant wait to see you put on that eatons blower in under that hood
Old 10-08-2003, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by JAY25

but when I was supercharged I know I was fast 13.6 @ 106.89 almost trapping 107 oooh yeah I was fast!

and I cant wait to see you put on that eatons blower in under that hood
You could race jason with your Max, and beat him easily. He could even run 12psi and you would still beat him. His head would eventually get too big, pop, and the hot air discharged from it would blow up the car, and he would lose.

I'm hoping the eaton idea will go to the next level....
Old 10-08-2003, 02:25 PM

You could race jason with your Max, and beat him easily. He could even run 12psi and you would still beat him. His head would eventually get too big, pop, and the hot air discharged from it would blow up the car, and he would lose.

I'm hoping the eaton idea will go to the next level....

I cant run him since I dont have a blower how ever I do have a Nitrous kit with full bottle in my garage
Old 10-08-2003, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Redmax
Beating Z06's????... With less than 300WHP?? Any more??? I liked that one...
Old 10-08-2003, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by IwANnAMaX96

Maybe he upped the boost...but I still don't see it happening...Z06's do 0-60 in what, 4.2 seconds, and cover the 1/4th in mid 12's? Jason only walks Z06's in Jasonland, aka the best place ever, aka his head.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:54 PM

at 6.5 psi and 3" exhaust i am well over 300whp..

Maybe he upped the boost...but I still don't see it happening...Z06's do 0-60 in what, 4.2 seconds, and cover the 1/4th in mid 12's? Jason only walks Z06's in Jasonland, aka the best place ever, aka his head.
i didn't race him from a stop, but i did however pull 2-3 cars from a 50mph roll to about 120..

you don't understand powerband do you? i guess with a linear supercharger it wouldn't make sense to you..
Old 10-08-2003, 04:58 PM

i didn't race him from a stop, but i did however pull 2-3 cars from a 50mph roll to about 120..

Powerband shmowerband....the Z06 has 405hp with 6 gears to choose from....i'm sure he has a good selection to choose from from 50mph. They put down what, 350+whp? And they weigh about the same as a 4th gen Maxima....Anyways, if you took him by 2-3 cars then he either missed a gear, shifted into the wrong gear, started late, or maybe wasn't even racing you. Anyways, i'm gonna call for now.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:23 PM

Powerband shmowerband....the Z06 has 405hp with 6 gears to choose from....i'm sure he has a good selection to choose from from 50mph. They put down what, 350+whp? And they weigh about the same as a 4th gen Maxima....Anyways, if you took him by 2-3 cars then he either missed a gear, shifted into the wrong gear, started late, or maybe wasn't even racing you. Anyways, i'm gonna call for now.
where does he have 350whp.. at what 7000 rpm? because i have near that at just a shade under that at 3000-4000 rpm.

and it's easy for me to know what gear he shifted to and if he is a decent driver because he told me when we stopped 5 minutes down the road... apparently he had heard of a "turbo maxima" killing people around here (i barely race anyone so i dont know how i got that rep).

throw your BS flag up though, it's not like i lose sleep at night knowing i didn't impress you. i'll leave that to the people that matter that have turbo's and know what the difference is in "shmowerband."
Old 10-08-2003, 06:26 PM

throw your BS flag up though, it's not like i lose sleep at night knowing i didn't impress you. i'll leave that to the people that matter that have turbo's and know what the difference is in "shmowerband."

Your 3.0L Family sedan shall NEVER beat a $50,000 sports car!
Old 10-08-2003, 06:31 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I agree....hanging with a Z06 maybe(not even that really)...but straight walking one, dunno about that.

@ Powerband shmowerband
Old 10-08-2003, 06:52 PM

Your 3.0L Family sedan shall NEVER beat a $50,000 sports car!
gotta love the supercharger owner's outlook, don't worry you are deprived child, i forgive you..

da-max do you even own a boosted car?
Old 10-08-2003, 07:02 PM

you don't understand powerband do you? i guess with a linear supercharger it wouldn't make sense to you..

turbo 6.5 PSI your over 300whp ,

your the show guy? stick to just show and keep the ride very shiney and clean, you have all that **** in your car that weighs it down, you have a T3 turbine and no MEVI and you what? walked a Z06 and a M3 , you have Nitrous Express solenoids have they ever been broken into or they are just there for show? like a golden necklace or medallion around my neck, I got NAWZ I walk Z06's what a ricer

someone lock this thread down we have the biggest Bullsh1tters I have evern seen on this earth. I thought civics young kids were full of it, but this ricer because this is what he is just takes the cake.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:07 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

da-max do you even own a boosted car?
why is that important??

but if you must know...I do not own one but I've helped build one...look up "turbo 3rd gen" or many of the threads in this SC/turbo forum, in the search, my name might pop up a few times you might learn a few things....I've also helped put together 2 junkyard turbo setups on a B16 and ZC DOHC CRX, and I'm currently putting something together for my Integra...but thats Honda stuff, we don't need to get into that. any more ?s
Old 10-08-2003, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by autozonemaxima
turbo 6.5 PSI your over 300whp ,
your the show guy? stick to just show and keep the ride very shiney and clean, you have all that **** in your car that weighs it down, you have a T3 turbine and no MEVI and you what? walked a Z06 and a M3 , you have Nitrous Express solenoids have they ever been broken into or they are just there for show? like a golden necklace or medallion around my neck, I got NAWZ I walk Z06's what a ricer
someone lock this thread down we have the biggest Bullsh1tters I have evern seen on this earth. I thought civics young kids were full of it, but this ricer because this is what he is just takes the cake.
do you have a turbo on your maxima? do you know what numbers I put down at what psi and what size exhaust? do you know what a 3" exhaust and each psi corresponding will add HP wise?

no the nitrous isn't hooked up, i think it's way too harsh on an engine, especially one that isn't built up for it. show or no show, how am i a ricer again?

and lastly, do you have a turbo on your maxima?
Old 10-08-2003, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
why is that important??

but if you must know...I do not own one but I've helped build one...look up "turbo 3rd gen" or many of the threads in this SC/turbo forum, in the search, my name might pop up a few times you might learn a few things....I've also helped put together 2 junkyard turbo setups on a B16 and ZC DOHC CRX, and I'm currently putting something together for my Integra...but thats Honda stuff, we don't need to get into that. any more ?s
do you drive a 4th gen turbocharged maxima? does your car currently put out psi for psi the best numbers out there?

congrated on turbocharging honda's, what kind of numbers do these honda's put down?

turbo 3rd gens go woot woot..
Old 10-08-2003, 07:19 PM

Well I think some of yall dont seem to understand what the turbo can do at times. If you dont own one or drive one you will not fully understand how it really is powerful. The key here is Torque. Yes the Z06 is fast and has power, from a roll its fast, but a Turbo car can hang with it initially with the torque it can flat line across from 3000rpm.

And Im auto and Ive kept up with an E46 M3 that was racing like a madman on the hwy till I backed off due to this guys lack of respect for the road and other drivers. Wait till the 5spd goes in, im sure its going to be a whole new world.

Dixit

Quick Reply: Supercharged Guys: People say i'm fast, but is what i'm doing cheating?