Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Video PFI kit T4/T4 turbo kit vs supercharged Z28 part II, and trans am WS6

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 09:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Video PFI kit T4/T4 turbo kit vs supercharged Z28 part II, and trans am WS6

I was on the freeway minding my business when this silver WS6 pulls up next to me. He looks at me I tell him punch it. He smirks at me and gets on it. As soon as he gets on it, I tell my brother get the camera. After the run he gives me thumbs up and even has the cell phone sticking out. I dont sell out after I run people whether I lose or win. Is just for fun.

I then go to the the regular hang out. 2 mins later who do I see pull up? the Supercharged Z28. He says I am about to go. I tell him come lets ride out. Let me test this set up against your Z28. Hes cool as usual and leads me on. three honks as usual, He got me. I missed third gear. He whooped my azzz. 2nd run, he whoops my azzzz again. third he pulls half a car length on me. This guy pulls on Z06's. I wonder if I can pull on a Z06

You guys enjoy and remember this was @ 10PSI broken motor. White smoke all over the place after each run. Ill check the compression and see what it is tomorrow. I spiked to 10.8 PSI air is very dense. Car still pulls hard

Video link

they are WMV files

http://bigdogjonx.com:81/videos/maxima/
Old 11-14-2003, 09:26 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Well we will see what's up in a couple months

And who knows maybe through him we can find an 03 cobra and a z06
Old 11-14-2003, 09:32 PM

He pulled on a 03 cobra over that place where they normally hang out by the 20. You know where I am talking about. He also ran a Z06. The first run I completely missed third and did not want to put in first like I did last time and break it. I drive a bit more careful now. If I lose I ll be able to run him again. His cool like that. I lost is no big deal but not as bad as I did last time and w/5?? cylinders
Old 11-14-2003, 10:33 PM

Dude you need to get that cylinder fixed! Then you can open a real can of whoop a$$!

Originally Posted by JAY25
He pulled on a 03 cobra over that place where they normally hang out by the 20. You know where I am talking about. He also ran a Z06. The first run I completely missed third and did not want to put in first like I did last time and break it. I drive a bit more careful now. If I lose I ll be able to run him again. His cool like that. I lost is no big deal but not as bad as I did last time and w/5?? cylinders
Old 11-15-2003, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by turbo97SE
Dude you need to get that cylinder fixed! Then you can open a real can of whoop a$$!
Na, I say you keep running the car like Kevin until it breaks.... Its more fun now aint it.
Since you already got your backup engine coming.

Dixit
Old 11-15-2003, 05:09 AM

Wow, they must of had some serious horsepower to beat you at 10 PSI! Seems like 10 PSI is no no on stock motor....
Old 11-15-2003, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by spanishrice
Wow, they must of had some serious horsepower to beat you at 10 PSI! Seems like 10 PSI is no no on stock motor....
It can handle up to 12PSI. The motor is still the same. It spiked to 10.8 PSI. I should have cranked it up to 12PSI like Nigel does, I might have edged him a bit. Never the less that Z28 may have got more mods. To me that car is faster then before.

I was thinking about pulling a Kev but I cant. The mechanic thats going to help me do this motor swap is leaving back to Mexico in December. SO I Have to swap this out in the next 3 weeks. I am going to take 4 day vacation and take my time on it.
Old 11-15-2003, 05:27 AM

Ill crank it up to 11PSI tonight and lets see what happens. Ill add a bit of fuel uptop so I dont lean out
Old 11-15-2003, 07:02 AM

What are u useing to add fuel, SAFC? Well least ya have the other motor so go ahead and crnak it to 15 psi and hear the good ole fireworks lol. Some buddys of had a civic running single cam and the day before they were gonna swap out the put in the nitrous jet for 200 stuff was funny as I dont know what
Old 11-15-2003, 07:42 AM
UCF Lexus

Ill crank it up to 11PSI tonight and lets see what happens. Ill add a bit of fuel uptop so I dont lean out

WHAT?! I thought you said you're "done"

You better gimme a call if you go out.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by desertmaxima
What are u useing to add fuel, SAFC? Well least ya have the other motor so go ahead and crnak it to 15 psi and hear the good ole fireworks lol. Some buddys of had a civic running single cam and the day before they were gonna swap out the put in the nitrous jet for 200 stuff was funny as I dont know what
The SAFC controls the MAF, if I add positive numbers on the SAFC it will have me run rich just for 4K and above. I am not trying to blow up on purpose just having fun. 11PSI I am really asking for it. I was lean w/10PSI with my supercharger. I am pushing my luck with 11PSI. I wish i had a FPR Id install my 300Z injectors and crank it up to 12PSI and have another try at the supercharged Z28. I may just swap out my motor pretty soon. I cant stand the smell of all that smoke coming out of my engine/exhaust pipes. Its pathetic. Bijan, I have like 3 cars to work on between today and tomorrow. If I am not beat Ill go out and have it up to 11PSI. Ill let you know.

Jaime
Old 11-15-2003, 08:23 AM

So have ya determined what is wrong with that one cylinder or ya just gonna say screw it and use that motor to build up after ya swap the new one in
Old 11-15-2003, 08:47 AM

Im just wondering if your sure that guy is supercharged? Im not saying he isnt but I dont hear anything out of his car but NA IMO...have you seen the engine? I know a turbo max is fast but a SC z28 with some mods should be about 450+ to the wheels. He should have left you like nothing on the highway.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by ILoveMyMax
Im just wondering if your sure that guy is supercharged? Im not saying he isnt but I dont hear anything out of his car but NA IMO...have you seen the engine? I know a turbo max is fast but a SC z28 with some mods should be about 450+ to the wheels. He should have left you like nothing on the highway.

5-6 PSI thats all hes pushing. I know this guy. We talk all the time. I have raced him before. He doesnt have a roots blower he has a Vortech V9 trim chrome blower. By all means one day Ill ask his permission to take some pics of his ride. Hes a cool guy.

Download this video watch me SCed 10PSI vs Z28part I, and I also race another LT1 trans am ann edition. Have fun hes fcking fast!!!

http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.ph...=getit&lid=119
Old 11-15-2003, 09:22 AM

5-6 PSI thats all hes pushing. I know this guy. We talk all the time. I have raced him before. He doesnt have a roots blower he has a Vortech V9 trim chrome blower. By all means one day Ill ask his permission to take some pics of his ride. Hes a cool guy.

Download this video watch me SCed 10PSI vs Z28part I, and I also race another LT1 trans am ann edition. Have fun hes fcking fast!!!

http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.ph...=getit&lid=119
thanks alot for clearing that up.. i was confoozed for a few heh.. good runs though! Yea TA's mmmmm they can be done up.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:16 AM

Never the less that Z28 may have got more mods. To me that car is faster then before.
Last time you saw him were you on 6 cylinders? He may seem faster cause you're running slower hehe.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by ereet
Last time you saw him were you on 6 cylinders? He may seem faster cause you're running slower hehe.

Last time I was on 5.5 cylinders. I just did not know that the screws that fell in the engine did some damage. The screws fell in there sometime in July. I ran this guy like 10 Weeks ago. I personally dont care since I have the replacement VQ in my garage. I am awaiting new seals and water pump from Nissan.