Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

my personal turbo kit - for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003 | 01:00 PM

my personal turbo kit - for sale

This is the turbo kit that has been on my car for 1 year. It has proved to be a great setup on my car, with virtually no lag (car goes into boost at ~1500rpm and is making large amounts at 2500rpm).

A couple things that need to be mentioned are the turbo has a scrape in it, from originally I had something rubbing on it – corrected shortly after I noticed. Also, the IC pipe and downpipe are lower as with many turbo kits, *picture of clearance on the 3rd or 4th post down.

T3/T4 (Mobil 1 synthetic @ 2500miles. Always turbo timed off)
Feed pipe (from exhaust manifolds to turbo, has metal “skid” protector)
Downpipe (from turbo to the cat – INCLUDES EXHAUST CUTOUT)
Intercooler 30”
Intercooler piping
Apexi BOV
Boost Gauge (Autometer Phantom)
EGT Gauge (Autometer Phantom)
Wastegate (Turbonetics Deltagate w/ misc. springs)
Oil feed line (hard)
Silicone pipe connectors for pipes
Exhaust wrap on up+down pipe
Oil pan (un-tapped)
NGK BKR6E-11 copper 1step plugs

Things You Will Need:
Vortech FMU
Fuel Pump
Oil drain line
Fan

Reason for sale? I'm going big turbo (dont ask)

3610$

No, you don't get the radiator, alternator, etc.
downpipe pictured is without the exhaust cutout

look very close, you see 3 wing nuts that just turn off to run open exhaust:

30" front mount pic
Old 11-16-2003 | 04:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just wondering, since you said don't ask.... :P You are keeping the Maxima after all? Or you going to sell it and start a turbo project somewhere else. Also did your turbo spool faster with the exhuast cutout? Also has tall is your intercooler because I have a 96 and I want it in the same place.
Old 11-16-2003 | 04:26 PM
UCF Lexus

Almost $4k? Will I be able to produce the same HP and TQ numbers not-regarding the NOS?
Old 11-16-2003 | 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by spanishrice
Just wondering, since you said don't ask.... :P You are keeping the Maxima after all? Or you going to sell it and start a turbo project somewhere else. Also did your turbo spool faster with the exhuast cutout? Also has tall is your intercooler because I have a 96 and I want it in the same place.
Yes, I had a little change of heart about my car Looks like it will stay in my garage after all. I haven't specifically checked spool with the stock exhaust on, but it doesnt seem bad or different (regarding spool. power you can tell a dif) The intercooler core is 30x6 I believe. It fits really well in the bumper.. you can email me for pics of it without the bumper on to get an idea - no bumper-support cutting required

Bijan: "Almost $4k?" I dont understand what the question is here.. the price is listed on my first post. And no. Honestly, think for a second, why would I have nitrous if it makes identical hp and tq without it? maybe I misunderstood your question
Old 11-16-2003 | 05:23 PM

clearance on my car
Old 11-16-2003 | 05:31 PM
UCF Lexus

How much boost are you running?

w/ YOUR amount of boost....and w/ NO nitrous...how much of a gain in power should one recieve?
Old 11-16-2003 | 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by bijan gxe
How much boost are you running?

w/ YOUR amount of boost....and w/ NO nitrous...how much of a gain in power should one recieve?
I ran 14.5 daily without nitrous, but now I have dropped it to 10psi bc of running nitrous. I do not know what numbers it makes off the bottle.
Old 11-16-2003 | 07:31 PM
UCF Lexus

Originally Posted by hlh0501
I do not know what numbers it makes off the bottle.
Well, shouldn't you? Whatever your SECRET jet size is..... subtract that from your dyno?
Old 11-16-2003 | 08:11 PM

lol .... POWER POWER POWER ... we all wanna kno your secrets
Old 11-16-2003 | 08:39 PM
UCF Lexus

Originally Posted by TofuShop
lol .... POWER POWER POWER ... we all wanna kno your secrets

I guess the power comes from these innovative welds and bends that is a technological edge that he has over others.

PS that a picture of an IC pipe that he made for BigDogJonx's car
Old 11-16-2003 | 08:47 PM
Granny Driven

I guess the power comes from these innovative welds and bends that is a technological edge that he has over others.

PS that a picture of an IC pipe that he made for BigDogJonx's car

the secret to success is out
Old 11-16-2003 | 09:38 PM

Well, shouldn't you? Whatever your SECRET jet size is..... subtract that from your dyno?
shouldn't I what? It's my car, I am pretty sure I can do as I please. If you are paying to build my car, then you can tell me what "should" be.

and how does a pic of a different setup relate to this. regardless, I guess innovative welds are doing it considering I am the most powerful..?

lets try and stick on topic here if you aren't interested in purchasing, you can PM me your other concerns etc, thanks
Old 11-17-2003 | 04:05 AM
UCF Lexus

Dude, I'm saying shouldnt you know your HP and TQ w/out your nitrous? Whatever your jet size is - subtract that from your last dyno.

Get what I'm sayin?
Old 11-17-2003 | 05:02 AM

Dude, I'm saying shouldnt you know your HP and TQ w/out your nitrous? Whatever your jet size is - subtract that from your last dyno.

Get what I'm sayin?
yes, I know what you are saying. And I am saying i don't know my HP and TQ w/out N2O. Unfortunately ricer math of just adding and subtracting horsepowers and theorizing on numbers doesn't work out in real life. First of all my jet size is 0.xx, so technically subtracting my jet size from my dyno #'s I don't think would be very accurate (still would yield 476). Now, if you mean to subtract the size "shot" I am running, that would be easier if I had stuck to NX suggested jets, but I have mixed jets. Not to mention the possible cooling effects even a small shot has on a boosted car.

If you aren't interested in purchasing, you can PM me your other concerns etc, thanks
Old 11-17-2003 | 06:51 AM

Holy **** thats alot of clearance on the lift:rolleyes:

clearance on my car

quit f_cking with people you do not have that much clearance under your car is on the lift what a character! you are so full of ****

and what type of weld is that? You welded that? need to practice your skills son. Sell it on Ebay to some idiot
Old 11-17-2003 | 06:57 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally Posted by autozonemaxima
your car is on the lift
heh thats what i was thinking, just lifting the body up. but I didn't think he'd try to be that obvious
Old 11-17-2003 | 08:10 AM

I just don't know how he runs 14.5 psi on a daily driver with stock internals. It seems all these turbo guys trying to push 10 or more seem to **** something up.
Old 11-17-2003 | 08:20 AM
UCF Lexus

Unfortunately ricer math of just adding and subtracting horsepowers and theorizing on numbers doesn't work. First of all my jet size is 0.xx, so technically subtracting my jet size from my dyno #'s I don't think would be very accurate (still would yield 476). Now, if you mean to subtract the size "shot" I am running, that would be easier

So.....I do ricer math....sweet.

I just wanted to know what gains one could get w/out the nitrous. But...after seeing what past customers went thru, seems kind of flakey.
Old 11-17-2003 | 08:46 AM

The pic of under the car shows the exact clearance differences. It is obvious its on a lift, big yellow arms! I didn't put a tape measure there to show how many inches to the ground did I, no, it is for comparison. I don't know what suspension setup the new owner will have, so I cannot give an amount of clearance - for that matter I have turbo customers on stock suspension.

I had no problems running 14.5psi daily, but at the same time I am not going to tell others to do it.

Without nitrous this went 13.2@110mph on stock wheels+tires, full interior, etc.
That was at untuned ~12psi, NO mevi.
Hope that will help to give a little better idea of what power this makes
Old 11-17-2003 | 09:24 AM

Have you done anything special to hold that amount of pressure?
Old 11-17-2003 | 10:13 AM
I'm needing a caw

What's wrong with the clearance? Whether it's on a lift or not, doesn't change it. All the reference points are there for people to see regarding clearance.
Bijan. Since when did you become the expert? If you want to know the hp gained, please explain in detail how it should be obtained, what psi, what weather conditions, what octane gas etc..........Maybe you should pay him for a dyno run if you are that curious. But since the system is all apart....
Old 11-17-2003 | 11:09 AM
UCF Lexus

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Bijan. Since when did you become the expert? If you want to know the hp gained, please explain in detail how it should be obtained, what psi, what weather conditions, what octane gas etc..
I became an expert overnight....

Um, I dont know if ANYONE is an expert Jeff. From what I know....the higher the PSI the more the power!!! Thats a tuff one. As you might know Sadler is at either 5 or 5.5 PSI w/ +-255 HP. Then you look at Jay25 w/ 9.7 PSI w/ 325 HP. Weather conditions....cooler is better but not frigid temps. Octane...I see bags, dixit, erik, and jaime all use 93 octane. THERE MUST BE A REASON WHY...

Yah, you, hal, spanishrice may and probly do know more about turbo's and all the aspects about it. But who said I couldnt ask questions? Whenever I get a 4th gen, and if the time comes for me to get boost, I want to make sure I'm not throwing $4,000+ down the drain. I know you know where I'm coming from.

As for the nitrous "shots".....50 shot = 50 instand HP no? Since Hal doesnt want to tell his nitrous shot, and I think he said he runs 12 psi daily....but 14 at the dyno - it shouldnt be THAT hard of a calculation between the nitrous vs. the turbo only. Or should it?
Old 11-17-2003 | 11:14 AM
I'm needing a caw

I don't understand why you are ripping on the guy if you don't know enough about turbos to ask. I don't see questions, I see attempts to flame. I know the difference. All he has to say, is "I got xx power from this set up, your results might be different". All the kit consists of is some tubing, WG, turbo, BOV etc.... Nothing TOO different than anyone else's set up. Plus the HP you get is going to be determined MORE buy tuning. So why are you asking about the nos jet size when it's not even included in the kit?? Are you going to buy the kit?? I don't see any indication of interest. If you are NOT going to buy, why all the flaming?

Um, I dont know if ANYONE is an expert Jeff. From what I know....the higher the PSI the more the power!!! Thats a tuff one. As you might know Sadler is at either 5 or 5.5 PSI w/ +-255 HP. Then you look at Jay25 w/ 9.7 PSI w/ 325 HP. Weather conditions....cooler is better but not frigid temps. Octane...I see bags, dixit, erik, and jaime all use 93 octane. THERE MUST BE A REASON WHY...

Yah, you, hal, spanishrice may and probly do know more about turbo's and all the aspects about it. But who said I couldnt ask questions? Whenever I get a 4th gen, and if the time comes for me to get boost, I want to make sure I'm not throwing $4,000+ down the drain. I know you know where I'm coming from.

As for the nitrous "shots".....50 shot = 50 instand HP no? Since Hal doesnt want to tell his nitrous shot, and I think he said he runs 12 psi daily....but 14 at the dyno - it shouldnt be THAT hard of a calculation between the nitrous vs. the turbo only. Or should it?
Old 11-17-2003 | 11:17 AM
UCF Lexus

Alright. You got me....I'll stop.

I'm REALLY not attempting to flame....
Old 11-17-2003 | 12:16 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

clearance on my car

Maybe I am blind, but I see no downpipe.

I see the reverse Y pipe, and the intercooler piping, but no downpipe.

Heck I even see the "vent" from the wastegate
Old 11-17-2003 | 12:39 PM
SLOW

You can't just subtract his nitrous shot size. Nitrous + FI gives more of a gain than just the nitrous shot size alone would indicate. It gives X gain because of the additional oxygen going into the motor, which is the "theoretical" HP gain. But then there is a gain, Y, because of the fact that the nitrous is cooling the superheated air going into the motor as well. This part is the part that you cannot calculate, unless you dyno the car using back to back runs, with and without the spray. If he hasn't done this then he's not just going to spit out some numbers to guess what hp he would have at a certain psi off the spray, especially since his method of tuning is drastically different from most people's.

Example. My friend gained about 65whp from a 25 shot on a JRSC GSR. Now if he were to just guess and subtract his shot size from whatever he put down on the dyno with the nitrous in use, his numbers would be way off.
Old 11-17-2003 | 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
You can't just subtract his nitrous shot size. Nitrous + FI gives more of a gain than just the nitrous shot size alone would indicate. It gives X gain because of the additional oxygen going into the motor, which is the "theoretical" HP gain. But then there is a gain, Y, because of the fact that the nitrous is cooling the superheated air going into the motor as well. This part is the part that you cannot calculate, unless you dyno the car using back to back runs, with and without the spray. If he hasn't done this then he's not just going to spit out some numbers to guess what hp he would have at a certain psi off the spray, especially since his method of tuning is drastically different from most people's.

Example. My friend gained about 65whp from a 25 shot on a JRSC GSR. Now if he were to just guess and subtract his shot size from whatever he put down on the dyno with the nitrous in use, his numbers would be way off.
Wow that made a big difference. I guess in Hal's car the nitrous help the engine run cooler and not detinate at such a high psi. I wonder if he has it hooked to an rpm switch?
Old 11-17-2003 | 02:32 PM

Wow that made a big difference. I guess in Hal's car the nitrous help the engine run cooler and not detinate at such a high psi. I wonder if he has it hooked to an rpm switch?
I actualy run lower boost (10psi) now that I am using nitrous, just for safety's sake. I ran 14.5 without nitrous. But yes, the cooling effect is wonderful! and no, it is not on a RPM switch.

thanks to everyone helping to keep this on track, and nealoc for being patient enough to explain out why I cant just subtract a certain amount from my nitrous dynos. One more thing to add that makes it even more complex, is that I have mixed jets. They are not the normal nitrous-to-fuel jettings
Old 11-17-2003 | 02:33 PM

Why are you picking on me. Actually my knowledge of turbos is quite extensive, all the way to last month. Everything I have learned, I learned on this board or from reading stuff on the internet. I thank everyone on this board has been nice enough to answer my questions. I am still learning, and just trying to aquire as much information as I can before I start my project. j/k. :P
Old 11-17-2003 | 02:35 PM
I'm needing a caw

I do think you need to clarify the clearance picture. If the downpipe sits lower than the rest of the pipes, you can't really call it a clearance picture correct?

I actualy run lower boost (10psi) now that I am using nitrous, just for safety's sake. I ran 14.5 without nitrous. But yes, the cooling effect is wonderful! and no, it is not on a RPM switch.

thanks to everyone helping to keep this on track, and nealoc for being patient enough to explain out why I cant just subtract a certain amount from my nitrous dynos. One more thing to add that makes it even more complex, is that I have mixed jets. They are not the normal nitrous-to-fuel jettings
Old 11-17-2003 | 05:01 PM
UCF Lexus

Why are you picking on me.
Nah dude....you read it wrong. Jeff asked me when I became an expert...

then I said I'm not an expert, and YOU, jeff, and hal probly (hal especially) know more than me.
Old 11-17-2003 | 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I do think you need to clarify the clearance picture. If the downpipe sits lower than the rest of the pipes, you can't really call it a clearance picture correct?
I can get a new pic tom. if need be, but the two pipes I had mentioned that are the lowest are the up-pipe and pass. IC pipe, both which are in that pic. I had that pic already on my computer, so I threw it on the server, not realizing the drama that everything I post brings

Heck I could have put no picture up, but I don't want the new owner to have any surprises. That's also why I tried to list the things they need in addition rather than them having to figure it out, etc.
Old 11-18-2003 | 03:10 PM

Hal why go to a big turbo?? You were killing big turbo people with your small turbo!
Old 11-20-2003 | 11:41 AM

I just don't know how he runs 14.5 psi on a daily driver with stock internals. It seems all these turbo guys trying to push 10 or more seem to **** something up.
I've run 10psi daily for quite some time, and I haven't fked anything up yet...

Bryan
Old 11-20-2003 | 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by h2kFrosty
I've run 10psi daily for quite some time, and I haven't fked anything up yet...

Bryan

That is good to know. Are you maxing out yoru stock injectors at 10 psi?
Old 11-20-2003 | 08:08 PM

That is good to know. Are you maxing out yoru stock injectors at 10 psi?
I know that was directed to H2K, but.. for reference, I am still on stock injectors
Old 11-20-2003 | 08:24 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

I know that was directed to H2K, but.. for reference, I am still on stock injectors

Yeah, but you're running a trick N2O setup...bigger fuel jet than normal...
Old 11-20-2003 | 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Yeah, but you're running a trick N2O setup...bigger fuel jet than normal...
hehe..
what about the rest of the time? or when I ran 14 daily?

my personal thoughts are, our injectors will do more than most think - from a mechanical fuel setup point of view. i ran 14psi for an extended amount of time, running a pretty solid a/f

(btw, my present setup in the car is .01 larger n2o jet to the recomended fuel)
Old 11-22-2003 | 09:07 AM

[QUOTE=hlh0501]hehe..

Hal, whacha running for a trim size on that turbo (60)? Also, it looks like you have a pretty big turbine side or a pretty small compressor housing. What are the a/r ratios on teh turbine/compressor side??

THanks
Old 11-22-2003 | 08:35 PM

hehe..

my personal thoughts are, our injectors will do more than most think - from a mechanical fuel setup point of view. i ran 14psi for an extended amount of time, running a pretty solid a/f

(btw, my present setup in the car is .01 larger n2o jet to the recomended fuel)
Have you ever blown an engine?

Quick Reply: my personal turbo kit - for sale