Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Apexi E.L.2 gauge system

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 01:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Apexi E.L.2 gauge system

Does anyone have the Apexi E.L.2 gauge system. Wondering how it works and how well you like it. It seems to be the way to go if you plan to use all Apexi gauges.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:46 PM

I have four Apexi gauges, three are hooked up.

Lets see, you can reset your peak, so you dont have to look at the gauge while you boost. It memorizes the movement of the needle for you on a run. It will blink red to where ever you set the warning peak. Best gauges ever. Thats all I will ever buy. Plus they are not too big or too small. Much more accurate then the autometer mickey mouse guages!
Old 12-30-2003, 05:22 PM

Can you data log with that, the description makes it sound kinda like you can. I'm thinking it is really more that is just records the movement for a time period and you can replay it afterwards like you said. Mostly I'm looking at what the advantages are over the E.L.2 vs. the normal E.L. Do you need to mount the control unit somewhere that is easily accessible? Are you annoyed by having to read boost in KPA?

Sorry for all the questions.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by MAXimumHP
Can you data log with that, the description makes it sound kinda like you can. I'm thinking it is really more that is just records the movement for a time period and you can replay it afterwards like you said. Mostly I'm looking at what the advantages are over the E.L.2 vs. the normal E.L. Do you need to mount the control unit somewhere that is easily accessible? Are you annoyed by having to read boost in KPA?

Sorry for all the questions.

I read my boost in PSI. The gauge reads in HG for vacuum and for boost it clearly reads in PSI. My fuel pressure gauge reads in KPA. The ECU for these gauges is built into the gauge. Is not like the Greddy EGT that comes with a separate unit. Apexi gauges are plug and play, except for the EGT probe. Bung needs to be drilled and tapped. Rest is plug and negative and two positives.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by JAY25
I read my boost in PSI. The gauge reads in HG for vacuum and for boost it clearly reads in PSI. My fuel pressure gauge reads in KPA. The ECU for these gauges is built into the gauge. Is not like the Greddy EGT that comes with a separate unit. Apexi gauges are plug and play, except for the EGT probe. Bung needs to be drilled and tapped. Rest is plug and negative and two positives.
Are you sure you have the E.L.2 System?

It says you need the control unit for the E.L.2 system, are you sure you don't have just the E.L. Gauges.

The E.L.2 system requires this:

From www.gruppe-s.com

EL2 System 60mm (2.36") meter faces allows for quick, accurate views of needle position. Up to 6 EL2 System Meters can be controlled from 1 Control Unit. Control Unit allows for one-touch access to memory recording and replay, warning setting, and peak hold functions. Multi-angle Meter Stand allows for virtually unlimited mounting position within the cockpit. Compact wiring (3mm dia.) allows inconspicuous wiring within the cockpit. Meter Control Unit is required to activate EL2 System meters.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:10 AM

Sir Speedy Wrench has just the EL
Old 12-31-2003, 02:14 PM

I didnt know they made different ones now
I always thought they were EL2.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:38 PM

if you have the money i'd go for defi's instead. they look a hell of a lot better than the apexi's. at least in my opinion they do.

http://www.defi-shop.com/product/bf/bf_top.html