Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Want to put intercooler on supercharged 01'

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

When YOU come down to reality, let me know. Your statements here and otherwise, show you don't jack and are lucky you pay your "new installer" to do stuff for you.

The V1/V2 doesn't produce FULL BOOST until redline, hence lag. Look it up, if you need a better explaination.

Funny thing about your posts, is you're the first to toss around how people "know it all", yet that's what you act like.

I don't clearly have my mind set on ANYTHING, I've stated what *I* know as the positives and negatives of BOTH setups, so how you could gather that, I don't have a clue.

Apparently, you're so blinded by the fact that you have an IC or at least attempted it, , that you can't see that it *MAY* or may not be the "best" setup.

Hey if it works for you man, run it. You've apparently got the $$$$ to run it and more, so I'd run an IC in your shoes...just not in mine and MOST others here.

Keep flossing the M5, since that's your comeback to everything now.

Originally Posted by max'n out
You have no idea what lag is, thats very clear. Turbos also begin to create boost as you go up in teh rpm band, some s/c's can produce 10psi max boost at 2k rpm. It's all in what you pick. You clearly have your mind set i'm not going to attempt to change it...I'll leave you alone cuz only God knows it all.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You have no idea what lag is, thats very clear. Turbos also begin to create boost as you go up in teh rpm band, some s/c's can produce 10psi max boost at 2k rpm. It's all in what you pick. You clearly have your mind set i'm not going to attempt to change it...I'll leave you alone cuz only God knows it all.

Lag is what happened when I raced that intercooled SCed lexus, not one but two of them. I did give that dude on one of the runs a courtesy full car length head start and I down shifted for that one last run. Bags and Bijan was there. I left that dude sitting still. His setup is very ideal, he doesnt have a Vortech blower but similar to it. If he took his car past 7500RPMS hell surpass 12PSI, but he doesnt take it there.

Here are my dynos this one is a 5.9PSI no MEVI
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...07_30_full.jpg

here is my other dyno no intercooler and I believe I put down higher numbers then you did.

if you missed the video of me and that SCed intercooled air to air lexus here it is to prove to you, that youll get your butt handed to you. SCers and air to air ICers is not the best way to go

http://total-x.net/modules.php?name=...p=getit&lid=15

I do understand you did not have many options to go with since you have a 2k-2k1 maxima. You could have just invested cash into a JS and the 3.25 pulley or even the 3.125 pulley.

One more thing about Turbos, with a good boost controller, youll have two boost readings. It will play like see saw. If it sees less boost going into the manifold, the wastegate will stay shut forcing all this air thru the fins and balancing out the boost on both ends of the intercooler. I hope I did not lose you. With the SCer you dont have that option because the SCer is belt driven. By now your probably pist off, and I dont blame you. Unfortunately you dont live nearby, Id prove it to you by rounding up a bunch of fast cars and you will get a better of understanding of what we are talking about.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:58 PM

Very good point.

However, people don't "see" pre-ignition, it's too late, so that's not really much help. Detonation is what MANY of you guys experience and hear, which if not kept under control or to a minimum, will lead to pre-ignition, ie a new motor.

I still believe bags last motors' ultra lean condition caused detonation, which lead to pre-ignition.

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
One good thing about water injection (along with preventing detonation) is that over time it removes carbon buildup from combustion chambers, reducing the chances for pre-ignition. Steam cleaning, if you will. We talk a lot about detonation, but it is pre-ignition we should really be worried about.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:16 PM

Aquamist is a bad idea, and not as good as an intercooler. Water if it is not vaperized and goes into the combustion chamber will bypass the combusion, same thing as getting mosture in your motor when it sits to long, it sputers. Thats not to say you can't use it, it's a so so kinda thing.

So many people so many opinions, so many people that have theorys and no experience.

Ive done it.

I think i was one of the first 3 that all did it at once (at least thats known).

NIIIIIiiiiiiice~! Here's *YOU* doing the SAME thing and getting PWNED by Y2KevSE with DYNO PROOF AND EXPERIENCE on Aquamist and the SIMPLE equation PV=nRT, yet you're STILL mystified:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....light=Aquamist

BTW, did I say you're FOS already, if not, you are.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:17 PM

You guys seem to miss the point, that Ive decided to sell the maxima i'm not keeping it so why keep investing in it?

I hope you guys are happy with yours...But I wasn't acually refering each thing to one person...It was a generel coment on all forums.

Have a good time.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:46 PM

Enjoy the ultimate driving machine...I know I would.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by IceY2K1
NIIIIIiiiiiiice~! Here's *YOU* doing the SAME thing and getting PWNED by Y2KevSE with DYNO PROOF AND EXPERIENCE on Aquamist and the SIMPLE equation PV=nRT, yet you're STILL mystified:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....light=Aquamist

BTW, did I say you're FOS already, if not, you are.

FOS???? YOu mean POS? that would make sence? O well either way least I got 3 cars to comfort my booty. Not sure what kevs post on aquamist has to do with crap...Ive known for along time he ran that, never liked it.

GOod to see you fired up over a internet forum though.

By the way I never said my setup was the best, infact I think a different setup is the best, I just never stated what It was. I was trying to give an over view of my thoughts.

The thing that kills me is that this forum and many others, a group dominates it and hates when somebody has a contray opinion.

How has any of this crap you guys have spit up helped this gentlemen with his intercooler needs...wheather you like it or not thats the kinda thing he wants. ANd it's done often.

Happy motoring.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:08 PM

Back already? Dayyymn that took long.

FOS = Full Of ****, ie don't have a CLUE what you're spewing from your mouth.

Fired up?

Point of Kevs' post being, you're contradicting what *YOU* are saying all along about how everybody is acting like their "GODs of all knowledge" and shouldn't speak unless they have "experience" because that's ALL that matters, yet you do the SAME thing in THIS thread:
So many people so many opinions, so many people that have theorys and no experience.

Ive done it.

I think i was one of the first 3 that all did it at once (at least thats known).
I don't care who's setup is best, simply pointing out EXACTLY what you found out the hard way, ie it's NOT that easy to custom make an IC that *PRODUCES* power vs. causes pressure drop.

Crap? Maybe because *YOU* don't understand, but I'm sure he and others understand that YOU are FOS and shouldn't be taken as knowledgeable on ANYTHING, since all you do is post BOGUS BS and don't back it up. Especially, funny that you like to call OTHERS new ideas with DYNO PROOF BS, yet you have NOTHING to back up the **** you spew.

FOS???? YOu mean POS? that would make sence? O well either way least I got 3 cars to comfort my booty. Not sure what kevs post on aquamist has to do with crap...Ive known for along time he ran that, never liked it.

GOod to see you fired up over a internet forum though.

By the way I never said my setup was the best, infact I think a different setup is the best, I just never stated what It was. I was trying to give an over view of my thoughts.

The thing that kills me is that this forum and many others, a group dominates it and hates when somebody has a contray opinion.

How has any of this crap you guys have spit up helped this gentlemen with his intercooler needs...wheather you like it or not thats the kinda thing he wants. ANd it's done often.

Happy motoring.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:09 PM

Have a good day buddy.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:12 PM

Don't come back now...until you can actually contribute something besides BS.

Enjoy the M5...I would.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:14 PM

you guys are too full of anger, and spend to much time online. I love these internet fights I'm scaaaaaaaaared as they say down south.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:16 PM

Thought you were out of here?

Guess not?
Old 03-29-2004, 05:22 PM

didn't say that
Old 03-29-2004, 05:24 PM

So, you're selling the Max and yet like to hang out here just to spew BS knowledge you don't have?

Who "spends too much time online"?
Old 03-29-2004, 07:50 PM
UCF Lexus

I feel a lot dumber after reading all this...
Old 03-29-2004, 07:50 PM

I try and drop by once and a while to help people.

What I find ironic is I try and let things go and say nothing yet you keep coming back at me? Havn't you made what ever point you think you made by now?
Old 03-29-2004, 08:15 PM

You don't help...

BTW, it was 2mins. after you posted NOTICE the time stamp.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:23 PM

ouch... this flamefest is turning ugly... lets get back ontopic and CONTRIBUTE to the thread, not dillute it with this nonsense...
Old 03-29-2004, 08:35 PM

maxn'out seems like hes "trying" to help, but his "help" is really not that helpful. it's more like, hey... i DID it, so why do you try to flame me. I think if he would better explain his setup, that it would help nudge us in the right direction for a correct installation of the IC.

I don't believe that the IC would be the best bang for the buck, or even up there. But, if someone wants a high boosted /reliable daily driver, then FMIC is the way to go. Its basically set it and forget it... and the least maintainence out of all the intercoolers. That is the reason I am sticking with a FMIC... plus, I am almost 100% positive that I will be gaining hp over my setup without an IC. Also, with our currect avaliable area and the location of the S/C, routing efficient plumbing for the IC is going to require some fancy fabbing, or some cuts, or both... which I am willing, and have done... but if you guys want to PLAY, you gotta PAY right... whether that may be through monetary, or labor-intensive means.

Also... a lot of the people that are knocking on the FMICs have seen poorly setup ones, maybe due to lack or research, or lack of resources (money/materials), or something to that effect. I am just waiting for someone to do one correctly... because scientifically, the IC SHOULD be beneficial... as long as the efficiency of the IC is high enough. If no one else can prove its usefullness, then I guess i'll have to take stand and do it myself... I hope to have my setup complete soon, and have some dynos for you all

Until then... I will just keep absorbing the 'GOOD' information.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I'm scaaaaaaaaared as they say down south.
its scuuuuuuured with a "u"....your ebonics is poor
Old 03-29-2004, 08:56 PM

Search(if you can ), you'll find pretty much ALL his posts are the same, ie I'm the poor redheaded stepchild that everybody abuses cause I have the BADEST IC, tranny, stereo system, Maxima, and now M5 that MONEY can buy, so I'm the GOD of all knowledge, so bowdown. According to him, everyone else is riding your/my jock, so you don't know what you're talking about. Other then that, I haven't seen him CONTRIBUTE jack.

Anyways, an IC can make more power on a SC, it's just more difficult, so make sure you're careful choosing the size, type(tube/fin or bar/plate), designing the tubing layout, and choosing the right size tubing.

Good luck and I look forward to someone SHOWING how to make an IC for the V1/V2 SC that works great.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:49 AM

Search(if you can ), you'll find pretty much ALL his posts are the same, ie I'm the poor redheaded stepchild that everybody abuses cause I have the BADEST IC, tranny, stereo system, Maxima, and now M5 that MONEY can buy, so I'm the GOD of all knowledge, so bowdown. According to him, everyone else is riding your/my jock, so you don't know what you're talking about. Other then that, I haven't seen him CONTRIBUTE jack.

Anyways, an IC can make more power on a SC, it's just more difficult, so make sure you're careful choosing the size, type(tube/fin or bar/plate), designing the tubing layout, and choosing the right size tubing.

Good luck and I look forward to someone SHOWING how to make an IC for the V1/V2 SC that works great.

I hope this guy mounts his FMIC and then come back and tell us the results. I just can t see myself mounting a FMIC and getting owned at the track or the streets, I cant do it .

They do make SCers for M5's. The only problem is they cost quite a bit
Old 03-30-2004, 08:41 AM

Absolutely. Just having a FMIC guarantees nothing. Looks like no one has been able to prove a setup for a SC'd max. I don't have an installer, other than myself armed with only theoretical knowledge. I'm not willing to spend the time and money researching and buying intercoolers (not even in that order). I'm not a welder so I would need to give the fabricator my check book for about 3 months. :

And speaking of , my last compression test blew 224 on #3. I going to start a betting pool on when the old motor's gonna blow

I'm getting a wbO2 kit and shooting water/meth... hopefully should keep it alive for the season.

Anyone have a hookup for the 3.1 pulley?

D
Old 03-30-2004, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by ilumo
maxn'out seems like hes "trying" to help, but his "help" is really not that helpful. it's more like, hey... i DID it, so why do you try to flame me. I think if he would better explain his setup, that it would help nudge us in the right direction for a correct installation of the IC.

I don't believe that the IC would be the best bang for the buck, or even up there. But, if someone wants a high boosted /reliable daily driver, then FMIC is the way to go. Its basically set it and forget it... and the least maintainence out of all the intercoolers. That is the reason I am sticking with a FMIC... plus, I am almost 100% positive that I will be gaining hp over my setup without an IC. Also, with our currect avaliable area and the location of the S/C, routing efficient plumbing for the IC is going to require some fancy fabbing, or some cuts, or both... which I am willing, and have done... but if you guys want to PLAY, you gotta PAY right... whether that may be through monetary, or labor-intensive means.

Also... a lot of the people that are knocking on the FMICs have seen poorly setup ones, maybe due to lack or research, or lack of resources (money/materials), or something to that effect. I am just waiting for someone to do one correctly... because scientifically, the IC SHOULD be beneficial... as long as the efficiency of the IC is high enough. If no one else can prove its usefullness, then I guess i'll have to take stand and do it myself... I hope to have my setup complete soon, and have some dynos for you all

Until then... I will just keep absorbing the 'GOOD' information.
Not at all...Between this post and the other and others long before that Ive answered any questions asked of me.

ASK ME SOMTHING YOU WANNA KNOW AND I WILL ANSWER IT THE BEST I CAN.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by JAY25
I hope this guy mounts his FMIC and then come back and tell us the results. I just can t see myself mounting a FMIC and getting owned at the track or the streets, I cant do it .

They do make SCers for M5's. The only problem is they cost quite a bit

Yes they do...stage one installed by rms i think was 20,000...i think the downgraded that to a mere 15 ahahahahahahahahaha....and thats just stage 1. I miss the cheapness of moding the max
Old 03-30-2004, 11:01 AM

Yes they do...stage one installed by rms i think was 20,000...i think the downgraded that to a mere 15 ahahahahahahahahaha....and thats just stage 1. I miss the cheapness of moding the max

I wonder why does it cost over $6K to SC a GS400?, $15K for a M5 dang, thats alot. You big cheese, you got deep pockets. That M5 is a beautiful machine. RWD big and spacey. Has plenty of power, now fill that sucka up w/some females
Old 03-30-2004, 11:05 AM

2 reasons. Cost of development...mostly on the computer side...and 2....your dealing with people that can pay. Headers for example from hartage are 8,000....cat back exhaust from tubi is 2500....See dont' start complaining about moding nissans hondas toyota etc Could be worse.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:08 AM

2 reasons. Cost of development...mostly on the computer side...and 2....your dealing with people that can pay. Headers for example from hartage are 8,000....cat back exhaust from tubi is 2500....See dont' start complaining about moding nissans hondas toyota etc Could be worse.

figured electronics is the main reason why. 8K for some headers yikes. Its a car thats surpasses what $75 if not more?
Old 03-30-2004, 11:28 AM

when they came out in 2k, sticker loaded was about 71,000 and you paid a 15k premium on top of that....by o3 it was 75,000-82,000. plus tax.