Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Turbo timer install

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 12:15 PM

Turbo timer install

What color is the wire I need to tap into for the E-Brake shut off signal?
Old 04-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

If you really WANT it, look under the console by the eBrake and you can't miss it.

Otherwise, just ground it to the chasis.

Anymore dynos?

Originally Posted by pimpjuice
What color is the wire I need to tap into for the E-Brake shut off signal?
Old 04-02-2004, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by IceY2K1
If you really WANT it, look under the console by the eBrake and you can't miss it.

Otherwise, just ground it to the chasis.

Anymore dynos?
I ended up putting it on near the e-brake. I was just going to see if anyone remembered the color so I could tap into it by the dash.

The turbo timer isn't working though. I have the Apexi one and the installation sheet says ign 1 and ign 2. So I hooked up ign 1 to our main ignition wire (black with red stripe) and ign 2 wire to the white w/blue stripe wire. With it wired like this, the turbo timer came on right before startup but turned off right after.

So I switched the ignition wires 1 and 2. The TT stays on now but when I turn the ignition to off, the TT won't keep my car running. Any ideas?

No new dyno's yet. I want to get my wideband sensor and do some more tuning first.

Hows the intake manifold experiment coming?
Old 04-02-2004, 03:36 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

It's been awhile, but let me find my notes and see if the 4th gen instructions I have can help you.

Intake manifold experiment?

I ended up putting it on near the e-brake. I was just going to see if anyone remembered the color so I could tap into it by the dash.

The turbo timer isn't working though. I have the Apexi one and the installation sheet says ign 1 and ign 2. So I hooked up ign 1 to our main ignition wire (black with red stripe) and ign 2 wire to the white w/blue stripe wire. With it wired like this, the turbo timer came on right before startup but turned off right after.

So I switched the ignition wires 1 and 2. The TT stays on now but when I turn the ignition to off, the TT won't keep my car running. Any ideas?

No new dyno's yet. I want to get my wideband sensor and do some more tuning first.

Hows the intake manifold experiment coming?
Old 04-02-2004, 04:41 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

This is how jay and I hooked up our Blitz units on our 4th gens. Hope it helps.

BTW, would you mind emailing me your dyno files to bags533@aol.com

I had the EXACT same problem with my timer. One of the wires came loose

edit, helps when you post the link

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=289898
Old 04-02-2004, 05:30 PM

Ice, I thought I remembered reading a thread about trying to see if the aftermarket Z manifold will fit on our cars.

Baggs, thanks for the link. I actually printed that thread a little while back and was using that for the install. I am going to check all of the connections and make sure none of them are loose.

I'll e-mail you my dynos, but if you don't mind me asking, what do you need them for?
Old 04-02-2004, 05:47 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

aren't they posted here?
http://www.total-x.net/modules.php?n...=article&sid=3
Old 04-02-2004, 10:46 PM

I'm beginning to think that my turbo timer is busted. I tried every combination there is and nothing worked.

Do I tap into all of the wires, or am I supposed to replace the ignition 2 wire with the one from the TT.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:14 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Ice, I thought I remembered reading a thread about trying to see if the aftermarket Z manifold will fit on our cars.

Baggs, thanks for the link. I actually printed that thread a little while back and was using that for the install. I am going to check all of the connections and make sure none of them are loose.

I'll e-mail you my dynos, but if you don't mind me asking, what do you need them for?

Oh .. cool.

I am only going to use them for MY records. Comparisons and such. Look at different setups and turbos. Not to share on the net, just for me and jay25 and dixit to look at on my computer.

I also for forgot to ask for a mod list if you don't mind. That way I can know what I am looking at.

I'll email you mine as well, if you want them.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:04 AM

Dynos sent!

I am still having trouble with my TT though. I am just supposed to splice into the wires correct? When I have the wires set up as Jay explains, the turbo timer flashes on then turns off. If I switch ign 1 and 2 wires, the TT will stay on and work properly untill I turn the car off. When I turn the car off it also turns the TT off.

I wouldn't think things are different on my car, all of the colors and wire positions are the same. Hmm... any thoughts.

EDIT:
I forgot, I have to deal with the electronic key feature. Any 5th gen install a turbo timer?
Old 04-04-2004, 06:03 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Dynos sent!

I am still having trouble with my TT though. I am just supposed to splice into the wires correct? When I have the wires set up as Jay explains, the turbo timer flashes on then turns off. If I switch ign 1 and 2 wires, the TT will stay on and work properly untill I turn the car off. When I turn the car off it also turns the TT off.

I wouldn't think things are different on my car, all of the colors and wire positions are the same. Hmm... any thoughts.

EDIT:
I forgot, I have to deal with the electronic key feature. Any 5th gen install a turbo timer?

AHHH.. I forgot abou that..

PM bigdogjonx.. or me, dixit can help better than I .