Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Gauge Install ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Gauge Install ??

EGT, boost, and Fuel Pressure All AutoMeter Carbon Fiber look
I will also be running an AEM FPR if that matters

Are there any good right ups on how to install ?? I need step by step so I can do these right...anyone In NJ wanna help my blower isnt even in yet but sooner or later Ill have to put these in..

-matt
Old 04-10-2004, 08:25 PM

All these have their own instructions. You can follow those and its easy. The EGT is basically running the wire through the firewall to wherever you place the probe.

Boost dont know if you got mechanical or not, but I presume you did, so thats basically running the plastic boost line through the firewall.

Fuel pressure is same as EGT, need to run the lines through the firewall for the fuel pressure sending unit that you will put on the SUPPLY side of the fuel line.

Then the rest is +,- wires for lighting. Simple.

Dixit
Old 04-10-2004, 08:56 PM

Ok I went down and looked at everything, took things apart, and have a few questions...

1) the top of the AEM FPR there is a connector Male end, What plugs in there ?..
2) For my Fuel pressure gauge I will have to figure out the Black Box thing that came with it..pretty self explanitory...but I still dont know what goes in all those 12 connector plugs on the side...3 for the gauge, 2 for -+, and the other is the sender ??
3) Can I run the lights in sequence and tap the 12V sourse for the lights, DONT KNOW WHERE TO GET THAT, once, and not three times ??

-matt

And as for the FPR, I am going to running a JWT-ECU and not an FMU so what wilL I connect to the AEM FPR and where ?
Old 04-11-2004, 07:43 AM

Matt...

for the FPR here is how you want your hoses setup...refering to the picture...

i found it easier to turn the unit sideways so i will refer to it how i have it setup, you may or may not want it mounted like i have it.

FRONT plug - 1/8npt - source for gauge. if you have a mechanical like mine you just plug it right in there. if you have an electrical unit, you plug your sender box into that port and then follow the intructions with your gauge.

port on RIGHT (90 degree down) - goes to the RETURN line to the fuel tank.

port on BOTTOM (which is vaguely seen in pic) - fuel rail off fitting. you will need the fuel rail off fitting and then run your hose directly to this port on the FPR.

port on TOP - same as botom, you can use either/or. it is stated in the FPR instructions that they are the same function. you just have to plug the one you are not using.

little vacuum port - tap into a vacuum line "T" it off and run to this little port.

there are several fittings that you will need to pick up if you havent already.

you will need (2) -6AN hose end fittings (the blue and red things shown in pic) however you manipulate your hoses will dtermine what kind of bend you need. i chose a 90 degree. there are various bends out there.

you will need (2) adapter fittings so you can plug your hose ends to the FPR. i cant recall the exact size on the ports of the FPR but you would need the port size going to a -6AN end to plug the fitting on to.

and then you will need a plug that fits the port hole. like i said i cant remember the exact size off the top of my head. but it will be in your FPR instructs.

all these fittings can be had at summitracing.com. i chose the summit brand for the hose ends. and earls is the brand that carries the adapters.

as for lighting up your gauges...i tapped into the ash tray lighting (+) wire. it comes on when the lights are turned on. it took a little bit of time finding a wire that was easily accesible and got 12v when the lights were turned on. but this one does and is easily seen. it is a small wire and kind of a tight fit, so i am not sure how many lights you want to be running off of it. if it can handle 3 lights, i would just tap that ash tray wire once and then split it up 3 ways to your lights.

hope that helps you in some way.

--Paul
Old 04-11-2004, 11:05 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

i was wondering if you could tap the tail light fuse.

they turn on the corner lights and the running tails
Old 04-11-2004, 05:22 PM

Yo matty. If you need help with installin anything I can help ya out..........that is if ya feel like headin to South Jersey.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:32 PM

Requin6,

Thank you, alot clearler then yesterday..

I looked at my FPR and I dont have fittings on the end...well there blue fittings but no threads...kinda just for a fuel line to go up to and get clamped on ?? right ?? pics here if you can see http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/279499
you can also see the connector on top

Where is the return line back to the tank located ??
Also I do have a electrical gauge but I dont think I have a sender unit...I have the BLACK BOX that hooks up to the gauge but then on top of the FPR theres a 3 prong connector that idk

-matt
Old 04-11-2004, 06:44 PM

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/451884/3
if you look at this pic I have that connection on the top of the FPR but no Gauge....I have an electrical unit with a black box but nothing else
-matt
Old 04-13-2004, 09:32 AM

Requin help me out

-matt
Old 04-13-2004, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by matty
Requin6,

Thank you, alot clearler then yesterday..

I looked at my FPR and I dont have fittings on the end...well there blue fittings but no threads...kinda just for a fuel line to go up to and get clamped on ?? right ?? pics here if you can see http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/279499
you can also see the connector on top

Where is the return line back to the tank located ??
Also I do have a electrical gauge but I dont think I have a sender unit...I have the BLACK BOX that hooks up to the gauge but then on top of the FPR theres a 3 prong connector that idk

-matt
matty you can tap off the fuel return line from the line after the fuel pressure regulator the fpr is sending unburnt fuel back to the tank.
all the vacuum hose will tap off the fpr manifold vacuum line.