Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Bad Idea Sending Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 08:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Bad Idea Sending Vortech

Well as alot of you know I sent my V1 Blower out to Vortech before I even put it in just to be on the safe side and pretty much have an almost bulletproof setup..

Well I sent it out over 2 weeks ago and I called up today and the guy stated he has over 92 Blowers on the shelf waiting for a reubild. Supposidly I sent it out during race season witch is the worst time to send it. They havent even gotten back to me on how much $$ to send and whats wrong with it

Well in the mean time im gonna do the little things...PS lines, Horn relocation, upgraded thermostat housing, Gauges are going in. I was was also thinking of doing the gas stuff but I dont know if I can run the FMU without the S/C in...I remember someone saying that If i put the FMU in, just dont hook it up with Vaccum and youll be fine ?? anyone know ?? ....
If not correct, then I can just run a long line from the FPR to the tank, and cut it when im ready and splice in the FMU between the FPR and the tank return...not a big deal

Thanks
-matt
Old 06-03-2004, 09:27 AM

The fmu is only activated by boost pressure, so you can hook it up completely, including the vacuum line. Without boost pressure acting on it, it will allow free flow of fuel back to the gas tank without building up fuel pressure. Fuel pressure will be controlled by your fpr, as usual for NA engines.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:18 AM

You can hook up the FMU no vacuum source. You can hook up the inline stillen Fuel pump and no electricity running to it. You can drop the Walbro in the tank. You might be a tad bit rich. If you have a adjustable FPR you can bring down your FP.

It took me about 2.5 weeks to get my blower back from Vortech. I paid FEDEX next day air to ship it out. To just rebuild the blower shoud be right around $240-$270
Old 06-03-2004, 10:39 AM

matt... you don't actually run a fuel line all the way to the tank...
Old 06-03-2004, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by delio
matt... you don't actually run a fuel line all the way to the tank...
I know..I meant a long one in the engine bay so Ill be albe have enough line to tap in for the FMU...looks like Ill put in the FMU as well with the FPR

I wont be running an inline fuel pump just the walbro and Ill be also running an AEM fpr

-matt