Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Cattman Headers or WSP 3 inch exhaust system?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 02:49 PM
OG :)

Cattman Headers or WSP 3 inch exhaust system?

Which is the better mod for a 3.0-3.125 pulley?
Old 07-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Kenneth
Which is the better mod for a 3.0-3.125 pulley?
Good question. We know from a few boosted people that the 3" Warspeed exhaust gives good gains. We also know the gains for the Cattman headers have been pretty small for NA Maximas. But I don't know if anybody has dynoed a boosted Max with the headers to see if the gains are more substantial when there is more exhaust flow.

Why don't you get some headers and we'll find out? I would love to hear how they sound on a boosted Max. I'll make you a good deal on the install.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
Good question. We know from a few boosted people that the 3" Warspeed exhaust gives good gains. We also know the gains for the Cattman headers have been pretty small for NA Maximas. But I don't know if anybody has dynoed a boosted Max with the headers to see if the gains are more substantial when there is more exhaust flow.

Why don't you get some headers and we'll find out? I would love to hear how they sound on a boosted Max. I'll make you a good deal on the install.
I appreciate the offer. I wanted to see boosted numbers first too.

I just listened to sound clips from SR20den's exhaust and it may not be the tone I desired..
Old 07-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Still Here... IM me for more..

you can see the dyno charts for my 2000 supercharged max going from a y-pipe to the headers... if i remember correctly, without goint to my page myself and seeing, i think it was over a 20 hp jump... i'm not sure a 3" exhaust is going to get you 20+ horses...
Old 07-12-2004, 04:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Kenneth
I appreciate the offer. I wanted to see boosted numbers first too.

I just listened to sound clips from SR20den's exhaust and it may not be the tone I desired..
Got a link?
Old 07-12-2004, 08:46 AM

Got a link?

Here's part of his PM:

here is what i have access to. keep im mind there are several different recordings from different people. i know the ones frosty got of me were taken on a digital camera that could take a small video clip so its not really made for great audio, lol ! the videos of me at the track are with a test pipe on. most people prefer the sound with a cat converter, as do i. i will work on getting those available. On sr20den's 5th gen his car just sounds flat out mean especially when he is flying off in the distance. Plus we all have different exhaust setups.

But in person they are off the charts. A guy at the track I race with placed an order for the headers for his 4th gen after riding in my car about 100 yards. He was absolutely blown away by what the car sounded like.

My car has been down but soon as its fixed im going to work on getting some very good videos.

the links:

the chariot at dragway with test pipe
http://forums.maximaracing.org/viewtopic.php?t=383

test driving in car - one hand on camera-driving with other
http://www.ceasarschariot.com/videos.html

Sr20den - takes off down road with dogs barking in background, lol !

http://www.poweredbynissan.com/vide...N%20Exhaust.avi

iron lung videos - the drive by's
http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.p...arch&query=cams