Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Supercharging Guys PLEASE LOOK

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 10:20 AM
ChristheNite

Supercharging Guys PLEASE LOOK

OK OK, I think I am getting a really good deal on a supercharger i am buying this weekend. Its the Stillen v2 kit with 40,000 miles on it with 3 autometer gauges, and clear corner lights (i know?) and he is asking 1100 cash. What should I be looking for on the kit as far as damages or matinence issues - basically I dont know anything about superchargers and am trying to cheat on my homework here. Also is there a site where I could find pictures of the parts, because this kit is complete as far as this kid knows, i just wanna double check everything. Opinions on the price/kit or whatever welcome - ALSO what else will be neccessary to make this kit complete - upgraded fuelpump, BOV, CAI, clutch (what do you suggest) etc.

Thank soooo much guys!

Old 09-16-2004, 10:25 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

If its still on the car listen to see if it doesn't give off that "marbles in a can" noise. That's a sign of a bearings job. Off the car you won't be able to check this out.

Look in the FAQs above. There's a listing provided of what parts come in the kit.

That's a heck of a price for a used V2 with gauges but also with clear corners? Hope its not hot! Going rate for a new V2 kit is about $3,400.00. Check it out at www.Stillen.com
Old 09-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If you have all the parts and they are not damaged or stripped, the blower can always be rebuilt for $300 or so.

Is there any SC guys in MA that can assist?

Do some reading in this forum for what you need. IF you are running the stock pulley, I would only consider a clutch, or at least have on lined up for when/if yours goes out.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:45 AM

If that kit came with the right bracket for a Maxima, I'd snap it up regardless of blower condition.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:27 PM
ChristheNite

Yeah the kid swears that everything is perfect, I got some good info from steve (the moderator) and I am thinking about snapping this thing up. It's the full stillen kit from the website and the kid garuntee's everythings perfect but he doesnt know if he has EVERY nut and bolt as he didnt install it or uninstall it. I would be willing to pay someone to come with me to check this out as I dont know ANYTHING about SC's but I do know this is an insane deal. I will need some other parts but hopefully this will work out for me and I can join the boosted club. Any SC guys in MA that wanna help me out??

Thanks,

Chris

Old 09-17-2004, 01:05 AM

if i wasn't planning a roof job i would help ya out.
i'm over the mohawk trail
Old 09-17-2004, 08:44 AM
ChristheNite

Roof job! I'd trade labor on that if you wanted to help with my car. I've worked construction every summer since I was 13 (now 21). I can lug shingles with the best of 'em or strip or whatever. Let me know...

Also, would you guys grab this kit if everything seemed ok for 1100 bucks? What are the MAIN things I should make sure are in the kit - i dunno if it's 100% but aslong as I get the important parts, I can always buy the nuts and bolts. Should I just bring the print out from the stillen website and cross things off? Or if I took a picture of everything could you guys deceipher whats what? Thanks guys!!

Old 09-17-2004, 09:19 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Originally Posted by ChristheNite
Should I just bring the print out from the stillen website and cross things off? Or if I took a picture of everything could you guys deceipher whats what? Thanks guys!!
Those are good ideas. Probably checking off against the parts list would be the best idea as you can determine what you're short on.

Since its a V2 make sure the mounting plate looks like this:
Old 09-17-2004, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by ChristheNite
Roof job! I'd trade labor on that if you wanted to help with my car. I've worked construction every summer since I was 13 (now 21). I can lug shingles with the best of 'em or strip or whatever. Let me know...

Also, would you guys grab this kit if everything seemed ok for 1100 bucks? What are the MAIN things I should make sure are in the kit - i dunno if it's 100% but aslong as I get the important parts, I can always buy the nuts and bolts. Should I just bring the print out from the stillen website and cross things off? Or if I took a picture of everything could you guys deceipher whats what? Thanks guys!!
The main items are the blower and the bracket. I would easily buy the kit for $1100 if only these two items were included.

But, other things to look for:

1. crossover pipe (about 1.5-2 ft long, connects blower to maf)
2. 3" 90 degree elbow (connects maf to throttle body)
3. Vortech fmu (go to Vortech website to see what they look like, or ebay always has some for sale)
4. blower oil feed line

Less important stuff:

1. Vortech auxiliary fuel pump (you'll want to run a Walbro intank pump anyway)
2. belt (easy to come by)
3. idler pulley mounted on bracket (ditto)
4. nuts and bolts
5. vacuum hose
6. Bosch bypass valve and recirc hose
7. other stuff I'm not remembering

Too bad you're not down here in Austin, I'd love to help ya.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:07 PM
ChristheNite

OK I think I am gonna get it

Stephenmax - You're the man, thanks for all the help with PM's and posts here!

And if there is anyone in MA, RI or CONN i would love some help with this install and stuff...and I can pay you too.

Old 09-18-2004, 12:42 PM
ChristheNite

any takers?