Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Opinions on the ACT extreme clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 04:46 PM

Opinions on the ACT extreme clutch?

Ok now i am looking into the Act extreme clutch. It uses the same organic disc as the stage1 but uses a more aggressive pressure plate. The added pedal pressure doesn't bother me a bit. But has anyone had any experiance with it? Also if i get this im pretty sure i wont get the fidanza since peole were saying the stage1 Act was bowling it out.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:59 PM

imo its a lil too harsh
Old 09-28-2004, 05:09 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by VQ30DES
Ok now i am looking into the Act extreme clutch. It uses the same organic disc as the stage1 but uses a more aggressive pressure plate. The added pedal pressure doesn't bother me a bit. But has anyone had any experiance with it? Also if i get this im pretty sure i wont get the fidanza since peole were saying the stage1 Act was bowling it out.
Why do you think the stg1 won't work for you?

And I have had the fidinza on my act stg 1 for almost a year and no problems
Old 09-28-2004, 05:10 PM
I'm needing a caw

Cripes. Have you driven ACT's street setup? Even that's pretty hard to push down. Can't imagine their upgrades. If you note, they warn it's not really a street setup. I've been running an ACT with my Fidanza with no problems. Exactly WHO said they "blow up"? If it's Ian you are referring to, he did a massive clutch dump on his so it's difficult to actually tell what exactly did that flywhee in. The clutch or him just sitting there burning his clutch up to high heaven all the way down the track. That probably heated the thing up to some serious high temperatures. ie... a brand new clutch assembly and ruining it in like 1 pass.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:36 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

I had an ACT street disc with my Vortech Max @10psi. It held up perfectly, and clamped hard without any slip. It had zero chatter too. I was truely spoiled with the Max and took little things like that for granted. With the Cobra my King Cobra clutch chatters audibley with the a/c on (and slightly with it off) and my exhaust makes my interior vibrate (mainly ebrake ****) around 2krpm. I guess thats moreso my fault though for running such an open exhaust.

I miss the solidity of the Max, and although I b!tched about certain mods I never realized how good I had it. So IMO STFU and go with the Street Disc, its plenty of clutch for what you need.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:51 PM

yeah i am probably just going to go with the stage1. I really dont know why i was thinking of getting the extreme. But there are the gys with the clutch net 6puck, now that seems pretty rough to me. Well i think i have made up my mind and am going to go with the act stgae 1. Now i do NOT want to turn this into another thread about how the flywheel slows down between shifts and so on, but bags how do like your flywheel. Is it worth the money and more importantly worth the money before i tune my car or get the rest of the exhaust, ect. In other words should it be at the top of the list of mods.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:55 PM

dam, i posted as my brother again. My bad.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:15 PM

I have the ACT Stage 2. It grips hard, but also has clutch chatter and requires excess pedal effort.

For the most part I enjoy the false sense of security for clutch longevity, if i decide to turn up the power.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:41 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by vortechpower
. Now i do NOT want to turn this into another thread about how the flywheel slows down between shifts and so on, but bags how do like your flywheel. Is it worth the money and more importantly worth the money before i tune my car or get the rest of the exhaust, ect. In other words should it be at the top of the list of mods.

Depends on what you want. I switched from an auto to a 5spd, I installed the flywheel when I put everything else in.

If I had to put words to it, it's icing on the cake. If you can afford the $300 NOW, do it.

Jay25 added it to his SC'd 4th gen and SWORE by it.