Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

What to Look for in a Wideband 02 System?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 12:47 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What to Look for in a Wideband 02 System?

I have since decided not to purchase a conventional A/F Gauge since the readings are not a true description of the engines vitals. I want to divert the funds I was going to use and invest in a Wideband System.

I don't know what to look for however, I know there are some systems that can log the readings for later review however what is the advantage of being able to do so?

Also I do know that I want a gauge similar to AEM W/B. Basicaly I don't know what I should be looking for and what is going to be the best bet price wise.

Any other information that can be provided would be helpful.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

JP
Old 10-19-2004, 10:25 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

datalogger is nice. everything else is subjective.

i personally like the zietronix display cuz its a boost, egt, and wb02 all in one digital readout. very nice if you ask me.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by slimer
datalogger is nice. everything else is subjective.

i personally like the zietronix display cuz its a boost, egt, and wb02 all in one digital readout. very nice if you ask me.
Slimer, Man I wish I would have known this, I already purchased an Dual Channel EGT, and my Boost Controller also can monitor boost, however I plan to get a seperate gauge to monitor boost.

Thanks for the recomendation.

JP
Old 10-19-2004, 01:09 PM
superdave2

AFAIK, the Zeitronix can just display those values, the only value it actually generates is the WBO2.

The Innovate LM-1 is a great WBO2 b/c it has a programmable output which can simulate 1v narrowband O2. This means you can use anything you want as a readout (i.e. cheap autometer gauge) and get wideband accuracy. Also, for us 4cyl guys with just one factory O2 sensor, it can replace your factory sensor so your car can read wideband accurately in closed loop - better idle, better emmisions, and better gas mileage.

Innovate is also releasing the LC-1 at SEMA next month. It will not datalog and won't have a built in display but it will be cheaper. This is the one I plan on getting b/c I datalog through the consult.

Old 10-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally Posted by SpeedCrazie
I already purchased an Dual Channel EGT
what brand?? was it Westach?
Old 10-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally Posted by superdave2
AFAIK, the Zeitronix can just display those values, the only value it actually generates is the WBO2.

The Innovate LM-1 is a great WBO2 b/c it has a programmable output which can simulate 1v narrowband O2.
are you sure, I'm pretty sure I read Zeitronix uses a "simulated" narrowband output as well for stock ECUs, gauges, etc....or maybe I read wrong

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm
Old 10-19-2004, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
what brand?? was it Westach?

DA-MAX

I have purchased an Autometer Phantom Gauge Model # 5766.

JP
Old 10-20-2004, 08:01 AM
superdave2

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
are you sure, I'm pretty sure I read Zeitronix uses a "simulated" narrowband output as well for stock ECUs, gauges, etc....or maybe I read wrong

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm
No, you read correctly, the difference is, you can program the LM-1 to output any volt range within 0-5v. The Zeit system is cool but not as cheap as alot of people think. When you add up the WBO2 and controller plus the digital readout, egt probe, and boost sensor probe, the grand total is over $600! That is a lot more than the $279 price (just the controller w/o display)

Old 01-30-2005, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by superdave2
No, you read correctly, the difference is, you can program the LM-1 to output any volt range within 0-5v. The Zeit system is cool but not as cheap as alot of people think. When you add up the WBO2 and controller plus the digital readout, egt probe, and boost sensor probe, the grand total is over $600! That is a lot more than the $279 price (just the controller w/o display)
So if you buy the Innovative LM Unit you can wire a A/F digital gauge to it and have the accuracy from the wideband on a gauge, Correct ??

Did the LC-1 come out yet Dave ??

-matt
Old 01-30-2005, 07:45 PM

Dynojet makes a wideband a/f monitor callled the wideband commander. It comes with an analog 2 1/16" gauge. It can datalog 10minutes of data internally, or output to laptop in real time. It records RPM, A/F, and throttle position. In addtion to gauge output, it can output either a voltage or amperage signal to another device (e-manage?) as well as a programmable output. Comes with software, connects to laptop with USB.

The programmable output uses logic you set up, like if throttle is 100%, RPM is over 3000 and A/F is below 14, then fire nitrous. Could be used for water injection, timing retard, or any other device run from a relay.

Also has a programmable warning light built into gauge

Sells on ebay for $435. Full details at www.widebandcommander.com

I bought one, waiting for gauge pod before installing.