Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Just got a Tial wastegate...question

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Just got a Tial wastegate...question

Got me a 38mm tial wastegate for Christmas today. For those who have one, is there only supposed to be two bolts included even though there is two flanges and 4 bolts needed? Not a big deal, but I would like to have eveything it is supposed to come with for what they cost.

Also, not that it matters at the moment since this won't be used for a couple months, but why are there two nipple things?

Oh, and I got the .4 bar spring with it.

Old 12-24-2004, 07:19 PM
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD
Got me a 38mm tial wastegate for Christmas today. For those who have one, is there only supposed to be two bolts included even though there is two flanges and 4 bolts needed? Not a big deal, but I would like to have eveything it is supposed to come with for what they cost.

Also, not that it matters at the moment since this won't be used for a couple months, but why are there two nipple things?

Oh, and I got the .4 bar spring with it.

The two bolts are used to bolt the wastegate to the flange that will be welded to your exhaust - the other flange can be used to make a dump pipe if you want it. The nipples are there for two reasons. The bottem one - closer to where the current flange is - attaches to the compressor outlet nipple that you will put in. This is what opens up the wastegate whenever it sees .4 bar. The other nipple is what attaches to the boost controller - if you want one. If you don't use a boost controller - then that upper nipple just sits there - you don't even have to close up the nipple.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally Posted by seximagtr
The two bolts are used to bolt the wastegate to the flange that will be welded to your exhaust - the other flange can be used to make a dump pipe if you want it. The nipples are there for two reasons. The bottem one - closer to where the current flange is - attaches to the compressor outlet nipple that you will put in. This is what opens up the wastegate whenever it sees .4 bar. The other nipple is what attaches to the boost controller - if you want one. If you don't use a boost controller - then that upper nipple just sits there - you don't even have to close up the nipple.
Thank you very much!
Old 12-25-2004, 02:13 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

congrats mikey!