Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

To those wanting to turbo their Maxima....read this first

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

To those wanting to turbo their Maxima....

There seems to be alot of people wanting to know how to turbo their Maxima lately. I am not trying to discourage anyone from doing so, it is alot of fun driving a turbo car. But, I feel I need to post this thread for a few reasons.

First, if your going to take on a project like this and you have never built a turbo car before your going to have alot of questions. That is understandable. I had many questions when I started and many thing I did not fully understand. But, your not going to get much help around here if you don't help yourself first. There are ton's of old threads of people going through the struggles to get their turbo up and running. These threads are priceless. You need to be able to search. Donate the $20 and get access to search. It will be your best friend. For myself, I am much less willing to help person out if they can't even take the time to try and figure it out for themselves first.

Second, If your not handy when it comes to working on your car do not try and turbo it. A turbo car requires alot of monitoring and problems solving. It is not like throwing on a y-pipe or intake and forgetting about it. Problems will occur and if you can't fix them yourself your gonna be spending alot of time and money at a repair shop who won't know what they are doing

Third, Taking on a project like this is expensive. There is no way around it. Unless you can fabricate pipes yourself it is gonna be pricey. Don't cut corners to save a few bucks.

To sum it up.

You must do the foot work if you think your gonna get any help from people
here.

Read, read, read

Make sure your not getting in over your head

Spend the money that is required to do it right

AND HERE IS A LINK TO THE INSTALL THREAD...

http://forums.maxima.org/oldthread.php?t=387416

Last edited by Nealoc187; 09-18-2007 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:08 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

And here is the FAQ for Turboing a maxima http://forums.maxima.org/oldthread.p...87#post3107487

And here is something I say in that FAQ......

First and foremost, there is no 100% safe way to turbocharge a stock motor. Nissan engineers spent thousands of hours and millions of dollars designing and testing the stock motor to take all kinds of abuse and still run well and make power.

So by adding another 70-200 horsepower/torque to your engine, you have just surpassed the nissan engineers wildest guess of what a stock motor will be producing. So all of the margins of safety and error they put into the motor to make it run well, you have just taken that away. Even 4 PSI, will put added wear and tear on your motor. I am not saying that it will only last 10,000 miles. I am making you aware that everything your thinking about doing will push your engine's componets much harder than anyone ever planned.

Last edited by Nealoc187; 09-18-2007 at 01:23 PM.