Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Since everyone is posting about trannies, i need opinions on which route to take

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 04:40 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Originally Posted by slimer
I was super lucky. It is number six. Dave Sz and I installed it in about an hour and a half. Dave messed up my nice Se gauges on the install though. yucko.

the digital readout is red and looks great. its just underneath the od button. if the guy in my rotary club can produce the boards, it wont be hard to copy. i will even ask the original guy for his plans.

this is the one that i got
http://www.rcreations.com/manumatic/

Thanks for the link slimer. Wow, it has been years since I read that thread - but I never forgot it. That is fricken insane. Too cool. You are lucky. Enjoy! An hour and a half?! Oh my gosh - it would take me 2 days to do that. I would spend 1.5 hours just to think about where I wanted the digital display, let alone actually installing it. I need a bucket for my drool...
Old 05-24-2005, 08:44 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

IIRC, mardi busted 3rd gear doing back, to back, to back pulls at 15psi.

If you have a working auto right now I would just leave it in untill it fails. But in the mean time I would take your 5spd and have it built just like Mardi did. Cryo, deburred....
Old 05-24-2005, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD
IIRC, mardi busted 3rd gear doing back, to back, to back pulls at 15psi.

If you have a working auto right now I would just leave it in untill it fails. But in the mean time I would take your 5spd and have it built just like Mardi did. Cryo, deburred....
I agree mike. By doing that it would make the 5speed swap cost way more than doing the built auto. HMMM decisions decisions
Old 06-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Licensed to Spell

So what did you pay Slimer, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:26 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

$400. it was such a great deal. i couldnt believe it!
Old 06-01-2005, 02:49 PM

what about doing a swap of the shiftronic tranny in the 04 maxima...04 maxima auto transmission does have 5 gears and i was told is stronger since it has a graphite clutch...i just cant see y it hasnt been done...the only difficult part probably would be the computers...a shiftronic 5speed auto sc'd..would really be rediculous..imo
Old 06-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Originally Posted by slimer
$400. it was such a great deal. i couldnt believe it!

Wanna sell for a profit?
Old 06-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by gameover03
what about doing a swap of the shiftronic tranny in the 04 maxima...04 maxima auto transmission does have 5 gears and i was told is stronger since it has a graphite clutch...i just cant see y it hasnt been done...the only difficult part probably would be the computers...a shiftronic 5speed auto sc'd..would really be rediculous..imo
sounds pretty complicated lots of wiring and computer stuff plus i still garruntee you it would brake if beat on but would have better gearing which would help
Old 06-01-2005, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by subs1000w
sounds pretty complicated lots of wiring and computer stuff plus i still garruntee you it would brake if beat on but would have better gearing which would help

Talk about a job, there is no way in hell i would even attempt it
Old 06-01-2005, 05:01 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

Originally Posted by ptatohed
Wanna sell for a profit?
we will take this to pm. i don't wanna ***** up chris's thread with out banter.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:11 AM
2060lbs and falling...

Screw thw wiring. Actually bolting it up would be the first problem. The lower pan would have to be changed which also means a windage tray needs to be added to the cage as the windage tray isn't bolted to the upper pan as it is on the VQ30.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:58 AM

get the auto. i miss driving auto cars. shifting is fun and all but damn my leg cramps up when i get home.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by huyqvu
get the auto. i miss driving auto cars. shifting is fun and all but damn my leg cramps up when i get home.
see the problem with this thread is its all based on personal opinion

his could be faster with either transmission it all depends on his ability of driving a stick if he suckes his car will be slower than with an auto but if he can DRIVE IT like a few of the members it will be faster with the stick

i think there are 4 types of people

theres some that just dont like shifting at all.

theres some that dont like the manual for daily driving but like it for a weekend sports car.

theres some that if a manual is avalible in the car they want the get it and drive it but would still order a ferrari or lambo without a clutch pedal (F1)

then theres people like me (very few) that would rather drive a 5spd geo metro than anything without a clutch pedal (including F1 shift farraris and lambos)

so everyone opinion is biased alittle some more then others
Old 06-03-2005, 04:47 AM

see the problem with this thread is its all based on personal opinion

his could be faster with either transmission it all depends on his ability of driving a stick if he suckes his car will be slower than with an auto but if he can DRIVE IT like a few of the members it will be faster with the stick

i think there are 4 types of people

theres some that just dont like shifting at all.

theres some that dont like the manual for daily driving but like it for a weekend sports car.

theres some that if a manual is avalible in the car they want the get it and drive it but would still order a ferrari or lambo without a clutch pedal (F1)

then theres people like me (very few) that would rather drive a 5spd geo metro than anything without a clutch pedal (including F1 shift farraris and lambos)

so everyone opinion is biased alittle some more then others
very true what you said. As far as classifying myself i find it fun driving a stick, but haven't really driven enough w/ it to see how it feels day to day.

I am looking for the following from my car:
1) has to be a daily driver to school and work(this includes sitting in bumper to bumper traffic everyday)
2) has to hold 400whp(i will be adding nitrous to my setup)
3) Provides solid 1/4 mile performance.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:52 AM
Licensed to Spell

To me, I'll take an auto any day. I feel like having a stick instead of an auto is like having crank windows instead of power windows. The only thing that makes me lean towards stick (and it is extremely alluring) is the fact that they are faster. If they were equally fast, I wouldn't even look at a manual. If the manual is faster, the 90% of me needs to talk the other 10% of me out of it. Which of course is what happened.