Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Opinions please

I have SCer and 00VI that im going to get installed. I just sent off for my JWT ECU upgrade. My question is this: Should i wait till i get the ECU back and installed before putting in the SCer and 00VI? Or just go ahead and get the SC/00VI put in now and throw the ECU in later. Easier to tune everything up with the ECU already in when i have SCer/00VI put in? Im not the ratio expert so comments/opinions welcome.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:23 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

what are you using for fuel delivery (injectors, maf)?

What size is your pulley (psi)?

If everything is stock, install away.

I would do the 00vi first though, work all the kinks involved with it out.

Are you going to be able to ditch your fmu with your jwt tune?
Old 06-24-2005, 02:48 PM

Stock injectors, 00VI upper manifold on 4th gen lower, 3.25 pulley. So ya basicaly stock install. Dont know about the fmu with JWT tune tho, kinda clueless in that area. Any things i should mention to JWT for my ECU upgrade such as im going to put "this, this and this" in my car? Hopefully Stephen Max will accomplish my install for me and hes "Bill Nye The Maxima Science Guy" so im sure he can work out any kinks that may arise.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:41 PM

If you are getting a JWT ecu, it would be a good idea to upgrade your injectors and maybe a z32 maf and have them programed accordingly.

You will not need the FMU if you use the JWT ecu. Are you getting the boost program or the advanced timing one?

If you have an adjustable FPR and are going to run a walbro, you could consider having JWT program a slightly higher base fuel pressure.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:37 PM

I called JWT and let them know my intentions with mods im installing. I told him i would call him back after getting some info (from here) and let them know what program i need.

Maybe i should just get my 00VI/SC installed and running and then see. Im in no way an engine expert, just pretty good with mechanics in general. Internal workings/pressure,timings im not really knowledgable about.
I was going for the advanced timing ECU program but now you have me thinking.
What does the boost program have to offer that is different? Fuel pressures?
I can call them Mon. and speak with them more in depth. Upgrading my injectors and maf sound good to me. I was just going for the 00VI and SC install but heck might as well go for the whole enchalada while this is all getting done.
Could i upgrade the injectors and maf without a ECU, and just plug and play when it gets to me eventually? Or are those something u need the ECU programming for. In that case i could just do 00VI/SCer and when my ECU gets here i can install the ECU/injectors/Maf at the same time.

If anyone can possibly explain some of the injector and maf differences to me in PM's that would be great.

This is alot of work to take on for me doing all this ordering/pricing/piecing together for all of this just having a basic knowledge of mechanics and what i read from this website. I hate to admit it but alot of info for this project comes from the great people here on the .Org. Id have prolly ordered pieces from 50 different cars by mistake by now if it werent for people helping me out such as Stephen Max. Again, i value everyones knowlege, help (and patience) Theres a light at the end of the tunnel for me on this, almost there.....