Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

very odd happenings

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 06:54 PM

very odd happenings

ok so im driving my car and i realize that the car is trying to accelerate a little even when im not pushing the gas so i slow down and pull over in a parking lot and put the car in neutral because i knew something was up. the car was idling at like 1600 to 2000, i instantly thought vacuum leak so i popped the hood and saw that one of the silicon couplers for the intake was torn.....after i put a new one on the car was fine for a day or so and then it started to do the same thing, once again thinking that it was probably a vacuum leak i popped the hood and checked any hoses and couplers that i could find and they all looked alright. after not finding any vacuum leaks i tried snapping the throttle open which once again would fix it for a moment but as soon as you take the car out of park and put it in any drive gear and give it any gas its back to doing the same thing. does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone experienced this problem before? i really dont think the throttle is sticking but there is the possibility because of the fact the coupler was torn and some crap might have gotten in there. any input would be appreciated.

i didnt want to put this thread in the 5th gen forum cause most of the posts are about what kind of fog lights to put on your car and after reading some of the posts im thinking that a majority of the people that pay attention to that part of the forum arent that mechanically inclined.