Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Gauging Interest: FS: V1 S/C Plate

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 10:46 AM
Paradox Systems Vendor

bump for ya....my buddy may be interested as well....
Old 08-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

V1 SC Plate

Does anyone "really" know why the V1 plate is better than the V2?
Many claim that it doesn't have the belt problems that the V2 does, but what is there about these that causes the V2 to have problems when the V1 doesn't? Alignment? Flex?
Aside from all the guesswork, does anyone "really" know?
Old 08-21-2005, 07:09 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

the v2 is made out of aluminum and it definitely flexes. The v1 is a simpler design and is made out of steel.

Matty-still working on a timetable? I will purchase one as soon as you get the cnc hooked up. Thanks for doing this.
Steve
Old 08-21-2005, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by slimer
the v2 is made out of aluminum and it definitely flexes. The v1 is a simpler design and is made out of steel.

Matty-still working on a timetable? I will purchase one as soon as you get the cnc hooked up. Thanks for doing this.
Steve
Tomorrow...I promise..Im off of school and work finally for one day..Ill de takin a ride down there and ill talk to him. ive been really busy guys...

Once I get a round about price, Ill make a new thread with complete prices.
-Steel V1 Plate
-Modified Thermostat Housing
-Idler Pulley

Once I get 10-15 definete Orders, Ill have them made all out of my pocket...once their made, ill take orders, money..shipping will be fast once their made

**Let me get pricing first then Ill check back** it may winde up to be too much or the guy may be too busy to do it**

-matt
Old 08-22-2005, 05:24 AM

Another reason that the V1 bracket is better is dimensional stability under thermal loading. Steel expands about half as much as aluminum does when it gets hot.

I wonder if most belt misalignment problems with V2 kits happen when the engine is hot and the plate starts warping.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Licensed to Spell

Too bad our cars don't have self-adjusting pulley tensioners. My SHO has one.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by ptatohed
Too bad our cars don't have self-adjusting pulley tensioners. My SHO has one.
It's actually a good thing we don't. You would never be able to get a SC belt tight enough with the self-adjusting tensioner, especially with the smaller SC pullies.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

bump for matty
Old 08-22-2005, 12:23 PM

Wheels are in motion..The blower comes off this afternoon, and goes down for drawings on Thur..prices will be up after he draws it up, and get material and labor costs.

This is looking good guys

-matt
Old 08-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
It's actually a good thing we don't. You would never be able to get a SC belt tight enough with the self-adjusting tensioner, especially with the smaller SC pullies.

Really? I just figured your could use a little shorter of a belt to increase tension. So how come the supercharged SHO guys don't have problems with belt tension?
Old 08-22-2005, 08:35 PM

matty, even if its a little too much to mass produce it, I still may be interested. I guess its time to ebay the trenz grilles and some xtra tires...
Old 08-22-2005, 08:38 PM

matty, even if its a little too much to mass produce it, I still may be interested. I guess its time to ebay the trenz grilles and some xtra tires...
I have the blower off the car, and the blower off the plate...Its all ready to go down there first thing in the morning

I wont have pricing tomorrow, but in a few days I should know exactly how much its going to be..

I looks like the bolts for the blower onto the plate are the same at the V2 and the little bolts for the crank case are the same as well

-matt
Old 08-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Paradox Systems Vendor

bump...another quick question, with the v1 plate, u dont need the "Belt Adjuster/Pulley Bracket" that you need along with the v2 plate? thats one less area the belt has to be routed with the v1....is this correct?
Old 08-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by TJ_Max
bump...another quick question, with the v1 plate, u dont need the "Belt Adjuster/Pulley Bracket" that you need along with the v2 plate? thats one less area the belt has to be routed with the v1....is this correct?

True, but it still needs to be routed around the stock adjuster/pulley. Right?
Old 08-23-2005, 12:54 PM

Yes, the V1 kit routes the belt around the oem tensioner pulley.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:00 PM

Everything is in the works. Should be about a week or two before the first ones are sent out

Thanks everyone

-matt
Old 08-23-2005, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
Yes, the V1 kit routes the belt around the oem tensioner pulley.
thats a very nice attribute to have. it also makes for more belt contact. time to get me another one....
Old 08-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Paradox Systems Vendor

Originally Posted by matty
Everything is in the works. Should be about a week or two before the first ones are sent out

Thanks everyone

-matt

very nice...matty ure the man....dying to know wut this costs so ppl know how much to save up....
Old 08-23-2005, 11:56 PM
Paradox Systems Vendor

Originally Posted by ptatohed
True, but it still needs to be routed around the stock adjuster/pulley. Right?
yes it is...ure going to have to make an addition to ure supercharger install bible and add this in...u know a lotof us installed our blowers using ure write up so u have to add in the v2 instructions with the v1 plate now...

out of curiousity...when converting from the v2 to the v1 blower...the old headache was installing the upper pulley, then the lower pulley around that adjuster/pulley bracket and getting that screw in with ure fingers...then tightening...with very little space (you guys know what im talking about, its the biggest pain in the a$$ with a v2 install) what will be the procedure now that you are using the OEM adjuster pulley? did the install become much simpler without that? or is this still necessary....ive gotta see a pic of a v1 plate and v2 plate side by side...

thats a very nice attribute to have. it also makes for more belt contact. time to get me another one....
hell yeah its a nice attribute to have, matty is the man..
Old 08-24-2005, 12:19 AM

out of curiousity...when converting from the v2 to the v1 blower...the old headache was installing the upper pulley, then the lower pulley around that adjuster/pulley bracket and getting that screw in with ure fingers...then tightening...with very little space (you guys know what im talking about, its the biggest pain in the a$$ with a v2 install) what will be the procedure now that you are using the OEM adjuster pulley? did the install become much simpler without that? or is this still necessary....ive gotta see a pic of a v1 plate and v2 plate side by side....
V1 installation is pretty simple...the pulley is on the plate before you go drop the plate into the engine bay. Then the bolts are put through the plate, and the stock tensioner pulley is still used. The belt Routing is fairly simple. I will most likely Copy the instructions from when I did it and send it with the Plates...

Remember, before you go and install the Modified Thermostat Housing, you will need to shave a little bit off the top of your alternator...I used a Dremel with an Aluminum shaver attachment on it. Its fairly simple if you have patients..
The stock mounting plate for the top of the Alternator is taken off, and the bottom bolt on the V1 plate, that I will also be supplying, will fasten to the Alternator, now thats it just hanging there..It makes sense once you see it in person or on a drawing..

-Matt
Old 08-24-2005, 07:23 AM

did you have to shift the position of the alternator on your first install like the v2 guys?

If not, then some of us need to move the alternator back to the correct position.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:32 AM
Licensed to Spell

yes it is...ure going to have to make an addition to ure supercharger install bible and add this in...u know a lotof us installed our blowers using ure write up so u have to add in the v2 instructions with the v1 plate now...

I could do that TJ. Now that I am out of school (finally - it only took 11 years ), I have more free time. In fact, I have a little list off to the side of things I want to add/delete/modify to the write-up. When I transferred my SC from my '96 to my '99 a few months ago, I used my own write-up and found several places that could use a re-do. So yeah, if someone shoots a million pics and gives me a detailed verbal/written description of the V1 plate install, I could incorporate it.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:18 AM

did you get any prices yet i need one bad pm with a price
Old 08-24-2005, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by 01ctmax
did you get any prices yet i need one bad pm with a price
Ill receive prices in a few days..you guys will be the first to know

Im having 11 made....if 11 sell out fast, and people still want them, then Ill take orders and have another batch made. I will not have him make 1 here and 1 there..there needs be a good amount of interest for me to go through with making any more than the original batch.

-matt
Old 08-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Paradox Systems Vendor

well im calling definite on one of the first 11 made matty

Josh, maybe you can incorporate mattys write up....ill try and take as many pics as possible and email em to u...probably wont be til i get the plate from matty though...

and did u take a poll or ask how many ppl read through and used ure write up? hows that for feedback? and curious as to whether or not u showed it to stillen...

in any event, back to the subject...bump for the v1 plate....
Old 08-24-2005, 01:41 PM

Awesome that this is going to get done. keep us updated i am very interested.
Is there anywhere i can start looking to get information on what additional parts i will need other than the supercharger?
Old 08-24-2005, 02:04 PM
Licensed to Spell

Josh, maybe you can incorporate mattys write up....ill try and take as many pics as possible and email em to u...probably wont be til i get the plate from matty though...

and did u take a poll or ask how many ppl read through and used ure write up? hows that for feedback? and curious as to whether or not u showed it to stillen...

Mr. TJ,
No, I never took a poll. The only numbers I have are based on PMs/e-mails I get thanking me (those are very much appreciated by the way). I'd say since 2002, I receive maybe 3-5 PMs/e-mails per year of that nature.
As for feedback, I have actually received close to nothing. Thank-you's are nice but I was also hoping for opinions, corrections, constructive criticism and the one I was looking most forward to: how long did the install take with my instructions? No feedback of that sort.
I did show it to Stillen. To Adam Hume, in fact. While he liked it, he said all the other guys said I bashed Stillen too much - lol. I have no indication that my write-up affected Stillen in any way. In fact, they have re-done there instructions slightly since 2002 and when I look at their new instructions, I see no influence of my write-up on theirs.
Thanks for asking.

- Josh
Old 08-24-2005, 02:14 PM

Well actually the stillen instructions on the V1 kit for putting the plate on, arent too far off..the pics can be revised for sure cause there too close up and not clear at all... I can probably snap a few and post them up here with pics of the plate..

-matt
Old 08-24-2005, 03:19 PM

Josh-on my install I treated your write-up like gold. I have a few suggestions of my own, after having two cracked brackets, just a sentence would have probably saved me. Anyway, it was definitely a nice tool to have.

Matty-I don't think that you will have a problem selling those first 11 plates. Why 11 though?
Old 08-24-2005, 06:30 PM

Matty-I don't think that you will have a problem selling those first 11 plates. Why 11 though?
Well when I first got the idea there were about 11 people that were really interested in the plates...I can always have more made

Plus, its one more then 10

-matt
Old 08-24-2005, 08:04 PM

i love the spinal tap reference.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:31 AM
Paradox Systems Vendor

Josh, that freakin bites...u did kinda poke at stillen a bit though, lol...with ure instructions (read them about 6 or 7 times already) i can pretty much breeze right through the install.....i actually corrected u in a pm i believe...i dont remember exactly but i think u acknowledged it...in any event...just keep in mind that there are guys out there, like slimer, that treat it like gold, and just never thought to say something to u before...

how long did it take u to install it on the second car, by the way...

and if correct here...the biggest pain in the v2 install is gone when ure installing the v1 now
Old 08-25-2005, 11:15 AM
brotherhood of tq

hey tj u went boost?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Paradox Systems Vendor

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
hey tj u went boost?

Hi, I live in Brooklyn, NY. They steal cars here, therefore, "im all motor for life".

u got PM, lol
Old 08-26-2005, 10:54 PM

UPDATE::

Well I got a price on:

1) Steel V1 Plate (NO Belt issues due to alignment, NO melted Pulley Issues)
2) FennerDrive Pulley (The exact one that came with the Stillen kit...They were extra but its a quality part with NO belt aligment issues like the Dayco)
3) Stock Thermostat housing..(there all ordered, im just waiting for them to come in.
4) 2 bolts (one for the alternator and one for the idler pulley) all your other V2 bolts will work...

Im still waiting for a price on the modified thermostat housing...I dont wanna post up any kind of Final price yet, due to the fact that I dont have pics to back it up, and Im still waitin for price on the modified thermostat housing...after that Ill add it all up and post it up..I dont really want to post a price and jsut leave it out there...just a price with NO pics, it kinda weak...

Give me some time, but this is coming together pretty well..I hope these sell

-matt
Old 08-27-2005, 06:11 AM

nice, college loan here i come.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by matty
UPDATE::

Well I got a price on:

1) Steel V1 Plate (NO Belt issues due to alignment, NO melted Pulley Issues)
2) FennerDrive Pulley (The exact one that came with the Stillen kit...They were extra but its a quality part with NO belt aligment issues like the Dayco)
3) Stock Thermostat housing..(there all ordered, im just waiting for them to come in.
4) 2 bolts (one for the alternator and one for the idler pulley) all your other V2 bolts will work...

Im still waiting for a price on the modified thermostat housing...I dont wanna post up any kind of Final price yet, due to the fact that I dont have pics to back it up, and Im still waitin for price on the modified thermostat housing...after that Ill add it all up and post it up..I dont really want to post a price and jsut leave it out there...just a price with NO pics, it kinda weak...

Give me some time, but this is coming together pretty well..I hope these sell

-matt
Great matty, would it be possible for you to outline what else we are going to need for this kit?
Old 08-27-2005, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by zack342
Great matty, would it be possible for you to outline what else we are going to need for this kit?
Youll need nothing else but a Belt. Im not sure about the size difference from V2 to V1 but Ill research that size you will need once the first kits start going out. I was thinking about buying belts and having them included in the kit, but its much to hard to guesstimate the different pulleys that people are using, and be able to stock those size belts. Plus, anything to keep the cost down is in my favor, so I can sell these....there costing a good amount just to have made, source the pullies and such.

Im suppling everyone with the bolt and washer you'll need to hold the alternator, and the bolt for the idler pulley onto the plate. There will be a brand NEW thermostat with every kit and a gasket to go along with it, so you wont have to go out and get that...Once pics are up, youll see everything...There really isnt anything else I can think of...Ill think about it, but i cant really think of much else

-matt
Old 08-27-2005, 11:19 AM

youre the man ;bump
Old 08-27-2005, 12:01 PM

diiesel21

Your not on the list I have on page one, do you want to be added as interested ??

-matt

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest: FS: V1 S/C Plate