Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

for those looking for turbo piping

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 05:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Old 11-08-2005, 01:28 PM

he vanished, he got abducted NO!!! lol hopefully when he gets back he has everything ready
Old 11-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

He's probably replenishing he energy by eating a big bowl of "flie lice"

Mingolololololololololololol ^_^
Old 11-08-2005, 07:04 PM

i was out busy keeping a close eye on the manufacture.. they're making me real upset.. hella in debt now..
Old 11-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Turbo is too much fun!

care to ellaborate? Does this mean a no go on the pipes? Looks like I'm gonna have to make new plans
No offense but my patience have run out. Unless something miraculous happens. I'm gonna find another source of piping. Good Luck!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:30 PM

, please don't tell me this.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:50 PM

pipes should go on sale by the end of the week
buckling everything down now
Old 11-08-2005, 09:55 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

Originally Posted by jcy98maxse
care to ellaborate? Does this mean a no go on the pipes? Looks like I'm gonna have to make new plans
No offense but my patience have run out. Unless something miraculous happens. I'm gonna find another source of piping. Good Luck!
Phantom Editor.

Pics before Pipes Mingo.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:03 PM

of course man... i'll post the pix..

i'm not offended if anyone ends up wanting to do their own pipes because this did take too long, i've run out of patients on this thing too. the lesson i learned from this is to keep quiet until i have a product to sell.. i had no clue the maufacture would be this way.. i was promised a full pipe kit within' 2 weeks of the initial start up date. and look what has happened. you guys can complain all you like, just know what you guys feel right now is 10x what i've been feeling. it's been rough but i'll pull through.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Turbo is too much fun!

Originally Posted by slimer
Phantom Editor.

Pics before Pipes Mingo.
I didn't realize that I was invisible mode, Sorry Mingo for being an a$$. I was working on a 5 page paper when I read your post and it just pinched a nerve thats all. I hope the pipes do go on sale by the week's end that would really save the trouble of getting custom piping done which was my plan on Thurs. we'll definately have to see now that there some progress made.

BTW - Silmer, did you get my pm? Wanna apologize on our thing not working out. PM me if you like.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Turbo is too much fun!

Editing 35 mins later was cuz I wrote something that didn't make sense (happens when you go back and forth between screens) after rereading it 30 mins later I had to change a few things
Old 11-09-2005, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by jcy98maxse
I didn't realize that I was invisible mode, Sorry Mingo for being an a$$. I was working on a 5 page paper when I read your post and it just pinched a nerve thats all. I hope the pipes do go on sale by the week's end that would really save the trouble of getting custom piping done which was my plan on Thurs. we'll definately have to see now that there some progress made.

BTW - Silmer, did you get my pm? Wanna apologize on our thing not working out. PM me if you like.
your frutstration is understandable. i took this quarter off school 1)because i spent my tuition on the project 2) because i wanted to make sure things could get done and i know that it takes alot of time that i wouldn't have if i went to school.. i took a huge leap of faith and now it seems like i'm falling in an endless pit. i've been doing everything i can in my power to get this thing complete, everything else is in the hands of the manufacture. fortunately, the production peices will be built by the workers and not the owner, so they won't take long to ship once an order is placed. i'm also going to draft a contract for the manufacture to ensure that all production parts will be ready for shipping within a certain amount of time.
once again i apologize for these annoying delays.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:02 AM
Turbo is too much fun!

Originally Posted by mingo
your frutstration is understandable. i took this quarter off school 1)because i spent my tuition on the project 2) because i wanted to make sure things could get done and i know that it takes alot of time that i wouldn't have if i went to school.. i took a huge leap of faith and now it seems like i'm falling in an endless pit. i've been doing everything i can in my power to get this thing complete, everything else is in the hands of the manufacture. fortunately, the production peices will be built by the workers and not the owner, so they won't take long to ship once an order is placed. i'm also going to draft a contract for the manufacture to ensure that all production parts will be ready for shipping within a certain amount of time.
once again i apologize for these annoying delays.
Good to know that there no harding feelings between us. I will wait now that its so close to getting done. Most definitely get a contract drafted so you won't get screw by them, you got to protect your investments. I hope you make your money back, your tuition $ and then some.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:08 AM

i spent way more than my tuition money on this.. i'm living off of credit now
i definately hope i can sell these fast so i can recover from this whole ordeal.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:20 AM
Turbo is too much fun!

I'm sure you will.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:15 AM

you will
Old 11-09-2005, 10:07 AM
KH3 by popular demand

i spent way more than my tuition money on this.. i'm living off of credit now
i definately hope i can sell these fast so i can recover from this whole ordeal.
Motion: if no one has a sig to put the pipes link in it. Mingo put his rep and money on the line for us, it's the least we can do. Shift_respect.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by maxgtr2000
Motion: if no one has a sig to put the pipes link in it. Mingo put his rep and money on the line for us, it's the least we can do. Shift_respect.
thanks man i really appreciate the support =D
Old 11-10-2005, 08:30 PM

the anticipation is eating my head up.. lol hopefully he has pictures soon!! common unknown manufacture hurry up!
Old 11-11-2005, 03:56 AM

i was out there until 11pm last night bolting things up, just have to go out there again tomorrow morning to finish installing the boost gauge, and rising rate FPR. pix will come soon. but the pix is not of the final product. the manufacture broke one of the madrel bending dies for one of the radius bends so that adds an extra weld for the test peice.. 10 full kits will be in stock by thanksgiving. i sat down and talked to the manufacture and made an agreement with them.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:30 AM

i was out there until 11pm last night bolting things up, just have to go out there again tomorrow morning to finish installing the boost gauge, and rising rate FPR. pix will come soon. but the pix is not of the final product. the manufacture broke one of the madrel bending dies for one of the radius bends so that adds an extra weld for the test peice.. 10 full kits will be in stock by thanksgiving. i sat down and talked to the manufacture and made an agreement with them.
why does the boost guage and stuff matter? It just seems like you are building your turbo kit for yourself. Then the manufactor will actually make the pipes. So your going to build a kit, get it running. Then your going to take off your pipes, and have them make 10 full kits? Full kit consisting of feed pipe, downpipe, intercooler pipes, and intercooler?
Old 11-11-2005, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by spanishrice
why does the boost guage and stuff matter? It just seems like you are building your turbo kit for yourself. Then the manufactor will actually make the pipes. So your going to build a kit, get it running. Then your going to take off your pipes, and have them make 10 full kits? Full kit consisting of feed pipe, downpipe, intercooler pipes, and intercooler?
i can't just build some pipes, have it look good, and build 10 kits off of that one pipe that "looks like it works" and then sell it to the public and end up having things melt all over the place or welds cracking due to the inadequate support brackets.. my car is manual, and the car everything is built on is auto, so trust me, i'm not building this kit just for myself. i'm trying to offer something that can last the life of the car and then some, not something that "kind of fits." the Fixture/ Jig has already been built off the prototype piping so as soon as everything checks out ok, then production will begin for 10 peices. so i do not have to wait to take the pipes off again for him to copy it.

i figure i'de put that out there to clarify a few things. because the impression i have from some private messages and responses in this post is that I am just trying to build a kit for myself and "might" duplicate it. What really is going on is, I've started a company up, and this is my first product so it sure as hell best be better than just a mediocer product.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Turbo is too much fun!

This stuff matters when Mingo's trying to get the sponsor car running first so we will know if it actually work well, questions like how fast it spools, or if its banging anything when the motor's actually moving can only be addressed when the install is complete. Thats why we've been waiting on this for so long. I wouldn't want to spend a good amount of money on a set off pipes that would break or crack or give me problems down the road hence I didn't want to do my own piping. BTW- if Mingo said that 10 kits will be available by thanksgiving then its not much longer of a wait. We've waited what 2 months now, whats a another 10 days....

Mingo will the 10 kits be able to be shipped by thanksgiving?
Old 11-11-2005, 11:55 AM

, sorry for being a **** this morning. The cut off my power with any prior notice so I was sitting in the dark, using my girlfriends laptop, while she has to take a shower in complee darkness. I was upset at my apartments and not you. Sowy.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Turbo is too much fun!

I think we all had our own little episode of frustrations unrealated to this thread but some how we choose to take it out on Mingo.
I just think going turbo for some of us is a way out of our daily stress so if Mingo's kits does come by thanksgiving, then we all really have something to be thankful about...
Old 11-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Where are the pipes?

Old 11-11-2005, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Y2KevSE
Where are the pipes?

they'de be ready if you wouldn't stop lagging on building them.. just kidding...

having a turbo definately will bring a smile to a person when their day absolutly sucked. or at least for me it'll do that.. shooting for thangiving shipment. however, there is a catch to that and that is that unless otherwise specified, all pipes will be shipped out with the standard t3/t4 hybrid 4bolt downpipe flange. to keep the prices down, mild steel flanges will be used, the flanges are extra thick. i will however give the option of SS flanges, but the buyer has to supply it, the manufacture is unwilling to CNC SS flanges because it takes too long. if you guys can find me a place that has the flanges in stock ready to ship in SS for the manifold to y pipe. i will be at the manufacture everyday until those pipes are fully built and ready to ship and that includes weekends. sorry if what i'm typing seems a bit scattered. i just got back from the manufacture and i've been there for the past 14 hours, with only 3 hours of sleep each day for the past week.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:22 PM

they'de be ready if you wouldn't stop lagging on building them.. just kidding...

having a turbo definately will bring a smile to a person when their day absolutly sucked. or at least for me it'll do that.. shooting for thangiving shipment. however, there is a catch to that and that is that unless otherwise specified, all pipes will be shipped out with the standard t3/t4 hybrid 4bolt downpipe flange. to keep the prices down, mild steel flanges will be used, the flanges are extra thick. i will however give the option of SS flanges, but the buyer has to supply it, the manufacture is unwilling to CNC SS flanges because it takes too long. if you guys can find me a place that has the flanges in stock ready to ship in SS for the manifold to y pipe. i will be at the manufacture everyday until those pipes are fully built and ready to ship and that includes weekends. sorry if what i'm typing seems a bit scattered. i just got back from the manufacture and i've been there for the past 14 hours, with only 3 hours of sleep each day for the past week.
For a V-band we can just cut the flange off, and have the v-band welded on right?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:02 PM

For a V-band we can just cut the flange off, and have the v-band welded on right?
yes but if you let me know ahead of time i can have it built with a vband flange on it.. the downpipe is 2 peices for that very reason, so no cutting would be involved for you guys. you can just switch the top portion of the downpipe out without removing the whole dowpipe.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:05 AM
Turbo is too much fun!

Well just so you know mingo, I'll need a V-band flange welded on, I can mail you one along with a T4 inlet flange(if you don't have one), if that would save me some money and save you time. Let me know and I'll send them to you as soon as I get them from the mail.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:36 AM
I scam therefore I am

naplesmaxima aka Tommyali the scammer!'s Avatar

is this something like what you are making?

Old 11-12-2005, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by naplesmaxima

hes making a foward y-pipe, that is a reverse y-pipe setup.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:58 AM
I scam therefore I am

naplesmaxima aka Tommyali the scammer!'s Avatar

so the red pipe goes towards the front of the car?
Old 11-12-2005, 10:28 AM

so the red pipe goes towards the front of the car?
yes, toward the radiator.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:14 AM

its a good thing that mingo actually cares for his customers and doesnt just make a product and go and sell it without knowing if it will bring problems.. gladly appreciate everything mingo you will sell plenty of those kits
Old 11-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Former Sponsor

I've lagged on my own projects for years, but now mingo is finally doing it its worth the wait, I've known this guy for over 4 years and one thing I can say about him is he takes a long time sometimes, but whatever it is, its worth the wait... I know what he's going through... with things like this nothing ever works as expected, so lets just be patient and wait for the first quality set of pipes to be produced...
Old 11-13-2005, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by carnal_c30
I've lagged on my own projects for years, but now mingo is finally doing it its worth the wait, I've known this guy for over 4 years and one thing I can say about him is he takes a long time sometimes, but whatever it is, its worth the wait... I know what he's going through... with things like this nothing ever works as expected, so lets just be patient and wait for the first quality set of pipes to be produced...
thanks malik..

unfortunately i was unable to go into the manufacture today and will not be going tomorrow because the owner is away. i will definately be there on monday early in the morning.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:24 AM

Not sure if you if you considered this, but have you considered running the intercooler piping across the top of the intercooler to from the turbo instead of across the top of the engine. Not only does it eliminate some 90 degree bends but the air temp is lower which is always a good thing. Essentially the the piping going to and from the intercooler run up the same side of the driverside where the CAI would go. However the fuse box will need to be moved left for both pipes to run behind it. Just some food for thought!!!

Old 11-13-2005, 12:30 PM

Thats a nice setup you have. I was planning to do the exact same thing except use a same side inlet/outlet intercooler so the pipe does not have to be run over the intercooler. Right now, I think im going to have the compressor outlet go across in front of the valve cover and the cold side will go to the TB like the PR CAI. Do you have any other pics of the intercooler and charge piping?
Old 11-13-2005, 12:45 PM

I can get more pics but let me give credit where credit is due....This is Royal_T's I30. I just got to see alot of the work SGP did on it when we would go to houston to check up on it during the whole process.

A same side inlet/outlet intercooler would work beautifully in there, even less piping!!!

Quick Reply: for those looking for turbo piping