Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Will it fit? (No pun intended)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 08:59 PM

Will it fit? (No pun intended)

My friend is willing to sell me a turbokit (pretty much everything included) from a 92 Civic for $400. I know at first I asked what was wrong but he said it was used and that some of the stuff inside needed to be fixed, which he would do himself. I would like to know if it is worth it. He said that all I need to buy is a downpipe, intercooler, and vaccum lines.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Alex_V

tiny 4cyl, to med sized 6. Your going to have instant boost, no top end and bad efficency unless he totaly over sized his turbo. then you'll have a decent turbo. either way have fun...

~Alex

Old 09-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Turbo is too much fun!

Dont recommend it, more then likely many of the items on the civic would not work for a max. ie turbo (being too small), oil lines, piping... the list goes on. If you own a civic then it may be worth it but otherwise no.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:15 PM
SLOW

Your friend is retarded if he told you all you need to make a civic turbo kit work on your maxima is a downpipe, intercooler and vacuum lines. Also, if you believed his statement, you need to do ALOT more research before attempting to turbo your car or you are heading for inevitable disaster.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
Your friend is retarded if he told you all you need to make a civic turbo kit work on your maxima is a downpipe, intercooler and vacuum lines. Also, if you believed his statement, you need to do ALOT more research before attempting to turbo your car or you are heading for inevitable disaster.
He said that's what I would need to buy that's not included. It comes with the wastegate, blow-off valve, ect. It's just those things that he doesn't have for me.
So for the Civic turbo on Max action you guys are saying that I would be losing top end speed, or will it be the same as I have but I won't get a boost?
Old 09-22-2005, 09:46 PM

It wouldn't work very well he means. With small turbos it takes alot less exhaust to turn the wheel, ie creating boost. 6cyl makes alot more exhaust then a 4cyl, and you could be pushing the turbo to the limit all the time. You would have power as soon as you hit the gas, but up around 5,000 it would just die, maybe sooner.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:25 PM
brotherhood of tq

if u have a spare civic then it would work great
Old 09-23-2005, 12:24 AM
SLOW

Originally Posted by Garrick
He said that's what I would need to buy that's not included. It comes with the wastegate, blow-off valve, ect. It's just those things that he doesn't have for me.
So for the Civic turbo on Max action you guys are saying that I would be losing top end speed, or will it be the same as I have but I won't get a boost?

What I'm saying is he doesn't know what he's talking about because that is NOT all you would need to adapt it to a maxima. In addition to the three very, very basic things he listed, what are you going to do for fuel management? Injectors? Feed pipe, IC piping, timing control, couplers, oil feed and return, gauges, clutch, and the list goes on. Not to mention the fact that the turbo will be horribly sized for your engine. There are thousands of dollars worth of things you would need in addition to any kit made for another type of car, to make said kit work on your car. And even once you got this kit working on your car, you'd still have a rediculously sized turbo that you'd want to upgrade in about 3 days anyways.

These are the facts. You need to learn alot more about what is involved in making a custom turbo setup on your car.

So in short, no, do not buy this kit from your friend. Or actually you could probably just buy it from him and turn around and sell it for more money and make a profit, but that wouldn't be very nice to do to your friend.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:55 AM

Thanks guys for the info.
Originally Posted by Nealoc187
Or actually you could probably just buy it from him and turn around and sell it for more money and make a profit, but that wouldn't be very nice to do to your friend.
Hey, all is fair in love and war.