Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Supercharger install (almost) complete... question

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Boosted like Snipes tax refund

Supercharger install (almost) complete... question

How the hell did you guys loosen and tighten the belt tensioner with the blower on???

It's barely accessible as of now... Also, I am trying to put the darned belt on, and it's the hardest damn thing to do ever (FAR harder than the stock belt). I can't seem to get ANY slack at all. Any advice or special tools? I am open to almost any suggestion save the old "cut it and tape it back together" bs...
Old 09-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by RichMax
How the hell did you guys loosen and tighten the belt tensioner with the blower on???

It's barely accessible as of now... Also, I am trying to put the darned belt on, and it's the hardest damn thing to do ever (FAR harder than the stock belt). I can't seem to get ANY slack at all. Any advice or special tools? I am open to almost any suggestion save the old "cut it and tape it back together" bs...
Long Extention with a swivel head on the end, matched with a 14MM socket

As long as your using the right belt for your application, just put it around everything BUT the MAIN pulley on the motor (harmonic balancer), make sure the tensioner is ALL the way lose, and get alittle of the belt on the pulley and turn the pulley with a 17mm?? rachet. It will turn and sequentially turn the belt on. Thats what I do

-matt
Old 09-25-2006, 03:56 AM
Boosted like Snipes tax refund

Originally Posted by matty
just put it around everything BUT the MAIN pulley on the motor (harmonic balancer), make sure the tensioner is ALL the way lose, and get alittle of the belt on the pulley and turn the pulley with a 17mm?? rachet. It will turn and sequentially turn the belt on. Thats what I do

-matt

Are you referring to the largest pulley? (the one located the farthest towards the rear of the car)? I also assume that you get the belt onto the top of the main pulley first and then turn the pulley clockwise... is that correct?
Old 09-25-2006, 06:20 AM
oh noes!!!!1111

i think i used a swivel head with a some extensions. I loosened all of the tension from the tensioner and placed the belt around every pulley but the A/C one. I found it to be the easiest to slide the belt on and off. If there still isn't enough slack you could do what matty suggested but i left the a/c pulley last again.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Like Matty said,

ratchet>loooong extension>elbow> 14mm socket. Piece of cake.

As far as your belt, it should not be difficult. I think either your tensioner pulley isn't loose enough yet, or you have the wrong belt.