Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Boost/Vacuum, boost driven cutout installed, possible leak?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Paradox Systems Vendor

Boost/Vacuum, boost driven cutout installed, possible leak?

Well, I got the ATP cutout. It has an actuator on it, when it sees 5psi, the cutout opens up. FOr some reason I revved the car at idle up to 6k, now, i'm supercharged 2.87" pulley, etc. The BOV sounds off good, everything runs fine, my mevi butterflies still don't open up from before. Could this all be the result of a boost leak? I guess it's time to get a cheap boost gauge from somewhere, but i was avoiding this since the wideband i bought somes with one. Maybe the vacuum line I am using for the mevi, and cutout is leakin from somewhere? Either way, im sure im gonna get 5psi to at least open up that cutout. THe car also pulls hard still. Do I need some kind of LOAD on this for it to work? BTW I even T'd off the line going to my BOV and the flap still wont friggin open. I'm stumped. It would make sense why the mevi butterflies arent working either, but why does my BOV work if thats T'd off from the hose going to my mevi vacuum canister, etc??

Anyone else have this cutout that can help me?
Old 10-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Administrator

TJ,
If you BOV works fine, it seems to me that you have the proper amount of vacuum and you don't have a leak (on that line anyway). Sounds like you have two separate issues going between the cutout and the MEVI not working. They could be related, but it's hard to say without seeing pics, and knowing your entire setup. (at least for me it is) At this point, I think you need to post pics of your setup/list your modifications and then maybe we'll spot something.

If you have a wideband with boost guage, why not install it instead of buying a cheapo boost guage or temporary one? I can't remember from your other thread, but have you replaced/tested the actuator, relay, and RPM switch etc etc (all things that can go bad) on the MEVI?? Did your MEVI ever work?

IMO, a boost gauge should have been installed a loooong time ago my friend. Don't you want to know for a fact that you're hitting the proper boost level?? A boost gauge will tell ya if you have or leak or not.

I'd get a boost gauge and focus on getting the MEVI working, so your top end will be present and your boost gauge will display your psi based on your complete setup. Then focus on getting the ATP cutout working. Having multiple "gadgets" that don't work makes troubleshooting that much more difficult IMO.

Try not to get too frustrated. It's probably something simple, it usually is.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Paradox Systems Vendor

Hey thanks Jim. I just never got the time to get that bung welded in for the EGT probe, so i never installed hte wideband. The MEVI used to work, it just stopped for some odd reason back when i posted about it...Maybe the vaccum canister needs to be changed, its the only thing i never got to. My setup is 2.87" pulley, 3" charge pipe, jwt ecu SC z32 inj, z32 maf, 7.2k rev program, y pipe to the cutout, to stock catback...SAFC, and uhm, that high flow K&N filter. I guess that's it. I hope Chrismax can chime in since he had this working on his car. I'm giving up soon dammit.