Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Turbo max in Mexico (Mexicali, Baja actually)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007 | 09:13 PM

Clean set up and good price. A+
Old 02-04-2007 | 01:28 AM

I wont get tired of say thank U, thank U, 'cause everybody helped us with this project all the info was here on the org
Old 02-06-2007 | 06:14 PM

Hi to all, hey guys any advice on what to upgrade next? egt gauge, injectors, e-manage, z32 maf, safc-II, O2 wideband, in a logical order what would be next?

If you have experience on some brands please share your knowledge
Old 02-06-2007 | 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Turiman
Hi to all, hey guys any advice on what to upgrade next? egt gauge, injectors, e-manage, z32 maf, safc-II, O2 wideband, in a logical order what would be next?

If you have experience on some brands please share your knowledge
At what pressure are you at now? at 5psi my stock maf was maxing out.

I have the following, 370 z32 injectors, innovative wideband, vafc2 (to control 00vi and tune), boost gauge ofcourse, oil pressure gauge, tranny temperature gauge (i really recommend it for us auto's). If you get 370 or bigger injectors, you should get z32 maf. since it wont max out like the stock one.
Old 02-11-2007 | 07:09 PM

im runnin 5psi (.35 bars) and doesnt seems to max the maf, in other topic, yo guys i need some advice, i didnt realize that every morning when i start my car, and is very cold, i wait lets say 5 minutes until it reaches working temperature, i go on the street and if i put some revs on it (past 3k), it wont build boost (but i hear the turbo spools and the WG open, but not the bov) and it feels more like a restriction, then after a 10-15 minutes of driving the boost comes like if nothing happened, i said i didnt realize because everytime we go to the track we travel for 1 hour aprox. so this wasnt noticeable, any piece of advice?
Old 02-11-2007 | 08:55 PM

im runnin 5psi (.35 bars) and doesnt seems to max the maf, in other topic, yo guys i need some advice, i didnt realize that every morning when i start my car, and is very cold, i wait lets say 5 minutes until it reaches working temperature, i go on the street and if i put some revs on it (past 3k), it wont build boost (but i hear the turbo spools and the WG open, but not the bov) and it feels more like a restriction, then after a 10-15 minutes of driving the boost comes like if nothing happened, i said i didnt realize because everytime we go to the track we travel for 1 hour aprox. so this wasnt noticeable, any piece of advice?
I would say this is normal. Because turbo needs to be hot and also exhaust piping as well. Heat on the piping makes for more velocity on the gases. This is my case as well, specially because of my setup and long exhaust pipe into the turbo. Some poeple wrap their pipes with header wrap and this helps alot, but with time the wrap starts to break down. I say, dont worry about it.
Old 02-12-2007 | 06:20 PM

didnt knew that, thanks for the input, so exhaust wrap any place to get good prices?
Old 02-12-2007 | 06:38 PM

didnt knew that, thanks for the input, so exhaust wrap any place to get good prices?
You can purchase it from Summit. i think like a 50foot long for 30something. You can prolong the life of the wrap but its probably still going to break down eventually. you should remove the exhaust piping, spray paint it with high tempm paint. then put the wrap on. then spray paint the wrap with a paint that they sell for it to protect it. Reason u spray paint the pipe first is because the wrap will hold humidity between pipe and wrap and cause pipe to rust.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Hey can you tell me more how your car runs. so i can compare with mine since im auto and turbo as well. When does boost start to come in and when do u get full boost?
Old 02-12-2007 | 07:05 PM

Of course i can man, that would be the smallest thing i could do for you, after all the support you give with your replies.

Well the car runs pretty well, as far as i know because i dont have any advice to measure the a/f, egt's, or any other source of fine tunning info (...yet) but about the spool time: it starts to spool at about 2.7k rpm and see full boost (.35bar) at 3.6k rpms pretty decent i guess, what is having me worried right now is the tranny, i only have wot drop resistor mod, and a hayden tranny aux cooler, so my next step is on the tranny: transgo shift kit and amsoil syn oil

PS: oh yes we have a g-tech is the only notion we have to measure, hehe and it says my tranny is shifting at 5885 rpms (reaching the highest torque at 4500rpms, I think that isnt normal) 1-2 and 2-3 so i guess something can be modified in there
Old 02-12-2007 | 07:12 PM

Of course i can man, that would be the smallest thing i could do for you, after all the support you give with your replies.

Well the car runs pretty well, as far as i know because i dont have any advice to measure the a/f, egt's, or any other source of fine tunning info (...yet) but about the spool time: it starts to spool at about 2.7k rpm and see full boost (.35bar) at 3.6k rpms pretty decent i guess, what is having me worried right now is the tranny, i only have wot drop resistor mod, and a hayden tranny aux cooler, so my next step is on the tranny: transgo shift kit and amsoil syn oil
nice spool up. mine starts spooling at around 3k, and full boost close to 4k. I strongly suggest you purchase a wideband o2. You can get the same one i have which is the most inexpensive. cost me about 175shipped i think. u just need to have a laptop or u can purchase a gauge for it. As for the transmission. How is your drop resistor setup? do you have it to a WOT switch? your good with drop resistor, and tranny cooler. What you really should do is switch to mobil 1 atf, because it can handle heat better and its just a great fluid for our auto. I would do more research as to which valve body upgrade to do. i dont kno much about that though.
Old 02-12-2007 | 07:42 PM

Yes the DR is with a WOT switch, about the wideband i was researching and found this one from NGK new product actually
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NGK-A...spagenameZWDVW

and this one can be used with the emanage or any other advices to data log:
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com//produc...000&country=US
"Yes, the AFX has a 0 ~ 5V, linear analog output for AFR that can be used as an input to an engine controller or data acquisition system."

That is the main thing to be concerned with. Other than that it's up to you... price, looks, extra features if any, etc. Plenty on the market to choose from, do your research.

I'd still like to know about the self tune feature of the EU and how well it works as I've heard not so good news from other types of cars that've tried it.
about the shift kit, at the home page of transgo is around $130, i already talk with the manager of a tranny shop and he will charge me $140 (1500 pesos) to do the work, and about the tranny oil you suggest mobil instead of amsoil?

PS: to tune with wideband, besides emanage what piggyback you suggest
Old 02-12-2007 | 08:00 PM

Well i have had success with VAFC2. Some turbo guys also use emanage blue, which i just purchased and removed my vafc2. Amsoil is an awsome fluid as well but more expensive i think. Everyone has had alot of success with both, personally i'll go with mobil 1 if i were you, just because I kno it works great.

the transgo shift kit sounds way too cheap. I would ask on here about the quality of their stuff before you do that.
Old 02-13-2007 | 07:38 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

Turiman, you're not gonna need shift kits and valve bodies.... A good cooler, Mobil1, and a good VLSD tranny from an Infiniti I30 makes a complete package, to complement the other thing you're getting.

Provided you don't have one already, check car-part.com for 1999 Infiniti I30 automatic transmissions, locking type P/N ends with "V"), and I bet you find some in California and Arizona for less money than a valve body. Best tranny mod I ever bought. Two seasons on the strip and still working great...
Old 02-13-2007 | 08:33 AM
4th gen <3

So out of curiousness Turi, about what REV do you start to see some boost on that setup? When do you hit max boost?
Old 02-13-2007 | 04:49 PM

oh yes, well it starts spooling around 2700 rpm and hit full boost at somewhere between 3800-4000 rpm (i did a mistake in an old message putting 3.6k rpm), grey ill start looking for an I30 tranny then, ill be alert on your pm's, thank u very much
Old 02-13-2007 | 07:38 PM

oh yes, well it starts spooling around 2700 rpm and hit full boost at somewhere between 3800-4000 rpm (i did a mistake in an old message putting 3.6k rpm), grey ill start looking for an I30 tranny then, ill be alert on your pm's, thank u very much
Yea listen to grey99. what ever he tells you he learned from me lol j/k.

VLSD i30 tranny, cooler, mobil 1 ATF, drop resistor and your set!
Old 02-14-2007 | 07:30 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

Originally Posted by streetzlegend
Yea listen to grey99. what ever he tells you he learned from me lol j/k.

VLSD i30 tranny, cooler, mobil 1 ATF, drop resistor and your set!

I larn quick, like, too...... Jime also teached me....

Old 02-14-2007 | 08:06 AM

Iv learned that when you loose traction the tranny dosnt have time to shift into the next gear because its spinning so quick. so it hits rev limiter then shifts, do you know any ways around this grey99? this has been happening to me more often since I am now at around 7.5psi (untuned though) and it spins pretty bad when boost comes in. Usually right before the shift, I let off a little bit, but this causes to loose the built up pressure from the turbo.
Old 02-14-2007 | 09:24 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

Iv learned that when you loose traction the tranny dosnt have time to shift into the next gear because its spinning so quick. so it hits rev limiter then shifts, do you know any ways around this grey99? this has been happening to me more often since I am now at around 7.5psi (untuned though) and it spins pretty bad when boost comes in. Usually right before the shift, I let off a little bit, but this causes to loose the built up pressure from the turbo.
That mod you're waiting on will force the shift where ever you set it to - no over-rev or fuel cut happens... (especially important with nitrous !). And of course a VLSD tranny helps, since it spins both front wheels together, so you get better traction.

We had more rain, sleet, and blowing snow, and it's down to 3 degrees F this AM - and my garage is awfully cold right now. Patience.

How does your car run with the extra boost? And have you run against your boosted buddies yet? Is your drag strip out east of town, on the way to the airport? I was using Google Maps to eyeball your back yard, and I thought I saw the strip.
Old 02-14-2007 | 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by grey99max
That mod you're waiting on will force the shift where ever you set it to - no over-rev or fuel cut happens... (especially important with nitrous !). And of course a VLSD tranny helps, since it spins both front wheels together, so you get better traction.

We had more rain, sleet, and blowing snow, and it's down to 3 degrees F this AM - and my garage is awfully cold right now. Patience.

How does your car run with the extra boost? And have you run against your boosted buddies yet? Is your drag strip out east of town, on the way to the airport? I was using Google Maps to eyeball your back yard, and I thought I saw the strip.
Are you referring to the shift_fast1 mod?

I havent ran up agaisnt any of my friends yet. actually I only have one boosted buddy lol, and its another maxima but his in the 10+ psi range so no competition for him (YET) lol. I have to call the dude with srt4 that i went up against so that we can compare again see if the 7psi is any big of a difference.

As for our track, its here, Moroso
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.466919&om=1
Old 02-14-2007 | 11:09 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

Are you referring to the shift_fast1 mod?

I havent ran up agaisnt any of my friends yet. actually I only have one boosted buddy lol, and its another maxima but his in the 10+ psi range so no competition for him (YET) lol. I have to call the dude with srt4 that i went up against so that we can compare again see if the 7psi is any big of a difference.

As for our track, its here, Moroso
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.466919&om=1
Actually, I'm talking about the Shift_Fast_2 mod, with the programmable MSD to set the shift points.
Old 02-22-2007 | 04:58 PM

good build, props to you