Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

I Need Your opinions on BOV! Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007 | 05:32 PM

I Need Your opinions on BOV! Please

Hey guys I bought a supercharger kit and Im wondering what kind of BOV should I go with? I was thinking either the Greddy Type RS or Turbo XS RFL? If anyone recommends anything else let me know...Also do any of my stock pulleys need to be replaced for the supercharger and where does the supercharger belt run off of? Oh yea 1 more thing I got a stock ECU and someone told me not to get the JWT because I got a Nitrous kit and they said it gives it a bigger chance of detenation True or False? and what do you guys recommend?
Old 03-25-2007 | 06:01 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by EpzMaxima96
Hey guys I bought a supercharger kit and Im wondering what kind of BOV should I go with? I was thinking either the Greddy Type RS or Turbo XS RFL? If anyone recommends anything else let me know...Also do any of my stock pulleys need to be replaced for the supercharger and where does the supercharger belt run off of? Oh yea 1 more thing I got a stock ECU and someone told me not to get the JWT because I got a Nitrous kit and they said it gives it a bigger chance of detenation True or False? and what do you guys recommend?
I recommend using the Bosch BOV that came with the Stillen Kit. It's not pretty, but it does the job perfectly. Good up to 13psi. Start with that, then upgrade later once you know your car is running the way it should. The Bosch BOV can be seen on superchargersonline.com. If you're into looks, then go for the BOV's you mentioned. Do you know if they bolt right up the to the flange on the charge pipe? I believe so, but I don't remember. Try the search feature, as I know this has been covered many times. Whatever you choose, do not use choose a HKS SSQV, it sucks for our SC application. Once you're pushing 10-11psi or higher, then start looking at the Vortech Race BOV or Vortech Mondo, but be forewarned, their pricey.

No stock pulleys need to be replaced when installing a SC. The SC is parasitic, so it runs off the same belt as everything else. Of course, you'll need a new, longer belt so it can travel around everything. The length of the belt is dependent on which blower pulley you have. This info is in the stickies.

Oh, I also suggest you donate $20 so you can search efficiently. It will come in very handy.
Old 03-26-2007 | 01:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I like hks!
Old 03-26-2007 | 08:32 AM
oh noes!!!!1111

vortech race. anything else will surge or make it sound like dookie. If you do want a rfl or a rs i have both at my house i could sell you which ever you want.
Old 03-26-2007 | 09:23 AM

I got the RS and its a direct bolt on to the flange thanks guys for all the info I apprecaite it!
Old 03-26-2007 | 02:00 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by abci30
vortech race. anything else will surge or make it sound like dookie. If you do want a rfl or a rs i have both at my house i could sell you which ever you want.
My Tial doesnt surge.
Old 03-26-2007 | 02:19 PM
oh noes!!!!1111

^^^ i don't have any experience with the tial yet. When i had the other bovs they would surge (greddy rs, s, turboxs). I could hear the air being pushed back into the blower making a bubbly noise. If i tried to loosen the spring tension it would blow off way too much/early. I would cruise around and then thing would be blowing off. I just couldn't stand it anymore i really wanted to recir the race too but i couldn't find a big enough hose to fit over it. I got more of the surge problem when i went with the 2.62 pulley and it got annoying real quick.